2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Advertisement
people are always too focused on the idea of "recruiters." it was just literally 3 months ago that everyone on here was blowing up over the fact that rob likens was hired over jajuan seider... flash forward to now and likens is already one of the most respected coaches on staff, and his having put two WRs in the first round in back to back years will help him recruit just fine. if/when changes are made on the defensive staff i just want to see good coaches hired... we could use more experience on that side of the staff. the justice and likens hirings seem promising in that manny went outside of circle.

Last edited:
people are always too focused on the idea of "recruiters." it was just literally 3 months ago that everyone on here was blowing up over the fact that rob likens was hired over jajuan seider... flash forward to now and likens is already one of the most respected coaches on staff, and his having put two WRs in the first round in back to back years will help him recruit just fine. if/when changes are made on the defensive staff i just want to see good coaches hired... we could use more experience on that side of the staff.the justice and likens hirings seem promising in that manny went outside of circle.

Just bc people aren’t livid about the Likens hire anymore doesn’t mean it was the best Manny could’ve done. You would be hard pressed to find anybody that would take Likens over Seider.

separately, again, i personally like some of the evaluations at LB. if brooks, huff, TAC stay healthy, i think we will be just fine with them at LB. i won't argue that we could recruit better there, but ppl also need to understand positional value in today's football. the real question on defense is whether we will have the horses on DL and at DB. we're stacking guys at DE and S, but need more studs at DT and CB. all of this energy is how ppl should feel about leonard taylor. those are the game changers.

Advertisement
people are always too focused on the idea of "recruiters." it was just literally 3 months ago that everyone on here was blowing up over the fact that rob likens was hired over jajuan seider... flash forward to now and likens is already one of the most respected coaches on staff, and his having put two WRs in the first round in back to back years will help him recruit just fine. if/when changes are made on the defensive staff i just want to see good coaches hired... we could use more experience on that side of the staff.the justice and likens hirings seem promising in that manny went outside of circle.
He’s done the easier thing with the offense. Though I’m happy he made the change, he doesn’t have an offensive circle. He doesn’t run offense. He’s a defensive coach with defensive circles and in that area he hasn’t done what’s needed. If he hired a Justice or Likens level coach on defense to replace Patke, that would be a big upgrade.

it's nice that michigan puts LBs in the first round. but people on here get fixated on certain position coaches at other schools to an insane degree. michigan gave up 62 and 56 points to ohio state in back to back years. brian jean mary isn't going to fix that.

Advertisement
RVA Maths:
Rumph the coach > Patke the coach
Rumph the recruiter > Patke the recruiter

Banda the coach > Patke the coach
Banda the recruiter > Patke the recruiter

Rumph &/or Banda > Patke
Patke = Most Expendable

We're do you get this Patke is a terrible coach from? Like honestly how do we know if we haven't been able to watch him coach

RVA Maths:
Rumph the coach > Patke the coach
Rumph the recruiter > Patke the recruiter

Banda the coach > Patke the coach
Banda the recruiter > Patke the recruiter

Rumph &/or Banda > Patke
Patke = Most Expendable

What changed from yesterday to today that we have the need to fire anyone?

What if our lb room kills it this year? Still bounce him?
I think everyone wants the room to kill it and eat crow. But looking backwards, Shaq, Pinckney, and McCloud all regressed with each passing year. I couldn’t believe how bad they were last year between wrong gaps, missed tackles, poor angles, athletic limitations, etc., and the reality is that is all we have to go off of.

Advertisement
We're do you get this Patke is a terrible coach from? Like honestly how do we know if we haven't been able to watch him coach
Rumph and Banda are both better, coaching and recruiting... and they’re not setting the world on fire. We need to add a strong recruiter to the Defensive staff and if we can only get rid of one position coach, x marks the spot on Patke. We can pick up a much better recruiter without any loss in coaching acumen on that side of the ball. It’s clear as day.

I think everyone wants the room to kill it and eat crow. But looking backwards, Shaq, Pinckney, and McCloud all regressed with each passing year. I couldn’t believe how bad they were last year between wrong gaps, missed tackles, poor angles, athletic limitations, etc., and the reality is that is all we have to go off of.
I don’t know what’s so hard to see as to where we can clearly get better on the coaching/ recruiting side.

Advertisement
The second half of last season shaq was playing the best football of his career what are you talking about.

Advertisement
Back