2021 WR Chase Smith receives offer

No agenda. I want to win and you win many games with a game breaker like Chase.
So what's the staff supposed to do if he wants to string it out, kidnap him, forge his signature and pull a Jon Colon?

If the NCAA loosens the ICs as Cribby's suggesting that removes the urgency for a early commit to save his spot. All they can do is keep recruiting him ... or get JW on the case.

Advertisement
1. Maybe he isn't ready to commit

2. Maybe he's a silent but isn't ready to annouce

3. Maybe he's a silent but the staff wants to strategically time his announcement

4. Maybe the staff doesn't think he's as good as the dog catchers, accountants, and TV repairmen on this site do. He has a good offer list, but its not exceptional.

Let's just enjoy the ride.
Do TV repairmen even exist anymore?

Most OGs will agree. Chase is a bonafide stud that could excel at 3 different positions on both sides of the ball.

Forget that he even is a legacy with an all American father who played here.

He would instantly be the second best player defensively/offensively if he were to commit.

You take this kid regardless of Marshall / Collier and whoever else.
Negative your definitely reaching! Defense- gr15, roche, hall, bolden, blades, nope not even top 5! offense- king,jordan, payton, chaney, rooster! Nope not top5 on offense either!

Advertisement
Plus theses guys are in college! better training, facilities, s&c, and practicing against better comp compared to what smith is going against in high school!

There definitely looks like something is trying to be worked out by the ncaa to give 3-5 spots or getting the programs to 85. There’s talks going on.

If so I’d expect chase and Alexis to have spots if they want in. I’ve posted Smith was the last receiver unless brooks wants in, I’d say Alexis has the same opportunity. (@Shinyheadman)

Five could happen.

This could explain why you keep seeing names popping up while the class looks to be almost full.
Thanks for the update bud.

Thanks. Makes sense. What's your opinion on Brooks in terms of him possibly wanting in? Is there legit interest on his end?

There’s been talks since covid and he was having second thoughts about leaving but I have no idea how serious he is/was. I’d be just as thrilled will Alexis. Hopefully he starts rethinking things.

Advertisement
FWIW....

Another Miami prediction on Rivals for him today; not shown in pic below, but on their dashboard for Miami. Shodell, who's a Miami publisher. Rivals is Rivals. I'm just hopeful that eventually is in our list. He and Williams are unicorns. We need that kind of special.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 1.13.38 PM.png

He has a spot if he wants in.....
Well, here's to him pulling the trigger and joining the class. Do you know who might be our biggest competition? I've heard several times he's a quiet kid and his recruitment has not been public. Hard to get a read. He may be quiet, but his play, HUDL highlights at least, are LOUD!

Well, here's to him pulling the trigger and joining the class. Do you know who might be our biggest competition? I've heard several times he's a quiet kid and his recruitment has not been public. Hard to get a read. He may be quiet, but his play, HUDL highlights at least, are LOUD!

I haven’t heard anyone but Auburn but his recruitment is very private. As of now he has a spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back