2021 WR Chase Smith receives offer

At this point... All I care about really is landing Leonard Taylor as priority #1 and Marshall as 1a... anything on top of that is gravy. If Marshall does not pop get Divaad Wilson who is a stud and the rest of the class will fall in place anyways.

Wilson sounds like he is already packed and waiting in a car outside of the Hecht Center for the phone call from Manny and Rumph! Dammit if we let him fall by the wayside I'm gonna be salty if we don't get Marshall.

Advertisement

Says that if he had to make a decision now it would be the place he's most familiar with.

His whole family graduated from Miami, Dad (obviously), Mom & older brother.

Also says the coaches tell him he's a top priority & they want him to play whatever position he wants, it'll be his choice.

The only problem is, he says he wants to wait until the season to make his decision. Someone ought to tell him, we won't have any room by then. Pull the trigger now son, before your spot gets taken.

This what I like to see!!! Come on kid quit stalling and commit

We only have 6 spots left , something has to give. I’m not sweating chase , Lewis , Collins , Yuk or anyone else. I know we’ll be getting six ballers and that’s all that matters. Somebody’s going to be left out , it’s just gotta be that way. That’s how it is when you have a really good class.

So save me the tears because the guy you want might be left out. It’s going to be a really good class, lose the yoga pants and put on your big boy pants.
Music to my ears. Can't even remember the last time when we were turning away ballers.

Advertisement
We only have 6 spots left , something has to give. I’m not sweating chase , Lewis , Collins , Yuk or anyone else. I know we’ll be getting six ballers and that’s all that matters. Somebody’s going to be left out , it’s just gotta be that way. That’s how it is when you have a really good class.

So save me the tears because the guy you want might be left out. It’s going to be a really good class, lose the yoga pants and put on your big boy pants.

I mean with WFH being the new permanent out here, my yoga pants are all I got...my jeans probably think I died.

We need to stop playing and push for this kids commitment. One of the most versatile players in the country. Reminds me of Avery Huff and Jeremiah Payton. Could start on either side of the ball and be a playmaker. Kid is 6'3'' 190 right now with a big frame, dad was an all american TE for us, and.... he's got the look. LFG Chase! Get in the boat!

1595530780166.png

This kid actually has a green light? I thought that wasn’t the case.

Advertisement
This kid at LB is better than at least half our class IMO. Need to prioritize getting him even if it means cutting some fat on our commit list.

This kid actually has a green light? I thought that wasn’t the case.
He didn't as of a few weeks ago. Maybe things changed, but I don't see what would have changed since then.

The better question is, when was the last time a 4 star recruit admitted to the interviewer of a team he likes that he doesn't have the green light? Emphasis on the 4 star as I know a lower rated recruit would have no issue admitting that.

It would be a shame not to land this kid. Great athlete that can play either side of the ball and a legacy to boot. One of my favorite recruits this cycle. We need to get and keep stacking athletes like this. I'm sure he would make for an intriguing WR prospect but to me, you stack athletes like this on the defensive side of the ball.

Miami can land him if they want to have him. He doesn’t have a green light. Sounds like Miami coaches have communicated that to him clearly, reading between the lines. Waiting on some other big fish to make some decisions.

Advertisement
Miami can land him if they want to have him. He doesn’t have a green light. Sounds like Miami coaches have communicated that to him clearly, reading between the lines. Waiting on some other big fish to make some decisions.
Gotta be honest, if this kid doesn't end up at UM I'm gonna be bummed. Don't get me wrong, I get the fact that the numbers are the numbers and the staff has done a helluva job, but I really think this kid will be special.

Then there has to be some ******* monsters in the
fold besides marshall & taylor bc this kid is an auto take.

Advertisement
We are not dropping talented guys like Troutman. If anything we add as much talent as possible and figure out the numbers later. Roster has dead weight
The constraint is not dead weight on the roster. We're well under the 85 limit. That's a separate issue.

The constraint is the ICs for the incoming class. There aren't many left. Decisions will have to be made if everyone wants in. It seems Marshall and Taylor are the only ones guaranteed a seat when the music stops.

Who is he playing against? Anyone of note? Wish I could watch a full game but regardless he dominating those lil kids it looks like he playing against. Like him on defense too. Never can have enough defensive guy on your d that played offense and can take turnovers to the house.

Advertisement
Back