2022 ATH Graves lands UM offer from Van Dyke, close with Curtis

View as article
Advertisement
These are the types of kids you take if you've been missing on the highest-rated CBs like we have the last few years. Prototype in terms of height/weight/speed. And I don't think he will be considered the sleeper-type by the time this year is done (247 already has him as a 4-star)
There’s some guys we’re after that are considered sleepers now but won’t be by nsd. Graves and Lee are a couple.

Advertisement
Graves offer list is legit, some big hitters on it. Lee's is 3 star like. Take em both

Last edited:
I would take a whole defensive backfield full of Horn's, he was a 4 star stud in HS with offers from EVERYONE, an automatic 2 year starter stud at USCe and should start for the Panthers. Kid could always play. Not sure there was much to "mold" with a kid like him. But I am a TRob fan.

Advertisement
I would take a whole defensive backfield full of Horn's, he was a 4 star stud in HS with offers from EVERYONE, an automatic 2 year starter stud at USCe and should start for the Panthers. Kid could always play. Not sure there was much to "mold" with a kid like him. But I am a TRob fan.

My guy, Jaycee was a 3* not even in the top 500, 42nd best CB on 247. Rivals had him as high as 168 overall and dropped him every update until NSD. Composite yes he was a 4*

I agree his offer list is legit but to call him a 4* stud and automatic 2-year starter is a little lofty for a kid, no matter where you looked, was outside the top 150.

My guy, Jaycee was a 3* not even in the top 500, 42nd best CB on 247. Rivals had him as high as 168 overall and dropped him every update until NSD. Composite yes he was a 4*

I agree his offer list is legit but to call him a 4* stud and automatic 2-year starter is a little lofty for a kid, no matter where you looked, was outside the top 150.
He was 4* on 247 and ESPN (#18 CB in the nation) last I looked and EVERYONE wanted him including Bama/Clemson offers, then he was a Freshman All AC CB, and the to Carolina.

He was like 5'7 his Sophomore year but he grew to 6'1 and EVERY school wanted him as a CB

He didn't need much "molding", when every Power 4 Top 25 school offers you, you are legit, no matter the "recruiting ranking".... my guy

Last edited:
He was 4* on Rivals last I looked (I trust them) and EVERYONE wanted him including Bama/Clemson offers, then he was a Freshman All AC CB, and the to Carolina. He didn't need much molding, when every Power 4 Top 25 school offers you, you are legit, no matter the "recruiting ranking"
i trust isis more than rivals when it comes to recruiting

Advertisement
6’1” 205-Lbs

Pro Day 40m = 4.39

NFL.com Comparison (Lance Zierlein):
Jimmy Smith (Ravens)

Jaycee Horn was a four-star recruit out Alpharetta (Ga) High School. He spurned offers from traditional powers such as Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Ohio State to choose the Gamecocks, where he started as a true freshman.

He was 4* on 247 and ESPN (#18 CB in the nation) last I looked and EVERYONE wanted him including Bama/Clemson offers, then he was a Freshman All AC CB, and the to Carolina.

He didn't need much "molding", when every Power 4 Top 25 school offers you, you are legit, no matter the "recruiting ranking".... my guy

Espn you are correct and composite 247 you are correct. Straight 247 you are incorrect (I just looked) I said he had a good offer list but again hard to say how many were truly a committable offer. Tough to imagine USCe beating Bama/Clemson for a top guy. 2018 was the year Bama took Armour Davis, Surtain, Jobe etc. all top top guys, I think its safe to say Jaycee was a plan B for them.

You are the one who incorrectly said he was a 4* stud and brought recruiting ranks into it. Regardless even under ESPN he was the 18th best CB, dude needed some molding and was still the #1 CB in the draft. Good player, yes. Surefire first rounder coming out of HS (like Surtain) nah my guy.

Espn you are correct and composite 247 you are correct. Straight 247 you are incorrect (I just looked) I said he had a good offer list but again hard to say how many were truly a committable offer. Tough to imagine USCe beating Bama/Clemson for a top guy. 2018 was the year Bama took Armour Davis, Surtain, Jobe etc. all top top guys, I think its safe to say Jaycee was a plan B for them.

You are the one who incorrectly said he was a 4* stud and brought recruiting ranks into it. Regardless even under ESPN he was the 18th best CB, dude needed some molding and was still the #1 CB in the draft. Good player, yes. Surefire first rounder coming out of HS (like Surtain) nah my guy.
It was well known all the SEC schools offered/wanted him:

8. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

Team:
Carolina Panthers
Rivals rating: 4 stars, No. 189 overall
2018 position ranking: No. 20 cornerback
Like Patrick Surtain, Jaycee Horn is the son of a longtime NFL player. For Horn, his father is Joe Horn, the former New Orleans Saints receiver. The battle for Horn was hotly contested across the SEC. He first verbally committed to Tennessee in August of 2017, but he backed away after Butch Jones was fired.
A month later, the Georgia native signed with South Carolina in the early signing period. The four-star recruit ended up becoming a starter as a true freshman. By his junior year, Horn became one of the top corners in the country. Now he is a first-round pick.

but enough about the fact he was a 4 star on most every site and offered by every major power, if you don't believe it that's on you, my guy

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back