2021 LB Jaydon Hood receives offer

Why do we recruit sta kids so poorly? We rarely get kids from there for some reason. Feels like it’s gotten worse with Roger harriot there as I expected When he was hired

dude hasnt even walked into a classroom at sta yet. He just transferred in the spring when the shut down happen...He's a palm beach kid

Advertisement
Not disagreeing with Patke and Rumph but still think it’s too small a sample size to say that Baker is a horrible coordinator
I agree with you about the small sample size. My statement is based solely on my judgement. In my opinion Baker will turn out to be a mediocre to bad DC at this level. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong. In fact I would like to be wrong as that would be much better for the program but I just don't see it

Advertisement
Patke is the worst coach on staff & the majority of people want him fired, myself included.

And I don't even want Rumph fired, I like him a lot but he's just not that good of a recruiter & there's no denying it.

You reaching hardcore lil bro, there's multiple people in this very thread are already saying Patke & Baker need to go. And they do.

And it's not new, I was saying we need to move on from Patke from the jump, in fact I was against him getting hired in the first place, but I was the main one saying we should've hired Devin Bush Sr in his place last year when the whole Hyppolite & Greene debacles took place.

Every coach gets criticized for their misses, ****, it's people on here who still want Stroud fired & he's literally one of the best recruiters we have on staff. I understand why you're so overprotective of Rumph but you cant look at it like that, the coaches who handle their business don't catch heat, it's that simple. Notice how no one ever says anything about Hickson...

Remember I was the main one leading the charge for Stubblefield to go because I knew he was trash, most of the people on this board fought tooth & nail with me on that literally up until the day he got hired at PSU & all anyone ever said was "bUt hE lAnDeD 4 wR's bRo!" But I kept telling yall if we stick with him for the 21 class we're screwed.

The point is, when people get on coaches for not landing targets it's not personal, it's because that's what they're supposed to do & when they don't people will be on their head.
Just our luck that at Temple, Manny hired Fran Brown, but here we get Baker.

Manny is a poor recruiter and the guys he developed are poor recruiters... what a ******* surprise

After the Walker transfer we ended up with a Top 10 caliber class, after a season where we went an ugly 6-7. Thats as good as Mario did after winning the Rose Bowl and Lincoln Riley did after back to back trips to the final four. It's better than Harbaugh at Michigan and Franklin at Penn State.

Now add the #1 grad transfers at QB, DE and Kicker,

Maybe poor is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
I mean.. we went 7-6, its no surprise recruiting is going poorly especially without practices and visits to showcase our revamped offense and campus. Doesn’t help that we dont have established recruiters on the defensive staff but its a tall task for anyone to sell anything like that.

Meanwhile other coaches can just say the letters FIU when a kid speaks on Miami. **** I get ****ed every second that sh** is mentioned. Nobody wants to play for a defense where your offense struggles to put up points against G5 teams.

Kids have been sold on promises about a change in Miami for years. I think last year was a tipping point where its impossible to sell a team that cant go toe to toe vs LA tech or FIU for 3 quarters. Reasonably, kids aint gna buy that sh** anymore.

Y’all say this was a huge miss and all these misses are inexcusable. I say last season was inexcusable and we probably don’t deserve any kind of respect until we earn it on the field. No recruiter is gna erase 7-6.

That being said, bakers been a complete disappointment. Dude better show up ready to run this defense proper. Nothing about him has impressed me at all.

Advertisement
I mean.. we went 7-6, its no surprise recruiting is going poorly especially without practices and visits to showcase our revamped offense and campus. Doesn’t help that we dont have established recruiters on the defensive staff but its a tall task for anyone to sell anything like that.

Meanwhile other coaches can just say the letters FIU when a kid speaks on Miami. **** I get ****ed every second that sh** is mentioned. Nobody wants to play for a defense where your offense struggles to put up points against G5 teams.

Kids have been sold on promises about a change in Miami for years. I think last year was a tipping point where its impossible to sell a team that cant go toe to toe vs LA tech or FIU for 3 quarters. Reasonably, kids aint gna buy that sh** anymore.

Y’all say this was a huge miss and all these misses are inexcusable. I say last season was inexcusable and we probably don’t deserve any kind of respect until we earn it on the field. No recruiter is gna erase 7-6.

That being said, bakers been a complete disappointment. Dude better show up ready to run this defense proper. Nothing about him has impressed me at all.
Fair points, but Manny’s issues with recruiting CB and LB are over the full course of his time at Miami. It is not just limited to this class, which is still TBD. This is a recurring theme.

** 6-7

Advertisement
After the Walker transfer we ended up with a Top 10 caliber class, after a season where we went an ugly 6-7. Thats as good as Mario did after winning the Rose Bowl and Lincoln Riley did after back to back trips to the final four. It's better than Harbaugh at Michigan and Franklin at Penn State.

Now add the #1 grad transfers and QB, DE and Kicker,

Maybe poor is a bit of a stretch.
Manny’s unwillingness to make better choices with staff on defense is really hurting us and him. Patke and Baker don’t bring anything in recruiting or X’s and O’s-wise.

Advertisement
Fair points, but Manny’s issues with recruiting CB and LB are over the full course of his time at Miami. It is not just limited to this class, which is still TBD. This is a recurring theme.

Honestly, yeah we should definitely be better at recruiting both positions than we have been.. but it hasn’t been the worst. Definitely would like to see better but I’m not mad about Huff Brooks Cave Flagg. CB room isn't terrible either. You’re right though we always leave a lot on the table.

wow my bad

Honestly, yeah we should definitely be better at recruiting both positions than we have been.. but it hasn’t been the worst. Definitely would like to see better but I’m not mad about Huff Brooks Cave Flagg. CB room isn't terrible either. You’re right though we always leave a lot on the table.

wow my bad
Agreed. I think part is the process that gets us there too. It seems like every year they throw **** at the wall and hope something sticks. You look at our DL recruiting and I can tell you what we want physically. Same with safety. CB and LB I’m not sure they have any idea what they want and definitely not how to get it.

Advertisement
Back