2021 4-Star RB Cody Brown Offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
do we have the room though?

We can find the room by counting him forward as a blueshirt to be 1 of the 25 initial counters in the 2022 Class, using Blissett's medical disqualification spot on the 85 man roster.

NCAA Bylaw 15.5.1.3 – Counter Who Becomes Injured or Ill. A counter who becomes injured or ill to the point that he or she apparently never again will be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics shall not be considered a counter beginning with the academic year following the incapacitating injury or illness.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn't say that's the prerequisite...I mean they'll still be taking a back in 22.

It makes sense regardless. Stack talent.
I don't think it's a pre-requisite. But if this kid would be your #1 target as a 2022 kid, then it makes plenty of sense.

Advertisement
We can find the room by counting him forward as a blueshirt to be 1 of the 25 initial counters in the 2022 Class, using Blissett's medical disqualification spot on the 85 man roster.

NCAA Bylaw 15.5.1.3 – Counter Who Becomes Injured or Ill. A counter who becomes injured or ill to the point that he or she apparently never again will be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics shall not be considered a counter beginning with the academic year following the incapacitating injury or illness.

Go Canes

Counter, not Initial Counter, my chubby chasing friend. These words have different definitions under the Bylaws:

15.02.3 Counter. A "counter" is an individual who is receiving institutional financial aid that is countable against the aid limitations in a sport. 15.02.3.1 Initial Counter. [FBS/FCS] An "initial counter" is a counter who is receiving countable financial aid in a sport for the first time. (See Bylaw 15.5.6.3 in football for instances in which the institution is permitted to defer the counting of such financial aid until the following academic year.)

All Bylaw 15.5.1.3 means is that Blissett's medical disqualification allows UM to get back another spot towards the 85. We do not get an extra Initial Counter.

Advertisement
Counter, not Initial Counter, my chubby chasing friend. These words have different definitions under the Bylaws:

15.02.3 Counter. A "counter" is an individual who is receiving institutional financial aid that is countable against the aid limitations in a sport. 15.02.3.1 Initial Counter. [FBS/FCS] An "initial counter" is a counter who is receiving countable financial aid in a sport for the first time. (See Bylaw 15.5.6.3 in football for instances in which the institution is permitted to defer the counting of such financial aid until the following academic year.)

All Bylaw 15.5.1.3 means is that Blissett's medical disqualification allows UM to get back another spot towards the 85. We do not get an extra Initial Counter.

I never said we would get an extra intial counter. I just said we would get 1 of 85 overall counters back because of Blissett, and we could use that spot as one of the available 25 IC's for 2022 and count brown forward as a blueshirt.

Go Canes

So he's a '21 kid, but has to sit out until the '22's enroll? or can he enroll and practice already with the '21's?

So he's a '21 kid, but has to sit out until the '22's enroll? or can he enroll and practice already with the '21's?

If he comes as a blueshirt he can enroll for this August 2021.

Go Canes

For the mopes...That would give Miami 2 of the top 11 backs in 20 and 2 of the top 12 in 21. No other program would have that much talent at RB incoming the last 2 cycles.
Crazy thing is, when we go 2 backs in 1 cycle they are usually top 10. That is great stuff. Really hoping for Justice to get the Oline going in the run game. We have the players in the backfield to get it done.

Advertisement
Back