2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

I mean.. we went 7-6, its no surprise recruiting is going poorly especially without practices and visits to showcase our revamped offense and campus. Doesn’t help that we dont have established recruiters on the defensive staff but its a tall task for anyone to sell anything like that.

We went 6-7 but I hear ya on your points

Advertisement
If we don’t get a late-May verbal commitment from this one player during a pandemic, Julio Frenk HAS to step down

Manny’s unwillingness to make better choices with staff on defense is really hurting us and him. Patke and Baker don’t bring anything in recruiting or X’s and O’s-wise.

Last season at this time you could substitute Banda and Rumph for Patke and Baker.

Literally the exact same thing was being written about those two guys here every single day. They then proceeded to pull four studs in Christian and Avantae Williams, Harrell and Dunson.

Everything I've read on here is Patke is universally respected by the players and has a solid Xs and Os mind.

I don't think it's being too patient to wait a couple of recruiting cycles before deciding if we need to make a change.

Advertisement
Last season at this time you could substitute Banda and Rumph for Patke and Baker.

Literally the exact same thing was being written about those two guys here every single day. They then proceeded to pull four studs in Christian and Avantae Williams, Harrell and Dunson.

Everything I've read on here is Patke is universally respected by the players and has a solid Xs and Os mind.

I don't think it's being too patient to wait a couple of recruiting cycles before deciding if we need to make a change.
Banda’s a decent recruiter. Rumph’s a decent coach. The other 2 don’t show much of either. We can put a recruiter in Patke’s spot and not lose coaching acumen.

The scariest thing is Manny does not seem to see how bad his defensive staff is at recruiting, or does not care. Either way, it’s just not something he has prioritized. Really on any side of the ball. He hasn’t made a single stud recruiter hire in his two years here. There are guys that have maybe turned out not to be bad, but nobody has come in being regarded as a stud on the trail. Even at the WR and RB coach positions.

Advertisement

I‘m sorry but this is nonsense. This accepting of mediocrity is what brought this program down and is continuing to hold us down. Patke and Baker are not fit to clean the shirts let alone wear them. Our LBs regressed every year. Our LB recruiting has been a mess. Our special teams were an unmitigated disaster.

He has been here two full seasons as an LB coach. Can you really say that Shaq and Pinckney got to their best levels? They were guessing, shooting the wrong gaps, and taking them out of plays last year like when they were freshmen and his recruiting and game prep left us playing a walk on.

Miami is not and should not be a program where a guy like Jonathan Patke is cutting his teeth as a coach, and frankly, you’re either born a salesman (recruiter) or you’re not. His results as a coach have been **** poor and his results as a recruiter are very marginally better and certainly not nearly good enough to compensate for his coaching.

I‘m sorry but this is nonsense. This accepting of mediocrity is what brought this program down and is continuing to hold us down. Patke and Baker are not fit to clean the shirts let alone wear them. Our LBs regressed every year. Our LB recruiting has been a mess. Our special teams were an unmitigated disaster.

He has been here two full seasons as an LB coach. Can you really say that Shaq and Pinckney got to their best levels? They were guessing, shooting the wrong gaps, and taking them out of plays last year like when they were freshmen and his recruiting and game prep left us playing a walk on.

Miami is not and should not be a program where a guy like Jonathan Patke is cutting his teeth as a coach, and frankly, you’re either born a salesman (recruiter) or you’re not. His results as a coach have been **** poor and his results as a recruiter are very marginally better and certainly not nearly good enough to compensate for his coaching.
Believe it or not there are people around the program that like patke. In tough on the defense but are injuries not a factor? Also are we sure that Shaq and pick weren’t limited physically ?

Why do we recruit sta kids so poorly? We rarely get kids from there for some reason. Feels like it’s gotten worse with Roger harriot there as I expected When he was hired
Because most STA kids are clout chasing front runners.

They transfer their from other Broward, Palm Beach & Northern Dade schools to get more offers & recognition & they hop on whichever bandwagon is riding at the time.

It's the AAU Kevin Durant to the Warriors type mentality, they all just wanna play for whatever team seems the hottest, they don't wanna blaze their own pathway, they like most kids today just don't have a mind of their own.

That's a part of Football culture now, they wanna play for winners & will take the easiest path to get their, its one of the main reasons they transfer to STA in the first place because they're guaranteed to win a State title playing for basically a tri-county All-Star team.

Believe it or not there are people around the program that like patke. In tough on the defense but are injuries not a factor? Also are we sure that Shaq and pick weren’t limited physically ?
They for sure were limited physically in pass defense. 100%. But when fourth year starters are running to the wrong gap and running themselves out of plays, that’s not their physical limitations. If they were so physically limited, then that is on the coaches for not recruiting better players to replace them, which again is evidenced by having to play a walk on when one of two players got injured. Why was Brooks not ready to play? This is not even touching on him as our special teams coach.

People around the program liking Patke is just not dispositive that he is a good coach or worth a spot. I think Manny has been good at cutting the low hanging fruit (offensive coaches) but has had a hard time being critical with the defensive staff and recruiting in particular. The bottom line with Patke, and really any of our defensive coaches, is no one else is lining up to hire them. If Patke was not on our staff, what other power five schools would hire him? Sorry but he should not be a full time staff member at the University of Miami at this point in his career.

Advertisement
The scariest thing is Manny does not seem to see how bad his defensive staff is at recruiting, or does not care. Either way, it’s just not something he has prioritized. Really on any side of the ball. He hasn’t made a single stud recruiter hire in his two years here. There are guys that have maybe turned out not to be bad, but nobody has come in being regarded as a stud on the trail. Even at the WR and RB coach positions.

Yet we finished with a Top 10 class after the worst season in more than 30 years.

Because most STA kids are clout chasing front runners.

They transfer their from other Broward, Palm Beach & Northern Dade schools to get more offers & recognition & they hop on whichever bandwagon is riding at the time.

It's the AAU Kevin Durant to the Warriors type mentality, they all just wanna play for whatever team seems the hottest, they don't wanna blaze their own pathway, they like most kids today just don't have a mind of their own.

That's a part of Football culture now, they wanna play for winners & will take the easiest path to get their, its one of the main reasons they transfer to STA in the first place because they're guaranteed to win a State title playing for basically a tri-county All-Star team.
Agree to a certain point but Michigan hasn’t won **** and get their assess handed to them every year by OSU. Manny and Parker are poor recruiters and Patke shouldn’t even be on this staff. If you want to recruit SF then why hire this guy, he has no ties.

Patke is trash & there's no two ways about it.

His X's & O's acumen is minimal, he's not some Defensive Guru, he's an OLB's/Striker & ST's coach, which means he coaches two positions that don't require a lot of extensive detail or heavy input. Basically, he's at a spot where being a guru isn't necessary therefore, he should be an excellent recruiter & he's neither.

We don't need to wait a couple of cycles of him failing consecutively before the lightbulb goes off that he needs to be replaced, he should've already been replaced for his failures last year.

We have essentially 3 LB's Coaches & between the 3 of them can't sell Miami to LB's despite being one of the most prestigious LB factories in college football history. Even on our downslope we still got backers currently in the league & our LB's coaches still can't figure out how to land 3 quality LB's in a class that aren't stifled with injuries.

Regardless of how he is as a person, he ain't doing his job as a recruiter & for no other reason than he's one of Manuelito's protégés he keeps his job. Both Patke & Baker are from Texas & coached at LA Tech, yet neither one of them have any pull in those regions & can't recruit South FL either, so what exactly are they doing?

Advertisement
Yet we finished with a Top 10 class after the worst season in more than 30 years.
Randy Shannon had a #1 ranked class in 08 & Al Folden even had a top 10 class in 2012 & back to back top 15 classes in 2013 & 14.

Class rankings only mean something if you're a good evaluator & actually do something with the talent you get.

Advertisement
Back