2021 4-Star RB Cody Brown Offered

Interesting. Maybe want another body with Robert Burns transfering? If we have a spot for a high school kid, I'd rather use it at a different position but this kid has some talent.

Until the NCAA takes action on transfer ICs, both would have to blueshirt.

I would GLADLY cut next year's class to 23 to take these two guys.

Advertisement
We can find the room by counting him forward as a blueshirt to be 1 of the 25 initial counters in the 2022 Class, using Blissett's medical disqualification spot on the 85 man roster.

NCAA Bylaw 15.5.1.3 – Counter Who Becomes Injured or Ill. A counter who becomes injured or ill to the point that he or she apparently never again will be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics shall not be considered a counter beginning with the academic year following the incapacitating injury or illness.

Go Canes

I love ya, big man, but you're mixing apples and oranges here.

Yes, we get a COUNTER back for Blissett, but 85 is not the problem, plus we have an exemption this year due to Covid.

But you are 100% correct on the INITIAL COUNTERS, we would have to blueshirt anyone else that we take UNLESS the NCAA takes action on the Portal glut and gives out more Transfer ICs to every team.

Brooks is not allowed to transfer to an SEC school. Is it the same limitation with this RB?

Well, except for the Gaytors. Don't you know that they have 5-star Lingard?
We both know gator maths would claim Lingard and Bowman are 5 stars so they’re better. Even though they were both 3rd/4th team at schools before they hit the portal. In the real world UM would have the best RB room in the nation. A fast twitchy guy with soft hands, a do it all, a freak speed demon, paired with grown men who are bruisers with elite vision. It doesn’t get much better than that. There’s multiple NFL teams that aren’t that stacked.

Advertisement
Brooks is not allowed to transfer to an SEC school. Is it the same limitation with this RB?

Have Brooks and Brown enrolled at Tennessee yet? If they enrolled, it's considered a transfer. If they have not yet enrolled, it's just a release from an LOI (i.e., Seantrel Henderson) and the kid is still a HS recruit. I do not believe that schools can place limits on transfers ANYMORE, and I don't know if you can put limitations on HS recruits.

Advertisement
Pass. Looks like a slow full back. This is not what our offense is going to be doing.
I think ill take back what I said. Kid has some dam good balance and looks faster then I remember. When he gets close to the end zone he finds a way to punch it in.

I watched him play my alma mater in the second round of the Georgia playoffs. He’s a legit back. He’ll never break any records but he’d be a steady and reliable back. Played top competition in GA too.

This kid is not a blazer, but he’s not that slow either. He’s playing some of the best competition that GA has to offer. Some of you guys acting like he’s playing against middle school kids. He’s fast enough. Pair that with good vision, he’s a take. He’s good enough to play at this U.

Advertisement
He’s a take since we probably won’t get Gibbs. I agree that he looks slow.
He was still outrunning dudes for 80 yard TDs. He looks slower than he is on tape because of his short stride. What catches my eye was him breaking multiple tackles at all levels. I’d rather have a back running a 4.6 that doesn’t go down after initial contact than a 4.4 who trips when someone grabs his shoelace. Look at the starting RBs in the NFL if you think otherwise.

Advertisement
I guess they aren't that enamored with the 22 backs, he'll basically be part of that class
To me of all the guys we have offered in the 22 class Anthony hankerson is the only rb worth taking and to me brown is better and hankerson obviously a different game csz we have to recruit him a whole cycle

Advertisement
Back