2021 WR Chase Smith receives offer

Advertisement
Everyone has an opinion. Why do you think they should drop him?

Cause he’s been on Florida’s ******* for like a half year now. Said multiple times Florida was leading for him & he’s only committed to us cause of mom. So if he wants to be at Florida so bad go to them cause we not gone recruit you anymore, kids disrespect schools all the time when it comes to handling the recruitment process but when a kid gets dropped due to his own actions it’s a problem. Handle the process with some class & he probably wouldn’t be in this situation.

To be completely fair, Collins is good but Collins himself didn’t want to be cane. We stayed on him and discovered certain work ethic issues and we value that the most in our recruits today. He overplayed his position and we recruited over him. It was dead then and it’s dead now. Can’t jump back on the ship because we have momentum.. continue to flirt with whoever you’re not a take for kid. Good luck we do genuinely wish you well. Just business, Like the kids say..

Cause he’s been on Florida’s ******* for like a half year now. Said multiple times Florida was leading for him & he’s only committed to us cause of mom. So if he wants to be at Florida so bad go to them cause we not gone recruit you anymore, kids disrespect schools all the time when it comes to handling the recruitment process but when a kid gets dropped due to his own actions it’s a problem. Handle the process with some class & he probably wouldn’t be in this situation.
Well in that case I agree with you.

Advertisement
Better players out there that will fill the class with needs and talent, Still need a qb, Brashard, LT, an elite OT, Maason Smith, Markevious Brown, Jason Marshall, Chase Smith. I named eight people when we only have six spots left, and Collins is not a better football player than any of those guys. He also doesn't want to be here, so why should we not drop him? Not only that but 2021 recruiting cycle is nowhere near complete, UM is bound to have some more guys pop up on the board sooner or later.

To be completely fair, Collins is good but Collins himself didn’t want to be cane. We stayed on him and discovered certain work ethic issues and we value that the most in our recruits today. He overplayed his position and we recruited over him. It was dead then and it’s dead now. Can’t jump back on the ship because we have momentum.. continue to flirt with whoever you’re not a take for kid. Good luck we do genuinely wish you well. Just business, Like the kids say..

If you looking, we looking.

Recently that hasn't really worked out for us but things appear to be changing.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up lately but it's interesting to note that we only have one commitment beyond the class of 2021. And as we all know he's the younger brother of a UM commit who's been pretty **** solid for the better part of two years.

What I'm getting at here goes back to the idea that Manny & co. have been trying to bring some value back to the word "commitment" and requiring our commits to shut it down once they give the verbal. COVID has likely played a factor, as we usually get multiple commitments at Paradise/underclassment days... But not taking commitments from sophomores (and freshman) and encouraging them to go through their recruitment before shutting it down is a strategy I think most on this board have been preaching for some time. I'm hopeful that we are seeing this take shape long-term

Advertisement

Says that if he had to make a decision now it would be the place he's most familiar with.

His whole family graduated from Miami, Dad (obviously), Mom & older brother.

Also says the coaches tell him he's a top priority & they want him to play whatever position he wants, it'll be his choice.

The only problem is, he says he wants to wait until the season to make his decision. Someone ought to tell him, we won't have any room by then. Pull the trigger now son, before your spot gets taken.

Last edited:

Says that if he had to make a decision now it would be the place he's most familiar with.

His whole family graduated from Miami, Dad (obviously, Mom & older brother).

Also says the coaches tell him he's a top priority & they want him to play whatever position he wants, it'll be his choice.

The only problem is, he says he wants to wait until the season to make his decision. Someone ought to tell him, we wonder have any room by then. Pull the trigger now son, before your spot gets taken.

Sounds positive. We need this kid. Stud

The only problem is, he says he wants to wait until the season to make his decision. Someone ought to tell him, we wonder have any room by then. Pull the trigger now son, before your spot gets taken.

I will guarantee you multiple people are telling him exactly that. Staff and family/coaches.

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement
Sounds positive. We need this kid. Stud
Sounds like he is about to get left behind. A legacy saying if I commit it's the place I'm most comfortable? Us by default. This class is filling up fast. You want in , you got to claim your spot. Staff has told him he can pick.. but if Davies, lewis or Sapp pop , and he loses out, it is what it is.

Advertisement
We only have 6 spots left , something has to give. I’m not sweating chase , Lewis , Collins , Yuk or anyone else. I know we’ll be getting six ballers and that’s all that matters. Somebody’s going to be left out , it’s just gotta be that way. That’s how it is when you have a really good class.

So save me the tears because the guy you want might be left out. It’s going to be a really good class, lose the yoga pants and put on your big boy pants.

Chase Smith is not dumb. He doesn't really want to wait until the end of his season.....

What else is he going to say in an interview tho?

We only have 6 spots left , something has to give. I’m not sweating chase , Lewis , Collins , Yuk or anyone else. I know we’ll be getting six ballers and that’s all that matters. Somebody’s going to be left out , it’s just gotta be that way. That’s how it is when you have a really good class.

So save me the tears because the guy you want might be left out. It’s going to be a really good class, lose the yoga pants and put on your big boy pants.

At this point... All I care about really is landing Leonard Taylor as priority #1 and Marshall as 1a... anything on top of that is gravy. If Marshall does not pop get Divaad Wilson who is a stud and the rest of the class will fall in place anyways.

Advertisement
Back