2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Advertisement
That’s what I thought;
So let’s put this in perspective:
We had a FG kicker(s) who were inaccurate as fck, a kick returns suck @$&, and why do we need a coach for “striker?” That should fall under either the LB coach or the S coach. This is my problem; Diaz is just making up chit to keep this guy employed. He doesn’t recruit well, and he’s a **** poor coach. Our striker position took a huge step back this yr as they were often out of position.

WHY IS HE HERE!?!
Exactly - strikers can learn how to play in coverage by working with DB’s, and learn LOS play by being with the “inside linebackers” (which is actually the WLB and MLB). Using up part of the practice field for the 2-3 strikers we have is a waste of space, time, and coach.

Patke is a really high energy guy who is a positive reinforcement type of coach (which was what was best for Finley and why we got the most out of him, and what they hope happens with Frierson).

That being said, he is kept around because he is a yes man for Diaz and Banda, and takes orders well.
AKA WHAT A GRAD ASSISTANT DOES.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon had a #1 ranked class in 08 & Al Folden even had a top 10 class in 2012 & back to back top 15 classes in 2013 & 14.

Class rankings only mean something if you're a good evaluator & actually do something with the talent you get.

As usual, you just get it. Richt also had a Top 10 class and look what it has done for us. Much like the Offense last year, Díaz is going to have to make tough decisions on the Defensive side of the ball come December. Baker, Patke, and Banda aren’t going to beat the Clemson’s of the world. It’s amateur hour.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This thread has become mope 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Objectively looking at past performance and criticizing based off of it does not make someone a mope. I think everyone hopes that this season is a polar opposite of last year and Manny keeps improving. But not keeping your head shoved up Blake James’s *** and pretending like our recruiting and coaching have been anywhere close to acceptable does not make someone a complainer.

These are grown men making mid 6 figures to 7 figures in a very public field. Criticism is fair and comes with the territory. Candidly, I think you and people like you making excuses for this bull**** and mediocrity are just as responsible for Manny for this program’s current state. You are a disgrace to this school.

Objectively looking at past performance and criticizing based off of it does not make someone a mope. I think everyone hopes that this season is a polar opposite of last year and Manny keeps improving. But not keeping your head shoved up Blake James’s *** and pretending like our recruiting and coaching have been anywhere close to acceptable does not make someone a complainer.

These are grown men making mid 6 figures to 7 figures in a very public field. Criticism is fair and comes with the territory. Candidly, I think you and people like you making excuses for this bull**** and mediocrity are just as responsible for Manny for this program’s current state. You are a disgrace to this school.

We just received a commit from a 4 Star TE and the thread got 23 comments.

We lose a kid and it's 431 posts and counting about how everything is hopeless and people need to be fired. You idiotic mopes crawl out of the woodwork every chance you get to **** all over everything, all it takes is one de-commit or a kid picking another school.

So I'll just chuckle at your ridiculous disgrace judgments cause you don't know a ******* thing about who I am and what a "real" Canes fan is.

We got huff brooks and cave. My boys son was a top recruit nationally last year and camped with cave and said at times he looked like the best kid there and he’s fast

That’s homer talk. Brooks never played standing up in high school and is raw as ****.

Huff is the only real physically legit LB prospect we recruited.

You named 3 guys in 5 recruiting cycles. One is a project and one is a reach.

Advertisement
That’s homer talk. Brooks never played standing up in high school and is raw as ****.

Huff is the only real physically legit LB prospect we recruited.

You named 3 guys in 5 recruiting cycles. One is a project and one is a reach.
Who’s the reach?

We just received a commit from a 4 Star TE and the thread got 23 comments.

We lose a kid and it's 431 posts and counting about how everything is hopeless and people need to be fired. You idiotic mopes crawl out of the woodwork every chance you get to **** all over everything, all it takes is one de-commit or a kid picking another school.

So I'll just chuckle at your ridiculous disgrace judgments cause you don't know a ******* thing about who I am and what a "real" Canes fan is.
1) The above is human nature. Short of long conversations about how any commit is going to be used (like Knighton), those threads are not going to be long.

2) Tight end has never been a concern, nor has Field as a coach. He has done his job well and is not polarizing. So there are not the side conversations that spawn out of the initial topic.

3) Based on one and two you have removed any context and removed any form of critical thinking. The world is not black and white, and context and history matter significantly.

4) That is simply not true that people ***** over every decommit or guy that goes elsewhere. You did not see people *****ing over Jacorey Brooks. You do not see people *****ing about QB recruiting. You don’t even really see people *****ing about missing Taylor or Marshall out of Palmetto. So no, people don’t ***** and moan over every guy that commits elsewhere. They do ***** when there is something fair to criticize and cause for concern. We do not have a single proven LB on the roster and our LB coach has shown no ability to develop them.

5) You keep saying give Diaz time, they need more time to establish themselves, they need 4 full years, etc. Aside from the fact that that is just an antiquated philosophy, Diaz has been here for five years with full control of the defensive recruiting. The same issues that we are seeing with Hood and both LB/CB recruiting this year have been a recurring theme that Diaz has shown no desire to fix. He has been happy to push blame on the offensive coaches (IMO to an inappropriate degree which functioned to splinter the locker room last year) but has shown zero willingness to be introspective and improve on his crew of yes men. Patke simply has no business being on this staff.

The issue is not Hood in isolation, especially not in May, but we have consistently struck out on top targets at the position and failed to have backup options. At a certain point it becomes a trend. That goes for CB too, but at least Rumph is a somewhat better teacher and has landed some of those guys at the end of the cycle.

6) I couldn’t care less about who you are. I see someone who has seen this program squirt diarrhea down it’s leg for 15 years and now accepts a solid **** as an accomplishment and something to hang their hat on.

Advertisement
Can't be missing out on kids to that kind of behaviour. Sad
Exactly. That corny staph 1,000 miles away that isn’t winning either just pulled a kid from our area that we identified early and recruited a good deal longer... and his mother is an alum. Even if the kid flips, this shouldn’t happen.

Advertisement
Back