2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

1) The above is human nature. Short of long conversations about how any commit is going to be used (like Knighton), those threads are not going to be long.

2) Tight end has never been a concern, nor has Field as a coach. He has done his job well and is not polarizing. So there are not the side conversations that spawn out of the initial topic.

3) Based on one and two you have removed any context and removed any form of critical thinking. The world is not black and white, and context and history matter significantly.

4) That is simply not true that people ***** over every decommit or guy that goes elsewhere. You did not see people *****ing over Jacorey Brooks. You do not see people *****ing about QB recruiting. You don’t even really see people *****ing about missing Taylor or Marshall out of Palmetto. So no, people don’t ***** and moan over every guy that commits elsewhere. They do ***** when there is something fair to criticize and cause for concern. We do not have a single proven LB on the roster and our LB coach has shown no ability to develop them.

5) You keep saying give Diaz time, they need more time to establish themselves, they need 4 full years, etc. Aside from the fact that that is just an antiquated philosophy, Diaz has been here for five years with full control of the defensive recruiting. The same issues that we are seeing with Hood and both LB/CB recruiting this year have been a recurring theme that Diaz has shown no desire to fix. He has been happy to push blame on the offensive coaches (IMO to an inappropriate degree which functioned to splinter the locker room last year) but has shown zero willingness to be introspective and improve on his crew of yes men. Patke simply has no business being on this staff.

The issue is not Hood in isolation, especially not in May, but we have consistently struck out on top targets at the position and failed to have backup options. At a certain point it becomes a trend. That goes for CB too, but at least Rumph is a somewhat better teacher and has landed some of those guys at the end of the cycle.

6) I couldn’t care less about who you are. I see someone who has seen this program squirt diarrhea down it’s leg for 15 years and now accepts a solid **** as an accomplishment and something to hang their hat on.

Human nature, four years, diarrhea squirt.

Lmfao

You try and turn every "failure" a 15 year indictment of the program. It's not. He's just a linebacker. Just as the TE commit it just that, one commit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ninjas a Jersey 3 star.

GTFO.

We had a lot of higher rated talent in South Florida those 4 years.

It’s amazing how and this program has gotten. A guy like Cavr would have been a late Extra Scholly Pickup at best during our prime years.
I heard same thing when I told people on this board about dj moore and people clowned the idea of a Philly wr meanwhile he became a first round pick. I could be wrong on him but this board is full of people that jock the wrong guys.

What specifically in his game makes him a reach to you? Not being facetious, just curious as many people are extremely high on him. Kid plays in a tough area, is fast, can hit, and isn’t a project size wise (besides the normal hitting a college weight program).

Advertisement
I heard same thing when I told people on this board about dj moore and people clowned the idea of a Philly wr meanwhile he became a first round pick. I could be wrong on him but this board is full of people that jock the wrong guys.
This is from Brian Dohn, who is one of the better analyst's in the 247 network. Not seeing seeing how this kid is a project:

Lean frame with length and wide shoulders. Can easily add 20 pounds. Highly productive player with 162 tackles in his junior season. Reads plays well. Good burst and body control. Plays physical. Can navigate traffic to make tackle. Possesses closing speed. Very effective in-the-box player. Excels playing downhill. Has to work on change of direction. Coverage skills are inconsistent. Needs better depth on drops in zone. Increase strength a must. Has to show he has speed to get to sideline. Should develop into a multi-year starter at strong Power 5 program.

This is from Brian Dohn, who is one of the better analyst's in the 247 network. Not seeing seeing how this kid is a project:

Lean frame with length and wide shoulders. Can easily add 20 pounds. Highly productive player with 162 tackles in his junior season. Reads plays well. Good burst and body control. Plays physical. Can navigate traffic to make tackle. Possesses closing speed. Very effective in-the-box player. Excels playing downhill. Has to work on change of direction. Coverage skills are inconsistent. Needs better depth on drops in zone. Increase strength a must. Has to show he has speed to get to sideline. Should develop into a multi-year starter at strong Power 5 program.
The only way that Tarik falls in the project category is weight wise. He probably needs about 15 pounds and get to 220 before he could see serious playing time. That’s about it though.

Results are all that matter and Patke's results are laughable. Idk why Miami has guys who should at best be GAs taking up real coaching spots. You guys think Saban and Dabo would settle for the trash heap we have on the defensive staff?

Why are the results laughable? Shaq was First Team All ACC and got drafted and Pickney was a solid four year starter. None of the rest of them have even played.

Advertisement

My friends son had offers from everyone including bama and at a camp told me cave dominated. He played lb and rush end. My friend who coached 4 kids who made it to nfl in last few years loves him too.

Results are all that matter and Patke's results are laughable. Idk why Miami has guys who should at best be GAs taking up real coaching spots. You guys think Saban and Dabo would settle for the trash heap we have on the defensive staff?
They can pay there position coaches what we pay our Coordinators lol

Advertisement
We just received a commit from a 4 Star TE and the thread got 23 comments.

We lose a kid and it's 431 posts and counting about how everything is hopeless and people need to be fired. You idiotic mopes crawl out of the woodwork every chance you get to **** all over everything, all it takes is one de-commit or a kid picking another school.

So I'll just chuckle at your ridiculous disgrace judgments cause you don't know a ******* thing about who I am and what a "real" Canes fan is.
To be fair, there's way more to discuss and assess if you miss on a kid, especially in these circumstances. If you do get the commit, do you want 400 posts saying "awesome".

Advertisement
Cave isn't a "reach" or a "project." He is productive, he tests well, and his film is good. He needs some S&C before he's really ready, like probably 95% of HS kids. He is a very solid prospect.
And he goes hard every play. We just had pick who fans loved because he talked a lot but he was never 110% commited.

Advertisement
Back