2021 WR Chase Smith receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6'4 185lbs 3-star ATH out of Palm Bay goes to 6A school Bayside

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Is a versatile dynamic athlete that plays WR/S/LB, had a great Junior season with 50rec 716yds 8TD's on offense & 72tcks 18TFL's 4INT's 4 sacks & 4 Defensive TD's.

Big body WR with great hands & very good route running, understands how to stack defenders, high points the ball & can stretch the field. Is good enough to play both sides of the ball, as a LB is a very good Sam Backer that gets after the ball carrier with sideline to sideline speed & very good tackler.

Holds offers from Oklahoma, Kentucky, Nebraska & Pitt

Advertisement
I coach linebackers for the all gold team in his highlights. We had to make sure we knew where he was at all times he’s their best player he gait a few plays on us, but I watched a lot of footage of him and with all that said he still got off on us a little. Great athlete needs to do a better job being involved when he knows the plays not coming to him and work on his blocking. Would be a nice get for the U

Advertisement
I coach linebackers for the all gold team in his highlights. We had to make sure we knew where he was at all times he’s their best player he gait a few plays on us, but I watched a lot of footage of him and with all that said he still got off on us a little. Great athlete needs to do a better job being involved when he knows the plays not coming to him and work on his blocking. Would be a nice get for the U
Appreciate the insight.

6'4 185lbs 3-star ATH out of Palm Bay goes to 6A school Bayside

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Is a versatile dynamic athlete that plays WR/S/LB, had a great Junior season with 50rec 716yds 8TD's on offense & 72tcks 18TFL's 4INT's 4 sacks & 4 Defensive TD's.

Big body WR with great hands & very good route running, understands how to stack defenders, high points the ball & can stretch the field. Is good enough to play both sides of the ball, as a LB is a very good Sam Backer that gets after the ball carrier with sideline to sideline speed & very good tackler.

Holds offers from Oklahoma, Kentucky, Nebraska & Pitt

Didn't the one LB under Shannon committed to Uif then came back to Miami.. might be the last dude we got out of Palm Bay

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Chase is also a Canes legacy, his dad Willie Smith played TE for Miami for Jimmy Johnson.
And left UM under particularly bitter circumstances as Jimmy tried to keep Willie from leaving early for the NFL. Jimmy allegedly threatened Willie by saying "don't forget that little problem you had here," an apparent reference to a failed drug test.

Willie left anyway and, as I recall, went undrafted despite being an All- American. It probably had little to do with a drug test. Willie was an excellent receiving TE but was very small for a TE, around 6'1", 210 lbs. A converted WR from Jacksonville.

This was after the '85 season, as I recall.

Last edited:
Ramon buchanon aka cookie
Different school in palm Bay I think. Cookie's school was a powerhouse for a while. We tried to recruit there but most kids went to UF. I remember Larry Coker doing an 8 hour in-home at Joe Cohen's house. Still Cohen went to UF but did not become elite in college. There was a safety whose name I can't remember but he had a very good career including I think in the pros. I think they all went to the same school in Palm Bay as Ramon. I believe it's different from Chase Smith's school.

Interesting how schools move up and down in their role as powers. Palm Bay was a powerhouse for a while, maybe not now.

There were times when Vero was, the Pensacola schools, and then they kind of drop down. I'm talking about going back into the '80's.

I believe the urban and suburban schools in South Florida tend to be more consistently good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back