2022 DT Zane Durant

Advertisement
Meh, I feel like we need to get bigger up front not smaller.

Ultimately agree. I don’t mind this take but you have to be careful. Can’t take too many of these types. Need a couple of big boys along with him. Really really really hope we push for the LA kid. Yes, he is a 1T and isn’t a scheme fit per se but he brings something we don’t have enough of.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone know testing numbers or wingspan? If those are good idc much about 6’1”.

4.8 is a very promising start.

@htownkidd

This is what I was talking about when I said we should be more of a hybrid front team in another thread. It allows use to take talented kids like this Shemar, Lucas, etc. and just move them around and create mismatches up front like the fins and the pats do. You obviously still take some traditional guys but the majority are just movable pieces.

3T all the way right? Any official measurements on this kid? I’ve seen 6’1 all the way to 6’2.5.

6’1 is tall enough for a twitchy 3T, just curious.

First page has a Elite Underclassman Camp measurables. Unsure when they are from but

Height: 73.75
Weight 242
Wingspan 76
40: 4.8
Vert: 30
L Drill 7.79
Shuttle 4.5
Broad Jump 112.

Edit: That is just over 6'1 for you poster's not good at math. Obviously the weight needs work and when he packs on the lbs he likely isnt running a 4.8 or maybe even jumping as high but everything else is insane for that size. I also like his playing style.

I do have questions about his frame being able to add another 40ish lbs to be big enough to play DT but no issues with the take. Interested to see his senior year as he looks like an early RS candidate before getting serious burn.

We will likely have Elijah Roberts, Holley, maybe a senior Miller or JHH, then Haye and LT at the position when he steps on campus.

Last edited:
Advertisement

1624904272041.png

I know nothing about this kid that I didnt just read in this thread. That said, this thread is giving me Deadrin Senat vibes. We have the recruitniks who claim his on-field production is a sign of how he projects. Then we have the Al golden contingent saying he's already maxed out and doesnt have enough room to develop on that frame.

As was so often the case in life, Al Golden was wrong. lol Deadrin Senat had a solid career at USF and was a 3rd round pick in the draft. We'll have to see how it plays out for this kid.

I know nothing about this kid that I didnt just read in this thread. That said, this thread is giving me Deadrin Senat vibes. We have the recruitniks who claim his on-field production is a sign of how he projects. Then we have the Al golden contingent saying he's already maxed out and doesnt have enough room to develop on that frame.

As was so often the case in life, Al Golden was wrong. lol Deadrin Senat had a solid career at USF and was a 3rd round pick in the draft. We'll have to see how it plays out for this kid.
Yup, a very good comparison was Kier Thomas who Trob had at USCe…

Advertisement
@htownkidd

This is what I was talking about when I said we should be more of a hybrid front team in another thread. It allows use to take talented kids like this Shemar, Lucas, etc. and just move them around and create mismatches up front like the fins and the pats do. You obviously still take some traditional guys but the majority are just movable pieces.
Yep, how disruptive was Rousseau and to a lesser degree Phillips from the interior on 3rd down, and Greg has a terrible body for interior rusher with his height and thinner build, but can also create a mismatch. Get guys who can play and figure it out. This type of body and player can move around as you said!

Advertisement
Back