2021 QB Jalen Milroe

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Milroe-46050317/

6'1 1/2 195lbs 4-star QB out of Katy TX, goes to 6A school Tompkins.

Had a good Junior season with 2,689yds 29TD's & 8INT's plus 378yds & 8TD's rushing. Was named 6A MVP & first team All-District.

Talented true dual threat with a nice arm, delivers the ball with great velocity throws straight bullets, has a big arm & throws well on the run. Doesn't have an amazing cannon, but he can definitely connect on the Deep ball 60yds down the field. Is equally as dangerous as a runner with a 4.64 40 & 4.38 shuttle, he can definitely take off for big gains when the pocket breaks down but is not a run first QB. Fits in the uptempo offense & can run the Read option element that we'll be seeing with King.

Reminds me of Trevone Boykin another dual threat TX QB who played well at TCU and lead them to a 12-1 season his Junior year & 11-2 his Senior year. Milroe has better arm talent & higher upside though.

Committed to Texas back in July of 2019, but they are some rumblings he could end up re opening his recruitment due to UT recruiting other QB's they may like more than him & him being heavily recruited by several other top programs.

Holds offers from Texas, TAMU, Baylor, Bama, Ole Miss, Oregon, UF, FSU, Arkansas, Arizona, Va Tech, UVA, Duke, Utah St & Houston.

Advertisement

If you're wondering why I'm posting him, it's because of this recent update about us apparently contacting Milroe even though we haven't offered him yet.

Where this account got their info from IDK, but I'm assuming it's from whatever Ivins update was.

While the latest intel continues to suggest that all four of those quarterbacks remain in play, a trusted source said Thursday that they aren't the only signal callers Rhett Lashlee is after, as the offensive coordinator has also been keeping tabs on Katy (Texas) Tompkins Top247 quarterback Jalen Milroe.

Milroe, who threw for 2,689 yards and 29 touchdowns this past season, is currently committed to Texas.

It's unclear at the moment if the Hurricanes have actually offered Milore a scholarship, but Lashlee has apparently known the dual-threat talent threat for a couple of years now and that has some thinking that Milroe could give Miami a look if something were to happen with the Longhorns which is certainly possible seeing as how UT has made it clear that it wants to take a second quarterback this cycle--possibly Nussmeier, who plans to visit Austin soon.

Advertisement
Who died and made you Mr Texas qb guru? Every time I turn around I see you posting a new Texas qb. I can’t keep up.
8 NFL starters from TX & bunch others in college.

With the success of Mahomes the trend is simple, all the major programs are raiding Tejas looking for a gunslinger.

And the 21 class is particularly loaded with QB's from Texas, but I've always followed Texas HS football we just haven't recently really until now when Lashlee got here started to recruit down there as much as we should.

I've been saying for the last 3 years we need to be in TX recruiting & offering QB's every single class. Idk why people are just now noticing...

It's funny though, I'm the guy that people think is overly biased towards South Fla, but I actually post more OOS prospects than anyone on the board, can't win for losing lol.

Milroe is special, much more physically talented than Davis but either one would be home runs for our style. I went to Texas’ site to try to find any rumblings about Milroe potentially leaving and didn’t see anything.

I think I still like Nussmeier over them both because I just think he is the epitome of a gunslinger and his arm is ridiculous but sounds like he already knows where he is going. Get Milroe and Davis on campus ASAP and have them spend some time with QB1...

While the latest intel continues to suggest that all four of those quarterbacks remain in play, a trusted source said Thursday that they aren't the only signal callers Rhett Lashlee is after, as the offensive coordinator has also been keeping tabs on Katy (Texas) Tompkins Top247 quarterback Jalen Milroe.

Milroe, who threw for 2,689 yards and 29 touchdowns this past season, is currently committed to Texas.

It's unclear at the moment if the Hurricanes have actually offered Milore a scholarship, but Lashlee has apparently known the dual-threat talent threat for a couple of years now and that has some thinking that Milroe could give Miami a look if something were to happen with the Longhorns which is certainly possible seeing as how UT has made it clear that it wants to take a second quarterback this cycle--possibly Nussmeier, who plans to visit Austin soon.
There you go, thanks for posting the update fam.

Advertisement
8 NFL starters from TX & bunch others in college.

With the success of Mahomes the trend is simple, all the major programs are raiding Tejas looking for a gunslinger.

And the 21 class is particularly loaded with QB's from Texas, but I've always followed Texas HS football we just haven't recently really until now when Lashlee got here started to recruit down there as much as we should.

I've been saying for the last 3 years we need to be in TX recruiting & offering QB's every single class. Idk why people are just now noticing...

It's funny though, I'm the guy that people think is overly biased towards South Fla, but I actually post more OOS prospects than anyone on the board, can't win for losing lol.

Texas has always been a hotbed for qbs , ridiculous amount of studs there. I’ve never understood why we didn’t hit that state harder. The only recent guy was Dewey, and I never got that from his film , stats.

Milroe is special, much more physically talented than Davis but either one would be home runs for our style. I went to Texas’ site to try to find any rumblings about Milroe potentially leaving and didn’t see anything.

I think I still like Nussmeier over them both because I just think he is the epitome of a gunslinger and his arm is ridiculous but sounds like he already knows where he is going. Get Milroe and Davis on campus ASAP and have them spend some time with QB1...
Dematrius Davis is a D'Eriq King clone, no way in **** that kid stays committed to Va Tech all year & Milroe is a Jalen Hurts/Boykin style QB, I hope we stay on both of them all the way til NSD Dec, both could become available at some point this year & with Lashlee running this offense if they see King have success with us we'll be able to get one of'em I'm certain.

I'd still like to see us offer Sawyer Robertson, Kyron Drones & Kaidon Salter. I'd take any one of these kids over Aaron McLaughlin. Really hope we don't settle for him, but I think Lash is smart & knows he's not the best we can do.

I like Nussmeier too, but out of all the TX QB's in this class he seems like one that will either go to LSU or UT, especially with his dad being rehired as QB's coach with the Cowboys I doubt he wants to play college ball down in Miami.

Advertisement
I've been waiting for Salter's offer too. Makes sense to offer him - he's starting to get a lot of attention.

I agree about Davis. No way he stays with Va Tech

Clemson is bringing Drones in the last weekend of March. Haven't offered him yet but probably will that weekend.

Advertisement
Plenty of qb’s have put yards and td’s all over the country from g5 to the LSU with a spread offense.
Lashlee knows what will work for him. But we’re definitely looking at places we haven’t been to and at qb’s our previous coaches would never contact.
Refreshing to say the least.

University of Miami quarterbacks that have won a National Championship;

Vinny Testaverde (1/1)
Steve Walsh (1/1) supplemental
Craig Erickson (5/131)
Gino Torreta (7/192)
Ken Dorsey (7/241)

Advertisement
Back