2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Randy Shannon had a #1 ranked class in 08 & Al Folden even had a top 10 class in 2012 & back to back top 15 classes in 2013 & 14.

Class rankings only mean something if you're a good evaluator & actually do something with the talent you get.
Miami was still a national brand in 08-12 though. We're now 15 years removed from being a powerhouse. In my opinion this recruiting/transfer job this staff has done is the best in the last 20 years given the circumstances

Advertisement
Patke is trash & there's no two ways about it.

His X's & O's acumen is minimal, he's not some Defensive Guru, he's an OLB's/Striker & ST's coach, which means he coaches two positions that don't require a lot of extensive detail or heavy input. Basically, he's at a spot where being a guru isn't necessary therefore, he should be an excellent recruiter & he's neither.

We don't need to wait a couple of cycles of him failing consecutively before the lightbulb goes off that he needs to be replaced, he should've already been replaced for his failures last year.

We have essentially 3 LB's Coaches & between the 3 of them can't sell Miami to LB's despite being one of the most prestigious LB factories in college football history. Even on our downslope we still got backers currently in the league & our LB's coaches still can't figure out how to land 3 quality LB's in a class that aren't stifled with injuries.

Regardless of how he is as a person, he ain't doing his job as a recruiter & for no other reason than he's one of Manuelito's protégés he keeps his job. Both Patke & Baker are from Texas & coached at LA Tech, yet neither one of them have any pull in those regions & can't recruit South FL either, so what exactly are they doing?
Patke is here until some small school offers him dc

my problem with manny is he’s great at adjustments. Problem is we get caught off Guard at start of games. It’s likehe can’t prepare at an elite level but he can make adjustments at one

Its early on and this recruiting cycle is going to be odd because of COVID. Interested to see what happens when visits are allowed. Must flip this guy.

Its early on and this recruiting cycle is going to be odd because of COVID. Interested to see what happens when visits are allowed. Must flip this guy.
Exactly. Not understanding the doom and gloom assuming this kid commits to Michigan. Keep recruiting the kid. There is going to be a ton of shuffling these next 6 months.

Advertisement
I can GUARANTEE he will decommit at some point if he actually commits to michigan today. It's obvious he's being forced to rush his commitment. He's only doing it as a place holder. We're still in the game fellas.

Canes going to push for Deshawn Troutman now and he's supposedly will commit if given the Green light
They should have been pushing for him anyway. They need to realize how bad they are at slow playing kids and make it a first to commit type offer. Imo he is not a plan B type kid.

Exactly. Not understanding the doom and gloom assuming this kid commits to Michigan. Keep recruiting the kid. There is going to be a ton of shuffling these next 6 months.

I mean not a great start, but plenty of time. I keep on forgetting it's still May haha. Patke sucks though.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon had a #1 ranked class in 08 & Al Folden even had a top 10 class in 2012 & back to back top 15 classes in 2013 & 14.

Class rankings only mean something if you're a good evaluator & actually do something with the talent you get.

Class ranking really has nothing to do with how they develop them when they get to campus.

That’s a completely different discussion.

Class ranking really has nothing to do with how they develop them when they get to campus.

That’s a completely different discussion.
But it all comes back to the coaches. This isn’t the NFL where the scouting and coaching are bifurcated. It all comes back to the coaches. If Shaq and Pinckney were so athletically limited, then it is on Patke and Diaz for not recruiting more athletic guys in the last 4-5 years to replace them. If there are talented players that they recruited but are not developing them, then that too is on Patke and Diaz.

But it all comes back to the coaches. This isn’t the NFL where the scouting and coaching are bifurcated. It all comes back to the coaches. If Shaq and Pinckney were so athletically limited, then it is on Patke and Diaz for not recruiting more athletic guys in the last 4-5 years to replace them. If there are talented players that they recruited but are not developing them, then that too is on Patke and Diaz.
not recruiting more athletic? Joyner and steed were well regarded and got hurt. Wilder broke his neck. BJ was a richt take.
Huff , Brooks, and Cave are more athletic. Greene was more athletic but his mom wouldnt let him come here.
You know, we bash them based on shaq and pickney but they did seem to develop Romeo Finley ok. I mean
im not a defender of this staff, i didnt want manny, still dont, but we have had good atheltes do well at every other position. maybe shaq and pick were just not that good.

I agree, though injuries and academics were a huge factor last year.

Imo we have a several very talented young guys. We’ll see how they do this year and going forward.

Advertisement
not recruiting more athletic? Joyner and steed were well regarded and got hurt. Wilder broke his neck. BJ was a richt take.
Huff , Brooks, and Cave are more athletic. Greene was more athletic but his mom wouldnt let him come here.
You know, we bash them based on shaq and pickney but they did seem to develop Romeo Finley ok. I mean
im not a defender of this staff, i didnt want manny, still dont, but we have had good atheltes do well at every other position. maybe shaq and pick were just not that good.
So a few things. One this is over 5 years and they just have not brought a lot of guys in, and certainly not a lot of top flight guys. That many injuries were bad luck, but they are also part of football. These injuries were over the course of several years and they did not appropriately recruit knowing some of these lingering issues. **** even some of the recruits had major injuries in high school (Brooks, who I like, but did have a major injury already). Regardless of the reason, we had a walk on playing meaningful minutes and snaps in a conference game.

I have said this with Greene a million times - literally a month before his decision, guys like LCE and GoGeta were saying don’t count on a Wakulla guy and more importantly their parents. That proved to be true. That is on the coaches for having a small board and not reading the situation. Things happen with one guy, but the coaches were entirely unprepared by not casting a wide net. That has been a recurring issue under Diaz.

be
I agree, though injuries and academics were a huge factor last year.

Imo we have a several very talented young guys. We’ll see how they do this year and going forward.
before last year richt had final say on recruit offers and also kool before he left was allowed to offer whoever he wanted.
Im not defending manny but many people around team told me they think a healthy trio of joyner, huff and brooks will turn out better.

So a few things. One this is over 5 years and they just have not brought a lot of guys in, and certainly not a lot of top flight guys. That many injuries were bad luck, but they are also part of football. These injuries were over the course of several years and they did not appropriately recruit knowing some of these lingering issues. **** even some of the recruits had major injuries in high school (Brooks, who I like, but did have a major injury already). Regardless of the reason, we had a walk on playing meaningful minutes and snaps in a conference game.

I have said this with Greene a million times - literally a month before his decision, guys like LCE and GoGeta were saying don’t count on a Wakulla guy and more importantly their parents. That proved to be true. That is on the coaches for having a small board and not reading the situation. Things happen with one guy, but the coaches were entirely unprepared by not casting a wide net. That has been a recurring issue under Diaz.
i agree on greene. also anthony solomon we lost because he had serious family issues and needed to get away. i like cave alot but for whatever reason this staff likes flagg.

Advertisement
Recruiting philosophy and coaching deficiencies aside, a lot of people are seemingly forgetting that we have had absolutely zero semblance of an offense since Richt took over.

Yes, we've had top 15 defenses the past three seasons, and that should be absolutely be a selling point, but kids are smart, and what top defensive recruit is going to want to be out on the field for 25-30 minutes a game because our offense is consistently going 3 and out? Pink and Shaq were studs their first two years at Miami and then plateaued once they became upperclassman, with Pink's body in particular completely breaking down. Garvin peaked as a sophomore and then left early after an underwhelming year. Bandy did the same.

Again, blame the coaches and maybe a lot of it is warranted, but these kids are leaving Miami with a significant amount of clicks on their odometers due to having to be on the field for 2/3 of every game.

Advertisement
Back