2021 4-Star RB Cody Brown Offered

Is this a true top ten back? Cause I want to know who wanted the kid. Rankings are good and all but can he run away from guys is he fast quick etc.

Advertisement
Go back and focus the MLB of every team he faces.

That comp is straight trash and this guy is slow.

We need LBs and MFing LB coaches, not more **** off field analysts getting to learn to be a position coach that never played the **** position and slow RBs that look all world against little kids...

Is this a true top ten back? Cause I want to know who wanted the kid. Rankings are good and all but can he run away from guys is he fast quick etc.
He had offers from LSU, UF, Ohio Taint, FSU, Auburn, and many others. Funny how so many saying he’s slow. I watched his tape again. He’s every bit as fast at Thad on tape. The kid is a soccer player and it shows. He has ELITE feet and balance. His jump step at 220lbs is better than everyone not named Rooster. He has a good stiff arm. He does shot on the track team. He breaks arm tackles and low leg grabs. He falls forward. What else can you ask for? That he doesn’t have breakaway 4.3-4.4 speed? Hardly anyone at 220lbs has that regardless of position in the NFL. This kid is in HS. His tape is really, really good and he has the production to match it. He reminds me of Stephen McGuire.

Advertisement
He had offers from LSU, UF, Ohio Taint, FSU, Auburn, and many others. Funny how so many saying he’s slow. I watched his tape again. He’s every bit as fast at Thad on tape. The kid is a soccer player and it shows. He has ELITE feet and balance. His jump step at 220lbs is better than everyone not named Rooster. He has a good stiff arm. He does shot on the track team. He breaks arm tackles and low leg grabs. He falls forward. What else can you ask for? That he doesn’t have breakaway 4.3-4.4 speed? Hardly anyone at 220lbs has that regardless of position in the NFL. This kid is in HS. His tape is really, really good and he has the production to match it. He reminds me of Stephen McGuire.
He does look good. That OL giving him straight line holes but he does move laterally well. I was waiting for his cuts took awhile cause the highlights were see hole run straight 😂. I have to see what sfla has this year at RB there has to be better right?

He’s a 230-pound back who ran for 1500+ yards three years in a row against big boy Georgia competition. Also a 3-sport athlete with the discipline to carry a 4.1 GPA.

Bring him in and let him compete with Thad. We need a big back and two shots is better than one.

He does look good. That OL giving him straight line holes but he does move laterally well. I was waiting for his cuts took awhile cause the highlights were see hole run straight 😂. I have to see what sfla has this year at RB there has to be better right?
The gaping holes were there early in the tape. Look at the jump cut he makes on tape about 3/4 of the way through. It’s nasty for a guy his size. That’s the soccer player feet.

Advertisement

Reminds me of this dude.

Those who have paid attention know I've been clamoring for a back like this since Mike James graduated. Big back with pretty light feet who's slippery, painful to tackle and moves piles. Importantly he runs like a big back and doesn't dance too much. It's a bonus that he has experience with diverse schemes - on his highlights I saw wide zone, inside zone, power schemes - and has downhill burst. Long speed is the most overhyped trait in RBs.

Don't disregard the scheme factor. The run game was mostly Duo and inside zone last year. Backs like this fit much better than Knighton types, or even Franklin who's a nice prospect but whose game is fueled by lateral jump cuts and avoiding contact, versus the superior burst and forward lean of Brown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we are supposed to hate Ivins and that he doesn’t know anything but in his most recent podcast he said he had some new info that leads him to think Miami is the landing spot for this kid. He and Lake both said the kid is very similar to Thad Franklin, perhaps a slightly better version of Thad.

LenDale White is an excellent comparison considering the size, power, stiff arm, vision & tackle breaking ability. Not the fastest guys but enough acceleration that once they break into the open field good luck bringing him down & usually finishes the run into the endzone.

White probably has an extra inch or so in height on Brown but very similar build and running style. If Brown can be even half of what White was for USC, that's still a potential all-conference player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back