2022 DT Zane Durant

Advertisement
He hasn’t done a thing at Pitt.
He was a Freshman All-American last year.

As a Redshirt Freshman Kancey “[p]layed in all 11 games, starting four in his first fully active season…starting assignments came in each of the final four contests…garnered praise as one of the country’s top frosh performers…named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Rivals and The Athletic…totaled 27 tackles, seven tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks…had a career-high five stops with one TFL against Notre Dame…had four tackles, including a career-high 2.5 TFLs and 1.5 sacks against Syracuse…had four stops at Clemson.”

Last edited:
Big dog you know i got him up high on my list with the Nyjalik Kelly's and Stewart i wanty this jit in the class. Fool look like he live in the weightroom...and if you look a year ago there is film of him doing what he wanted in 1 on 1's against one of our main ot targets Austin Barber.

He's 6'1 1/2 but one thing i preach with dl i would recruit coming from me playing ol is ...MOTOR...and this kid has it along with the Mario Eugenio kid. Hes a kid you take in a class like this and sandwhich him with behemoths at dt in the prior class and the one behind.
**** yeah fam, it's not like he's undersized, lazy, and unathletic. Jit don't stop, and he looks like one of the types to challenge for the pound-for-pound best athlete on the team title. To me, he's not really undersized, just 1¼ inches shorter than "everybody shut up about how tall I am" height. Feeley gone have him at 290+, but looking like a Mr. Universe contestant. We're not playing basketball here. Plus, jit might not even be 17 yet. Who's to say he won't grow to be 6'3" before he enrolls? Again, I give zero fuccs if he doesn't. Give me an Aaron Donald Lite over a Jacoby Briscoe 7 days a week...

**** yeah fam, it's not like he's undersized, lazy, and unathletic. Jit don't stop, and he looks like one of the types to challenge for the pound-for-pound best athlete on the team title. To me, he's not really undersized, just 1¼ inches shorter than "everybody shut up about how tall I am" height. Feeley gone have him at 290+, but looking like a Mr. Universe contestant. We're not playing basketball here. Plus, jit might not even be 17 yet. Who's to say he won't grow to be 6'3" before he enrolls? Again, I give zero fuccs if he doesn't. Give me an Aaron Donald Lite over a Jacoby Briscoe 7 days a week...
Jacoby Briscoe....

I had high hopes for him. He got to that dorm, turned on his Xbox and never looked back lol.

Advertisement

As a Redshirt Freshman Kancey “[p]layed in all 11 games, starting four in his first fully active season…starting assignments came in each of the final four contests…garnered praise as one of the country’s top frosh performers…named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Rivals and The Athletic…totaled 27 tackles, seven tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks…had a career-high five stops with one TFL against Notre Dame…had four tackles, including a career-high 2.5 TFLs and 1.5 sacks against Syracuse…had four stops at Clemson.”
And? So did that McDougle kid. The freshman AA list are some of the worst chosen lists in sports. He had a total of 7 TFLs and 1 sack. That’s below average and doesn’t prove anything.

He seems similar to Jason Blissett who ended up being a tweener DE/DT Why does he project to be any better?

He hasn’t done a thing at Pitt.
1624968735436.gif

This!

Advertisement
Clemson has taken a couple guys in this mold. Grady Jarrett and Carlos Watkins. I would also say he looks more athletic than the both of them too.
Don't forget current Clemson DT Tyler Davis who is from Apopka, FL ( metro Orlando). Young man is built like a fire hhydrogen

Go Canes

Just looked at his tape, dude followed up lining as a DE with a clip where he ran as the wildcat QB for a 10+ yard run...

Dude looked like Cam Newton for a second running with the ball

And? So did that McDougle kid. The freshman AA list are some of the worst chosen lists in sports. He had a total of 7 TFLs and 1 sack. That’s below average and doesn’t prove anything.
He ended up starting, as a freshman, on a Pitt DLine that had 2 players drafted last year. #facts

This dude is one of those unique athletes, I believe Lance had an article (the year we got JHH and Blissett?) where the magic # for elite DT’s was 4.5 and quicker in the shuttle.

Not all elite DT’s had under 4.5 but any DT under a 4.5 shuttle was at the very least a nightmare on pass down and distance, if not an All American or Pro Bowl caliber player.

Advertisement
He ended up starting, as a freshman, on a Pitt DLine that had 2 players drafted last year. #facts
Ok. If Twyman would’ve played then he wouldn’t. You can revision it all you want. He was a below average lineman last year.

Total Disruption is what I see. He’s a DT/DE hybrid. He is athletic enough to drop into coverage in zone blitz schemes.You can line him up all over the DL, and he will disrupt their game plan. He’s the type of kid that’ll have OL coaches cussing their OL all game. Jit is an absolute take!

Advertisement

WestLaw/LEXIS training wins out over generalities every time...

Is that below average for a freshman? And it seems like that is more than "a thing", it seems like it is at least eight things.

Advertisement
Back