2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

6'1 212lbs 3-star LB out of West Palm Beach, goes to 3A school Cardinal Newman

Had a great Junior season with 115tcks 25TFL's 7 sacks & pick 6 INT.

He originally started out as a RB his Freshman year, but moved to LB, he's got very good instincts, plays with aggression, 4.6 speed & high football IQ. Diagnoses well & attacks the ball carrier, is built like tank, big strong kid that isn't stiff for his size & can drop back in coverage as well.

Is the Captain of that Cardinal Newman Defense & brings the hammer as a tackler, total thumper. Fits perfect in our system at Mike LB. And from what I know is actually high on Miami.

Holds offers from USF, Wash St, Central Michigan & FIU.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Had a great Jumior season with 115tcks 25TFL's 7 sacks & pick 6 INT.

He originally started out as a RB his Freshman year, but moved to LB, he's got very good instincts, plays with aggression, 4.6 speed & high football IQ. Diagnoses well & attacks the ball carrier, is built like tank, big strong kid that isn't stiff for his size & can drop back in coverage as well.

Is the Captain of that Cardinal Newman Defense & brings the hammer as a tackler, total thumper. Fits perfect in our system at Mike LB. And from what I know is actually high on Miami.

Not sure if you remember this name or not but he reminds me a little bit of Buster Davis from Mainland in his running style. Kind of slides his feet across the ground a lot. Looks like a decent prospect, biggest thing that stands out is the force he brings when he hits some one. Do you think he is a plan A or plan B type of kid? I know I know, with this staff whats the difference right?

Not sure if you remember this name or not but he reminds me a little bit of Buster Davis from Mainland in his running style. Kind of slides his feet across the ground a lot. Looks like a decent prospect, biggest thing that stands out is the force he brings when he hits some one. Do you think he is a plan A or plan B type of kid? I know I know, with this staff whats the difference right?
Of course I remember, he was a Nole when I was in High school.

This kid is much taller than Buster, but I get the reference.

Idk whether he's a plan A or not, but I do know he likes Miami a lot & we could get him if we wanted him.

The 21 LB class is super deep, there's lots of prospects, so who knows what this staff wants or is looking for lol.

I just wish we had a legit LB coach that could actually land some of these kids.

Idk whether he's a plan A or not, but I do know he likes Miami a lot & we could get him if we wanted him.

The 21 LB class is super deep, there's lots of prospects, so who knows what this staff wants or is looking for lol.

I just wish we had a legit LB coach that could actually land some of these kids.

Yea, he definitely has a lot of tools to work with from those clips. Seems very decisive on his reads which always bothered me with Shaq and Mike. They half stepped a lot. And yes hes very much taller than Buster lol.

Film reminds me of Michael Pinkney hs high light tape. Young man will probably add another 10-15 lbs before he gets to college which will make him a total stud coming in as a freshman. Looks like a take to me all day long. Dont over think this one coaches just get him committed and keep him committed. He would make for a great start at the lb position.

Advertisement

Had a great Junior season with 115tcks 25TFL's 7 sacks & pick 6 INT.

Besides that athletic ability, i like that 3.7 gpa. Done with DoDos.

Advertisement

which coach does this kid have a relationship with?

Advertisement

Hearing that name Buster Davis just gives me terrible flashbacks. My first UM game was 06 vs FSU, I was a sophomore in HS and Buster Davis and Eugene Hayes were literally all over the field. I barely knew who tf they were before that game but I swear it felt like Davis had 21 TFLs in that game alone, lol.

Advertisement
Hearing that name Buster Davis just gives me terrible flashbacks. My first UM game was 06 vs FSU, I was a sophomore in HS and Buster Davis and Eugene Hayes were literally all over the field. I barely knew who tf they were before that game but I swear it felt like Davis had 21 TFLs in that game alone, lol.

I played against Buster in HS. He could def play, he was a grinder man. Very undersized but diagnosed plays well, and had underrated athleticism. Really just a football player. Crazy thing is him and his cousins all grew up Cane fans.

Advertisement
Back