2022 DT Zane Durant

Yep, how disruptive was Rousseau and to a lesser degree Phillips from the interior on 3rd down, and Greg has a terrible body for interior rusher with his height and thinner build, but can also create a mismatch. Get guys who can play and figure it out. This type of body and player can move around as you said!
lol I still enjoy replaying GR15 sacking FSU QB from the interior where it was a screen play, basically the entire OL tried to cut block and I think missed each defender. There was a screenshot with all 4 of our DL running free to the QB while the entire OL was on the ground. if there was ever a time to give out a .25 of a sack, that was it.

Edit: Found the pic, my mistake it was only 3 guys which makes it even more pathetic by the FSU team. GR15 was lined up over the LG tried to cut him, didnt work, Garvin at the top is about to get tripped by the LT and RT tried to cut Hill who easily stepped over him C and RG had no one over them which is my only guess why they didn't cut block, but they also just stood there and didn't touch a single person.
UM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
First page has a Elite Underclassman Camp measurables. Unsure when they are from but

Height: 73.75
Weight 242
Wingspan 76
40: 4.8
Vert: 30
L Drill 7.79
Shuttle 4.5
Broad Jump 112.

Edit: That is just over 6'1 for you poster's not good at math. Obviously the weight needs work and when he packs on the lbs he likely isnt running a 4.8 or maybe even jumping as high but everything else is insane for that size. I also like his playing style.

I do have questions about his frame being able to add another 40ish lbs to be big enough to play DT but no issues with the take. Interested to see his senior year as he looks like an early RS candidate before getting serious burn.

We will likely have Elijah Roberts, Holley, maybe a senior Miller or JHH, then Haye and LT at the position when he steps on campus.
Just a hair below 6'2". From recent pics on campus he's easily north of 250. Probably would be better for him playing in that 270-285 range but we'll see how he develops. I was oj betting on his athletic profile & explosiveness.

Really hope we can land this kid. Amazing measurables and would love to have his athleticism upfront. Think he'd be a perfect 3T in our system.

Play him at a fast, strong 290 / 295 alongside a big 1T and we've got something.

Advertisement
A guy like Durant would definitely be a welcome addition IMO. The kid is a ballplayer, idgaf about 6'1", 6'2", whatever. Although he's not 6'4, I can work with a kid whose wingspan has a few inches on his height. Football is a game of leverage, and shorter freaks with good to great length can wreak havoc in the trenches. Three things about Zane stand our to me. First is the motor. Everything I've seen on him shows me that he's a kid that doesn't give up on many plays. I saw a lot of plays made on the backside from a dude who's definitely built for playside combat. He's also very athletic. At 225-230 instead of 250+, he's a high P5 LB or even Big Back recruit. He basically ate his way out of shaking up our LB recruiting board. I really liked the film I saw of him playing off-ball LB. And lastly, he's got either one outta two or a combination of both things going on. Insane genetics and/or an insane work ethic in the weight room. That dude is JACKED for someone who just finished 11th Grade. A whole year to grow before Feeley even touches him. Project how he'd look on Opening Day 2023. Put him with a teacher like Coach Jess to show him how to use his hands. He would also make us more exotic. Packages could be created to utilize him at SDE and put him in zone blitzes as well. I don't wanna commit football blasphemy, but he's definitely in the John Randle/Aaron Donald mold. Will he be them is another question, but their games have many of the same strengths. Additionally, dudes like Durant and T. Davis make us attractive to talented D-Linemen of all dimensions, especially if we show the creativity to use them properly...

Advertisement
The kid is talented, little worried he won’t be able put on the weight to play inside consistently.

Advertisement
A guy like Durant would definitely be a welcome addition IMO. The kid is a ballplayer, idgaf about 6'1", 6'2", whatever. Although he's not 6'4, I can work with a kid whose wingspan has a few inches on his height. Football is a game of leverage, and shorter freaks with good to great length can wreak havoc in the trenches. Three things about Zane stand our to me. First is the motor. Everything I've seen on him shows me that he's a kid that doesn't give up on many plays. I saw a lot of plays made on the backside from a dude who's definitely built for playside combat. He's also very athletic. At 225-230 instead of 250+, he's a high P5 LB or even Big Back recruit. He basically ate his way out of shaking up our LB recruiting board. I really liked the film I saw of him playing off-ball LB. And lastly, he's got either one outta two or a combination of both things going on. Insane genetics and/or an insane work ethic in the weight room. That dude is JACKED for someone who just finished 11th Grade. A whole year to grow before Feeley even touches him. Project how he'd look on Opening Day 2023. Put him with a teacher like Coach Jess to show him how to use his hands. He would also make us more exotic. Packages could be created to utilize him at SDE and put him in zone blitzes as well. I don't wanna commit football blasphemy, but he's definitely in the John Randle/Aaron Donald mold. Will he be them is another question, but their games have many of the same strengths. Additionally, dudes like Durant and T. Davis make us attractive to talented D-Linemen of all dimensions, especially if we show the creativity to use them properly...
Agreed. You don't see graduating 11th graders built like him often. Feeley would have him looking like Aaron Donald by his Sophomore year.

That’s who I was thinking too!!!
I wanted that kid so bad and he wanted a UM offer. He was only about 5’11/6’ and like 245/250 and we passed on him. Partridge picked him up and he was in the 2 deep on a really good Pitt DLine as a RS-F. Gonna be starting this year.

Durant is a bit bigger and even more athletic imo.

I think he is probably a little north of 6-1. He seems to be a guy who we took additional interest in after seeing him in person. And, no doubt, Simpson wants size up front. I’m going to guess he’s 6-2 275 with the ability to get to 295 or so and they like the skill set at that size.

Advertisement
He from a family full of athletes. Cousins that played at Bethune and USF. Aunt was a beast in vollyball and basketball, cousin who is hands down one of the best athletes to come out of the area, and his sister played basketball at FIU....

Big dog you know i got him up high on my list with the Nyjalik Kelly's and Stewart i wanty this jit in the class. Fool look like he live in the weightroom...and if you look a year ago there is film of him doing what he wanted in 1 on 1's against one of our main ot targets Austin Barber.

He's 6'1 1/2 but one thing i preach with dl i would recruit coming from me playing ol is ...MOTOR...and this kid has it along with the Mario Eugenio kid. Hes a kid you take in a class like this and sandwhich him with behemoths at dt in the prior class and the one behind.

Advertisement
Back