2022 ATH Graves lands UM offer from Van Dyke, close with Curtis

View as article
Advertisement
He was 4* on 247 and ESPN (#18 CB in the nation) last I looked and EVERYONE wanted him including Bama/Clemson offers, then he was a Freshman All AC CB, and the to Carolina.

He was like 5'7 his Sophomore year but he grew to 6'1 and EVERY school wanted him as a CB

He didn't need much "molding", when every Power 4 Top 25 school offers you, you are legit, no matter the "recruiting ranking".... my guy

So in your opinion a guy like DJ IVEY doesnt need molding.

4 star guy right...wth the uga, Auburn, USCE offers.

Look at you already trying your best to downplay our current db coach abilities.

**** cant even make a comp to a guy for his playing style. I didnt call Horn a project...just was saying he became a 1st rd guy working with T ROB.

This kid has the same type of ball skills , playing style, and size coming out

247. You have some weird individual team reps but they are usually pretty accurate for evals...besides the FSU guy. He is just a complete moron. Everyone FSU looks at is a 4* or above ;).
Yes, that is what I meant to type, I really only look at 247 for the most part, not sure why I typed Rivals, not a fan of it or ESPN tbh

So in your opinion a guy like DJ IVEY doesnt need molding.

4 star guy right...wth the uga, Auburn, USCE offers.

Look at you already trying your best to downplay our current db coach abilities.

**** cant even make a comp to a guy for his playing style.
OH NO, NOT THIS

We are not comparing an uber stud athlete straight out of HS to DJ Ivey? are we????????? :pgdead:

In no way did I downplay Trob, you made that up in your head my man, but nice try. Sorry if stating that a kid like Horn didn't need much molding hurt your feelings, I apologize. I'm sure he helped some of course, but let's not act like Horn was not already a superior athlete and CB, thus why I said he likely didn't need much "molding" from him. Now if he can turn DJ into an effective CB here, that is "molding".

For the record Horn's HS offer list >>>> DJ's

Last edited:
Advertisement
I haven’t made that comp (Horn is faster), but TRob has made that comp numerous times in public and private.

Let him work and we’ll see what happens. I like his track record.
He has compared DJ Ivey to Jaycee Horn?

I would like to read that, for real you got a link?

IMO athlete wise it's like a 7 to a 10, not just faster by quite a bit, quicker hips, more fluid from what I have seem of DJ's limited time here

But let's see it, maybe he got DJ right. If he does all props to him. And yes, his track record is legit, hopefully it keeps up here.

OH NO, NOT THIS

We are not comparing an uber stud athlete straight out of HS to DJ Ivey? are we????????? :pgdead:

In no way did I downplay Trob, you made that up in your head my man, but nice try. Sorry if stating that a kid like Horn didn't need much molding hurt your feelings, I apologize. I'm sure he helped some of course, but let's not act like Horn was not already a superior athlete and CB, thus why I said he likely didn't need much "molding" from him. Now if he can turn DJ into an effective CB here, that is "molding".

For the record Horn's HS offer list >>>>>>>>>> DJ's
For the record both were 4 stars coming out......With similar offers. DJ IVEY had the same commitable offers as Horn my man. In fact DJ ivey turned down T ROB obviously..gave him the run around.

Horn was committed to UT...and ended up at USCE.....not sure how you feel but UM IS A BETTER FOOTBALL PROGRAM than USCE evenw hen we are down. The ones you think were better offers obviously wasnt ocmmittable..(Clemson,Bama)

There are a whole lot of 4 star bust out there...Horn had to be developed..is what im getting at. Just like DJ IVEY needs to be developed this season is what im getting at. Your opinion is that Horn was a sure thing..

Enough of DJ IVEY talk i was comparing Graves to Horn as a prospect.

6’1” 205-Lbs

Pro Day 40m = 4.39

NFL.com Comparison (Lance Zierlein):
Jimmy Smith (Ravens)

Jaycee Horn was a four-star recruit out Alpharetta (Ga) High School. He spurned offers from traditional powers such as Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Ohio State to choose the Gamecocks, where he started as a true freshman.

lol going off his bio? ok... using that logic:

"Consensus four-star prospect by ESPN.com, 247Sports.com and Rivals.com…Listed as seventh-best offensive guard in nation, 30th-best overall prospect in Florida and 143rd overall recruit nationally by ESPN.com…Listed as 12th-best prospect at position and 48th-best recruit regardless of position in Florida by 247Sports…Selected to 2018 Under Armour All-America Game in Orlando, Fla….Chose Miami over offers from Ohio State, Florida State, Clemson, Florida, LSU, Louisville, Ohio State, Oregon and USC, among others."

Guy sounds legit right? Solid offer list, everyone wanted him, top guy, shouldn't need much molding, 2 year automatic starter...

I present to you Cleveland Reed Jr my guy....

Advertisement
For the record both were 4 stars coming out......With similar offers. DJ IVEY had the same commitable offers as Horn my man. In fact DJ ivey turned down T ROB obviously..gave him the run around.

Horn was committed to UT...and ended up at USCE.....not sure how you feel but UM IS A BETTER FOOTBALL PROGRAM than USCE evenw hen we are down. The ones you think were better offers obviously wasnt ocmmittable..(Clemson,Bama)

There are a whole lot of 4 star bust out there...Horn had to be developed..is what im getting at. Just like DJ IVEY needs to be developed this season is what im getting at. Your opinion is that Horn was a sure thing..
He was, he walked in and started DAY 1 and was ALL-SEC Freshman. TRob surely helped but he had the skills already, unless he morphed him into that in less than 3 months?

Now did he make him better, I'm sure, but was Horn already good enough to be a Day 1 SEC starter off his measurables and athletic ability? You better believe it. He is and never was a DJ Ivey caliber player, PERIOD

That's all I'm saying, no need for feelings to get hurt my man. And I have stated in here already I am with you on Graves, looks like he can be a player, great athletic attributes already

Last edited:

"Consensus four-star prospect by ESPN.com, 247Sports.com and Rivals.com…Listed as seventh-best offensive guard in nation, 30th-best overall prospect in Florida and 143rd overall recruit nationally by ESPN.com…Listed as 12th-best prospect at position and 48th-best recruit regardless of position in Florida by 247Sports…Selected to 2018 Under Armour All-America Game in Orlando, Fla….Chose Miami over offers from Ohio State, Florida State, Clemson, Florida, LSU, Louisville, Ohio State, Oregon and USC, among others."

Guy sounds legit right? Solid offer list, everyone wanted him, top guy, shouldn't need much molding, 2 year automatic starter...

The actual point was HORN was a 4* by most sites and you were wrong about it, and he was a Top 25 CB by most sites, and you were wrong about that as well

Keep up buddy, it's easier that way.....

#MyGuy :pgdead:

My guy, Jaycee was a 3* not even in the top 500, 42nd best CB on 247. Rivals had him as high as 168 overall and dropped him every update until NSD. Composite yes he was a 4*

I agree his offer list is legit but to call him a 4* stud and automatic 2-year starter is a little lofty for a kid, no matter where you looked, was outside the top 150.
to remind "my guy" Cookie here of his "porst"

Im glad someone got my gist and what i was aiming at.

Jaycee Horn was NOT Pat Surtain coming out. Pat would of went first round coming out of Stetson University. Jaycee Horn had to be developed

And i also know the bio game where you see guys in div 2 talking about they chose Western Alaska state over offers from Ole mIss lol

Advertisement
The actual point was HORN was a 4* by most sites and you were wrong about it, and he was a Top 25 CB by most sites, and you were wrong about that as well

Keep up buddy, it's easier that way.....

#MyGuy :pgdead:
YOU said he was a 4* stud, I pointed out he wasnt a consensus 4*, what was I wrong about?

You also just said this: "I really only look at 247 for the most part, not sure why I typed Rivals, not a fan of it or ESPN tbh"

Well guess what the only site you look at, has him as the 516th best player. It was ESPN and Rivals who boosted his rank. Everything I said was factual my guy. That 247 was not high on him and he was not a top 150 player on any site. And LOL if you think the kid went from UT to USCe with Bama, Clemson and UGA offers when he is from GA.

Im glad someone got my gist and what i was aiming at.

Jaycee Horn was NOT Pat Surtain coming out. Pat would of went first round coming out of Stetson University. Jaycee Horn had to be developed

And i also know the bio game where you see guys in div 2 talking about they chose Western Alaska state over offers from Ole mIss lol
So tell me what TRob developed in those few practices/sessions that made him All-ACC as a true freshman out of HS? Did he make him 6'1, 205, 4.3 forty and 40 inch vert?

Even better, what would have Horn been as a Freshman had TRob not been the coach, was he gonna sit the bench???

Catching on yet?

Advertisement
I haven’t made that comp (Horn is faster), but TRob has made that comp numerous times in public and private.

Let him work and we’ll see what happens. I like his track record.
All the positive that we’ve spoken is from T Rob’s mouth. That’s not Cribby, D money and others , that’s from the man himself. He loves Ivey and sees him as a pro. People can laugh at that all they want. People around the program see a difference already with his coaching, we’ll see against bama if it’s all hype or not.

Bruh what is wrong with that post. Do you not know the difference between 247 composite and 247 ranking? Everything in that post is accurate,
He was a consensus 4 star and Top 25 CB by most every site, not what you claimed. My guy.

He has compared DJ Ivey to Jaycee Horn?

I would like to read that, for real you got a link?

30 minute mark. He’s saying the same things behind the scenes, and he’s not a guy who praises every kid on the roster.

Again, I’m not co-signing because we haven’t seen it all come together in games. But it is interesting that Banda and TRob were both sky-high on Ivey.

All the positive that we’ve spoken is from T Rob’s mouth. That’s not Cribby, D money and others , that’s from the man himself. He loves Ivey and sees him as a pro. People can laugh at that all they want. People around the program see a difference already with his coaching, we’ll see against bama if it’s all hype or not.
I like it, let's leave it at that and see what DJ does this season. I am sure one way or another this will be brought back up. Good idea Cribby, thank you.

For the record I hope TS and DJ are both first team ALL AC type CBs, I will eat crow gladly. BUT I won't crown a kid until I see it, too many idiots have been doing that on these boards for years. Good talk guys.

Advertisement
Back