2021 4-Star RB Cody Brown Offered

Willis Mcgahee was Fred Taylor reincarnated. For the guys who didnt see Fred play.

Also found out from my old man that he is Bahamian recently. (We were watching I AM ATHLETE PODCAST) and my old man told me Fred said he was of Bahamian descent..so im bias to him. One of my favs to watch growing up..remember him killing the dolphins when the sprinklers came on during the playoffs.
Seeing how big he is in person then watching him pull away from the number one team in the country secondary is just crazy. I had no clue Fred was that big until I saw him at a gator scrimmage one day and was like that big **** runs a 4.3-4.4?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im one of the guys that think we should lock in Brown. I like the tandem of him and Thad...and think we hsould go with a scat type in this class of 2022. Either Edgerrin James son or another.

It appears Lashlee likes bigger backs. In the class of 2022 the backs they are prioritizing now have size.
if they take a back I’d expect a scat back but wouldn’t be shocked if they pass on the 22 class.

Im one of the guys that think we should lock in Brown. I like the tandem of him and Thad...and think we hsould go with a scat type in this class of 2022. Either Edgerrin James son or another.

It appears Lashlee likes bigger backs. In the class of 2022 the backs they are prioritizing now have size.
It’s all about first downs in tempo. You gotta have guys that get the extra 2-3 yards. That gives you the chance to go for more big plays downfield. But you already know this brotha ;)
It’s no disrespect to Knighton either. He’s just not built to run up the gut more than 3-4 times a game. The truth is none of the RBs now excel in that. The recruiting right now is proof in the pudding.

It’s all about first downs in tempo. You gotta have guys that get the extra 2-3 yards. That gives you the chance to go for more big plays downfield. But you already know this brotha ;)
It’s no disrespect to Knighton either. He’s just not built to run up the gut more than 3-4 times a game. The truth is none of the RBs now excel in that. The recruiting right now is proof in the pudding.
I think 2 is a complete back as for inside outside. That dudes runs angry and physical. Blocking is still suspect. He’s definitely a future nfl back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thad and Brown are similar in size and role, but are different types of athletes. Thad is a smooth and coordinated basketball player. Brown is more straight-ahead.

Brown’s athletic background is really interesting. Football, discus, shot put and soccer.

What is this kid waiting on to make a decision? As a 2021 kid, I would think he would want to lock in a spot somewhere to play in 2021-2022?

Advertisement
Willis Mcgahee was Fred Taylor reincarnated. For the guys who didnt see Fred play.

Also found out from my old man that he is Bahamian recently. (We were watching I AM ATHLETE PODCAST) and my old man told me Fred said he was of Bahamian descent..so im bias to him. One of my favs to watch growing up..remember him killing the dolphins when the sprinklers came on during the playoffs.
Was at that game lol. If memory serves me took the first carry of the game to the house 90yds. It was on like Donkey Kong after that. We were helping some Phins fans find their seats when it became28-0 in the 1st quarter. They said fvck it and just left. Great game for Freddy T and the Jags that game, that is until the Titans happened in the AFCCG. Only team that beat us all 3 losses that 1999 season.

Agree. Although I think Mike Smith out of Palmetto should be our scat back/ATH type so we can take 3 WRs...would say 3 true WRs but I'm okay with the ATH from Buford being 1 of 3 of our WR takes

Advertisement
Just a note.

Ivins posted on 247 that a commitment could come by this weekend. Said if he had to guess/pick, he'd go with Canes.

I'm here for it if that's the case. Get him now as our "2022" back. Hickson can then help us close on other targets.

I care about acceleration and short bursts vs long speed at Rb. It matters , but his strengths are necessary as well. He’ll just make up for acceleration with stiff arms and running guys over to get to the second or third level. He’ll pound on a d then 4 or 2 will rip off runs because of it. There’s no one way to get it done at Rb.
Yup, give me all the horses and speedsters.

Advertisement
Him and Thad give a different look to knighton and Cheney even tho Cheney can do all they both are speed and guys who make u miss those 2 punish u 4th quarter after chasing those 2 then boom Thad sits u on ur but and then boom brown blasts u backwards. All depending on our o line play of course tho
Chaney needed work on his patience and vision if I'm being completely honest. But I'm hoping that things will slow down for him now that he's got a season under his belt and he'll be more comfortable finding his spots with a year in a regular offence. I hate high schools that run a wing t and basically put the kids behind in there development.

Kid has it all though good size, speed, and runs f*cking hard

Chaney needed work on his patience and vision if I'm being completely honest. But I'm hoping that things will slow down for him now that he's got a season under his belt and he'll be more comfortable finding his spots with a year in a regular offence. I hate high schools that run a wing t and basically put the kids behind in there development.
Agreed. Plus an actual Spring and a chance for players (OL & RB's) to understand the playbook even more is going to be big. Understanding the playbook may be the incorrect phrase but you know this offense can be more dynamic with different looks. We didn't have the time to do that except for on the fly during the season.

Advertisement
Back