2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Advertisement
Because most STA kids are clout chasing front runners.

They transfer their from other Broward, Palm Beach & Northern Dade schools to get more offers & recognition & they hop on whichever bandwagon is riding at the time.

It's the AAU Kevin Durant to the Warriors type mentality, they all just wanna play for whatever team seems the hottest, they don't wanna blaze their own pathway, they like most kids today just don't have a mind of their own.

That's a part of Football culture now, they wanna play for winners & will take the easiest path to get their, its one of the main reasons they transfer to STA in the first place because they're guaranteed to win a State title playing for basically a tri-county All-Star team.

I agree. its some more schools that we dont have to name. For me it all started when lebron went to the heat. It made it cool to team up with the best players!

Advertisement
separately, again, i personally like some of the evaluations at LB. if brooks, huff, TAC stay healthy, i think we will be just fine with them at LB. i won't argue that we could recruit better there, but ppl also need to understand positional value in today's football. the real question on defense is whether we will have the horses on DL and at DB. we're stacking guys at DE and S, but need more studs at DT and CB. all of this energy is how ppl should feel about leonard taylor. those are the game changers.

On paper, I agree w u. However, I’m not sure what our identity on defense is. Brooks, to me, is more of a rush end like a Khalil Mack as opposed to a LB in the type of scheme we play. Huff & TAC seem prototypical for what we want to run. We have a lot to be desired in the LB room:
Steed (injuries)
Jennings (injuries)
Flagg (injuries)
Ragone (JAG)
Joyner (injuries)
McCloud
Huff
TAC

Advertisement
Striker and special teams I believe

That’s what I thought;
So let’s put this in perspective:
We had a FG kicker(s) who were inaccurate as fck, a kick return game that sucked @$&, and why do we need a coach for “striker?” That should fall under either the LB coach or the S coach. This is my problem; Diaz is just making up chit to keep this guy employed. He doesn’t recruit well, and he’s a **** poor coach. Our striker position took a huge step back this yr as they were often out of position.

WHY IS HE HERE!?!

Last edited:
Just Committed to Michigan. Long way till signing day and we should try and flip him. Bad look for the staff though on the defensive side, need to do better.
They recruited him hard.. not sure what else they could do. Dude obviously wants to get out of the South and try something new.

Advertisement
That’s what I thought;
So let’s put this in perspective:
We had a FG kicker(s) who were inaccurate as fck, a kick returns suck @$&, and why do we need a coach for “striker?” That should fall under either the LB coach or the S coach. This is my problem; Diaz is just making up chit to keep this guy employed. He doesn’t recruit well, and he’s a **** poor coach. Our striker position took a huge step back this yr as they were often out of position.

WHY IS HE HERE!?!

It would be great if we actually had legit local media to ask the tough questions like this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back