2022 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
He could, but I’d really love for him to be hitting more towards the middle order and giving Yoyo some protection.
I like him at leadoff, when he fills out and gets stronger and IF we find a leadoff slide him down. I expect him to LO unless we portal a LO hitter. It was putrid last season.

Is this DiMare telling him he's not going to be starting next season or is it him reading the tea leaves himself?
From what I read it feels like he got the shove and the talk about maybe it’s best you go get a fresh start somewhere else.

Born needs to be talked into coming back…

Born probably did not appreciate wasting away behind Jenkins, Lala, Rivera, Frank.
I know he was injured but he never really got an opportunity once he came back.

Born probably did not appreciate wasting away behind Jenkins, Lala, Rivera, Frank.
I know he was injured but he never really got an opportunity once he came back.
and he was the talk of the of season too!!!!!! now he hit .136 but he only got like 25 ABs so it's hard to red much into that, I would welcome him to stay

Advertisement
The transfer @EL U mentioned in the summer thread, Jacob Burke, made Collegiate Baseball’s Freshman All American list at 3B along with Yoyo.

Jacob Burke (Southeastern Louisiana): A second team Southland pick, Burke hit .254 with 11 doubles, 9 homers, 43 RBI and stole 23 of 28 bases.

Should note that he’s a COVID freshman and played in 16 games in 2020. He was the team leader in HR and stolen bases, two areas we look deficient on paper.

Advertisement
Seems so. The Woodchucks have his school listed as University of Miami. It’s likely we arranged it given our established connection with that team.
How do you see that shaking out with Yoyo currently at 3rd and pitelli being so good defensively at SS...maybe a rotation between 3rd and DH with yoyo or could he slide to 2nd?

How do you see that shaking out with Yoyo currently at 3rd and pitelli being so good defensively at SS...maybe a rotation between 3rd and DH with yoyo or could he slide to 2nd?
Man I am torn, Burke is the much better fielder at 3B. Could Morales play RF maybe? He doesn't run real well but Burkes defensive stats were superb and Morales fielded .900, yikes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Burke is from Baton Rouge but did not end up at LSU. Is he a late bloomer?

I find it hard to believe Yoyo plays anywhere other than 3B for the same reason Del was always going to catch, unless Pitelli absolutely can’t hit at all moving him to SS. I figure 2B, OF, or DH are most likely for Burke, but I guess we’ll see.

Advertisement
I find it hard to believe Yoyo plays anywhere other than 3B for the same reason Del was always going to catch, unless Pitelli absolutely can’t hit at all moving him to SS. I figure 2B, OF, or DH are most likely for Burke, but I guess we’ll see.
When I read he was a transfer with a conflicting position with Yo-yo I just figured he was our new 2nd basemen

Burke statistically is the far better glove, Morales was shaky at best. But like you said Gino is sticky

Blake has also played LF for SE Louisiana, so maybe he is our replacement for Lala. They will find a way to get his bat in the lineup.

Advertisement
Back