2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Not at all. Coker's shortcomings, Shannon's shortcomings, Golden's shortcomings, and Richt's shortcomings all exist in a vacuum from one another, just as anything that happens with Manny exists in his vacuum. The problem with Manny is some of Richt's tenure bleeds into what is going on with him as a head coach - mainly, in this topic, our LB and CB recruiting and development.

People objectively looking at facts, providing support for their opinions, and coming to a different opinion than you does not make it any more or less valid. You're on a message board. That is kind of the point of this place. However, when your sole basis of people being unreasonable is some asinine take comparing the number of responses on a TE commit thread vs. Hood (which you later say is a pointless comparison), and then trying to cast your baseless opinion as any more valid, and then ignore any form of discussion and instead respond with a reddit catchphrase like a teenage girl, it tells me all I need to know about you.

Good thing you continue to tell me what you think or know about me despite telling me over and over how little you care about what I think or know.

Advertisement
That’s what I thought;
So let’s put this in perspective:
We had a FG kicker(s) who were inaccurate as fck, a kick return game that sucked @$&, and why do we need a coach for “striker?” That should fall under either the LB coach or the S coach. This is my problem; Diaz is just making up chit to keep this guy employed. He doesn’t recruit well, and he’s a **** poor coach. Our striker position took a huge step back this yr as they were often out of position.

WHY IS HE HERE!?!

We also had multiple fake punts.

I have to admit, this one doesn't make a lot of sense, i.e., a 2021 kid picking Michigan this early, and during Covid-19.

My mom is a two-time cancer survivor. Every offer is kind of like a gift to her, she’s fighting so hard to be alive to see me and my brothers live out our dreams.”

Before Hood officially left Cardinal Newman, though, the hometown Hurricanes made sure he knew had the opportunity to stay home in South Florida, offering the star linebacker in mid-January. The 6’1” 212 pound prospect made it down to Miami a few weeks ago for Junior Day for his first visit to UM’s campus, and it is safe to say Miami made a strong first impression.

“I was very impressed. I learned about the strength and conditioning, and I also got to hear the scheme for the defense, which I felt could be really good for me.”

What were some of the things that made Hood so excited about Miami?

“How many players have gone to the league, how good the engineering program is, and the facilities they have coming. I definitely follow the team a lot, my mom’s an alumni. It has a history of having great linebackers, and Shaq Quarterman was one of my favorite linebackers. The way he comes downhill and thumps, and his attitude, the way he leads the team. Just being able to be a part of that would be a great opportunity and a blessing.”

Lots of good reasons to pick Miami in there. Is he honestly in danger of losing his spot at Michigan if he doesn't pick them now?

Advertisement
Win double digit games, and let Michigan go 9-3 again and get blown out by Ohio State, Harbaugh resigns goes back to NFL we can get him.

I have to admit, this one doesn't make a lot of sense, i.e., a 2021 kid picking Michigan this early, and during Covid-19.

My mom is a two-time cancer survivor. Every offer is kind of like a gift to her, she’s fighting so hard to be alive to see me and my brothers live out our dreams.”

Before Hood officially left Cardinal Newman, though, the hometown Hurricanes made sure he knew had the opportunity to stay home in South Florida, offering the star linebacker in mid-January. The 6’1” 212 pound prospect made it down to Miami a few weeks ago for Junior Day for his first visit to UM’s campus, and it is safe to say Miami made a strong first impression.

“I was very impressed. I learned about the strength and conditioning, and I also got to hear the scheme for the defense, which I felt could be really good for me.”

What were some of the things that made Hood so excited about Miami?

“How many players have gone to the league, how good the engineering program is, and the facilities they have coming. I definitely follow the team a lot, my mom’s an alumni. It has a history of having great linebackers, and Shaq Quarterman was one of my favorite linebackers. The way he comes downhill and thumps, and his attitude, the way he leads the team. Just being able to be a part of that would be a great opportunity and a blessing.”

Lots of good reasons to pick Miami in there. Is he honestly in danger of losing his spot at Michigan if he doesn't pick them now?
This could be a case of a kid who just thinks he wants to go away for college. On the surface, Miami has every advantage here. It’s not like his going big time like Ohio St or Clemson. He took his best out of state offer which is a middle of the pac Big 10 program with a goofy doofus for a HC. Hopefully, we stay on him and he reconsiders.

Advertisement
He will get better as a coach. He's still very young and our MLB play has been pretty Solid under him.
Well we have only had 1 MLB in 2 years he's been an assistant coach and Shaq was nothing spectacular. Patke's recruiting has been ****. This is his make it or break it year along with Baker.

Advertisement
Cave's tape reflects exactly what's on his offer list. (and vice versa)
Nothing about this staff has shown me that they can evaluate, recruit and/or develop LB's...so I'll reserve my optimism for now.
But I'll be pleasantly shocked if a 3-star kid with bottom-tier P5 offers comes here and balls out. It'll mean that we have found a gem that somehow got overlooked by the big-time programs that recruit Jersey heavily.
I respect your opinion but I have been very reserved imo opinions on kids and have been pretty accurate. Perhaps I’m wrong but we should both hope I’m right becaue we need lbs

You go bargain bin shopping for coaches you get bargain bin results. Our defensive staff is filled with guys respectable programs wouldn't touch.

Patke and Banda belong at UTSA; not Miami.
Rumph is the type of CB coach a program like Kentucky hires so they can say they recruit SoFla but he only pulls picked over leftovers.
I wonder what Baker's next job would've been had Diaz not come calling.

Advertisement
You go bargain bin shopping for coaches you get bargain bin results. Our defensive staff is filled with guys respectable programs wouldn't touch.

Patke and Banda belong at UTSA; not Miami.
Rumph is the type of CB coach a program like Kentucky hires so they can say they recruit SoFla but he only pulls picked over leftovers.
I wonder what Baker's next job would've been had Diaz not come calling.
Agreed on everything except Banda. He's a good coach and a good recruiter. Well maybe not a good recruiter but above average. He's ok.

Michigan might not even play Football this year, per their own school president...

Plus they're a state that has a high infection & death rate, they were a Covid hotspot just a month ago.

And yet they still have two STA kids committed in their 21 class lol.

Advertisement
Back