2021 QB Jalen Milroe

Advertisement
Very relaxed. Probably too much so to be honest. But tip of the cap for the good troll

in all seriousness (as recruiting can be), hes likely gonna go to USC. i dont see him flipping if he hasnt done it yet and not visiting campus isnt an excuse for him

I respect your opinion, but if he was so big on the U then why not choose some school in Florida instead of Georgia?? I just dont share your enthusiasm on this topic. Too close to FSU, UGA, GA TECH, AUBURN and USCe.
He has family in Georgia.

Probably nicer to stay with family than a hotel.

in all seriousness (as recruiting can be), hes likely gonna go to USC. i dont see him flipping if he hasnt done it yet and not visiting campus isnt an excuse for him

Agreed. I dont see him flipping, but the madness of this recruiting cycle and Lashlee's efforts at least give me a glimmer of hope.

Advertisement
And there he goes....

Garcia or nothing. Has the Preston Stone ship sailed?
I have no insider insight on whether the Stone ship has necessarily sailed on UM, but his family ties to SMU and Coach Dykes would make him a really tough flip, especially to any school that isn't Texas. I would guess Milroe flipping from Texas might have them circling back hard to Stone, who had been recruiting him hard and making progress before Milroe committed to them last year. They were one of the finalists when he picked SMU, and I get the sense Stone wants to stay in state.

Also, he's probably further down their list, but it's possible Milroe's decommit gets Texas to give Braylon Braxton a real look, too. He's yet another Texas QB I think Miami should pursue.

Things are really shaken up right now in college football, and the waffling on the fall season has some kids seriously rethinking their decisions. If there is a season, and Miami shows out, I still think some other options at QB will open up (assuming Garcia doesn't just pull the trigger and flip soon).

While this is true, it opens up his playbook much more when he has a true dual threat.(taking auburn track record into account) Buechele did have strong season tho
There’s usually a trade off tho. It opens up the playbook as far as the different things you can do in the run game but a lot of dual guys aren’t accurate either so they can’t take the shots buechele did. Hard to find QB’s who can hurt you both ways

I have no insider insight on whether the Stone ship has necessarily sailed on UM, but his family ties to SMU and Coach Dykes would make him a really tough flip, especially to any school that isn't Texas. I would guess Milroe flipping from Texas might have them circling back hard to Stone, who had been recruiting him hard and making progress before Milroe committed to them last year. They were one of the finalists when he picked SMU, and I get the sense Stone wants to stay in state.

Also, he's probably further down their list, but it's possible Milroe's decommit gets Texas to give Braylon Braxton a real look, too. He's yet another Texas QB I think Miami should pursue.

Things are really shaken up right now in college football, and the waffling on the fall season has some kids seriously rethinking their decisions. If there is a season, and Miami shows out, I still think some other options at QB will open up (assuming Garcia doesn't just pull the trigger and flip soon).
Braylon Braxton came down to Houston to workout for a few weeks at the footwork Kings (Justin Allen brother of former Clemson TE Dwayne) gym and I got to meet him. I asked him a little about why his recruitment isn’t where you would think it would be based upon his skill level and he said clear as day he hasn’t been on the camp circuit much and his high school coaches don’t really do him any favors. He pretty much is sending his own film to people. Since then he’s gotten connected with some Houston handlers so some bigger offers will come. My family has had some dealings with Coach likens my dad has sent him his film

Braylon Braxton came down to Houston to workout for a few weeks at the footwork Kings (Justin Allen brother of former Clemson TE Dwayne) gym and I got to meet him. I asked him a little about why his recruitment isn’t where you would think it would be based upon his skill level and he said clear as day he hasn’t been on the camp circuit much and his high school coaches don’t really do him any favors. He pretty much is sending his own film to people. Since then he’s gotten connected with some Houston handlers so some bigger offers will come. My family has had some dealings with Coach likens my dad has sent him his film
Good looking out by your old man! He's the sort of kid that you just know would be blowing up right now if high school teams had been gearing up this spring and camps/7v7 were in full swing. My understanding is HS football in Houston in still on for September, so hopefully he gets his chance to impress.

Advertisement
Good looking out by your old man! He's the sort of kid that you just know would be blowing up right now if high school teams had been gearing up this spring and camps/7v7 were in full swing. My understanding is HS football in Houston in still on for September, so hopefully he gets his chance to impress.
He plays for independence in Frisco which is out in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. I’m not sure if they’re still playing. He came out to Houston because he was attempting to come and play in the cypress district but I’m not sure how that went. I know cy fair ISD is real big on the transfer rules. They get poached by Katy all the time. Katy is the closest thing to IMG academy Texas has. Lol

Kevin+Bacon.gif

I've been on the Braylon Braxton train for a while now. If we can't get Garcia, I'd have zero issue offering Braylon.

Based off his film and his production last year, I have no doubt that if we would've had a normal summer of camps, he'd have double digit P5 offers. Kid can sling it!

Advertisement
I've been on the Braylon Braxton train for a while now. If we can't get Garcia, I'd have zero issue offering Braylon.

Based off his film and his production last year, I have no doubt that if we would've had a normal summer of camps, he'd have double digit P5 offers. Kid can sling it!
Me too!

We have to be realistic and at the same time optimistic. Realistic that certain players and certain positions are being chased by schools and head coaches that have proven results the last few years.
Pulling a player like Milroe from Texas is a difficult proposition but it likely had more to do with him preferring to play at bama than Texas.
Saban will bring in another top rated qb next year so he’ll have to compete to be qb2 for at least one more year.
Let’s be Optimistic about the players we’ve landed and what we’ve been hearing.
Also I want to share what I was texted after the scrimmage.
“Any kid from south Florida that doesn’t want to play for this team needs to have their head examined”. That seemed to be the overall sentiment from those watching. Now idk who was there. So that quote could’ve been from the water boy or a former coach or some lawn maintenance guru. Even though this person hasn’t been on staff for over 20 years (was not a player or a coach) he knows some people that remain very close to the program. He never texts me anything about recruiting or the off season so I was surprise he told me about this.
I’m always the first one to complain about he said she said “insider info” with no names attached to the information so I’m sorry to be doing the same vague *** sht

But if this is true and the results show on the field there will be players that regret the decision they made with other teams and there will be players that will be wanting to transfer here.
That doesn’t mean we are flipping kids but it does improve our position for kids we want this year.

Advertisement
I respect your opinion, but if he was so big on the U then why not choose some school in Florida instead of Georgia?? I just dont share your enthusiasm on this topic. Too close to FSU, UGA, GA TECH, AUBURN and USCe.
You do realize that literally every single one of those schools already has a QB committed right?

And what enthusiasm are you talking about? I've said repeatedly I don't think we'll actually get Garcia, but IF he were to flip to anywhere the logical choice would be Miami because he would be the only QB in our class, every other school you're illogical mentioning already has a QB in their class, which would make no sense to commit to them.

And the reason why he transferred to a school in Georgia is because he has family there.

UGA has JT Daniels who just transferred with 2 years of eligibility left, they signed Carson Beck in the 2020 class & have Brock Vandagriff committed for the 21 class.

Not only is UGA not even recruiting Garcia, but he's not interested in playing there either.

He's most likely sticking with USC or if he decides to flip it will be to Miami.
I live in Alabama. That kid has no idea the scrutiny he's going to receive playing there. Black QB's playing in Tuscaloosa have to come out the gate playing like an All-Pro. They talked **** about Jalen like he was terrible. It may work out for him, but horrible choice in my opinion.

I live in Alabama. That kid has no idea the scrutiny he's going to receive playing there. Black QB's playing in Tuscaloosa have to come out the gate playing like an All-Pro. They talked **** about Jalen like he was terrible. It may work out for him, but horrible choice in my opinion.

Hurts was basically a running back at QB early in his career, but I feel you. He probably got less leeway

Advertisement
Back