2021 4-Star RB Cody Brown Offered

Advertisement
People now are too caught up on straight line speed in highlights , which is a very small portion of evaluating a rb. I look at vision first , that’s so huge. Seeing things before they happen or making your own holes when there isn’t one. That’s what separates you.

Then balance , that should speak for itself:

Lastly physicality , running angry and getting two to three yards extra every carry. Guys that never go down on the first tackle.

I like good acceleration , short bursts but top speed is not at the top of my list. Straight line speed is just a cherry on top of the rb sundae. But just being fast is useless without what I previously mentioned.

I am not from the area and don't know the quality of teams he faces, all I am saying is what I see on tape, and those defenses he is tearing up look like a joke.

None of the MLBs are making correct reads or shedding blocks like any legit LB would, and a not that fast 230 lbs RB is out running DBs much smaller that sometimes even have the angle...

Sorry, but he ain't doing that **** down here...
Not acting like a pro evaluator, and never claimed to be...

Just stating my opinion of what I see in the opposing defenses this kid is facing, and they are a joke...

I also think we have much bigger needs at other positions...

They are playing against the best in the state...not every player is d1....rewind the game against NC this year and look at our players on D...looked comparable to the high school players on the video in ability, but they were not in hs and are college size....he was not cruited by bama or uga though...probably not fast/quick enough for them...just my opinion...a Gus Edwards comparison....was not good enough for Miami but averaging more than 5 yards per carry and 700 yards a year for the Ravens....would be a serviceable big back for the second half of a ball game I think.

Advertisement
He’s a 230-pound back who ran for 1500+ yards three years in a row against big boy Georgia competition. Also a 3-sport athlete with the discipline to carry a 4.1 GPA.

Bring him in and let him compete with Thad. We need a big back and two shots is better than one.
He played in the same district as Grayson and was their main offense. He is a competitor. Same build as Phil Mahfa who went to Clemson from Grayson just a little bit quicker in my opinion.

Advertisement
If Miami has any spots left, I'd like to see them use it on a LB or DE. Perhaps both before a RB. We have four in fold for this Fall season.
He’s the 2nd back for this class. When Cam leaves next season, we’ll only have two Jrs and Thad. One or both Chaney and Rooster could leave in two seasons. We need depth at RB.

Advertisement
And he's probably ours to lose now as MAR just committed to UCF a little while ago. And then Baez tweeted WR U as well....so maybe two commits coming sooner than later. One RB and one WR
I told everyone that Mar talk was bs. We already had an eye on a transfer rb that was better , but this Georgia kid came along and is a true Fr. This made more sense. Mar didn’t have a spot , no matter what he says or any media. Everyone knows he wants to play Rb and that was never happening here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Running back is a position now where a wide range of player types can succeed at the highest level.

Speed is good and has its place but you need other tools in the toolbox. Just like the 4.6 back, to succeed, needs more tools in the toolbox.

USC gets guys like this every year, it seems, and while most aren't professionals, they end up being at minimum solid collegiate role players like Buck Allen or Allen Bradford or Stephen Carr...there are more, but idk. These types of guys have a place. If we don't have to put too much effort into the recruiting process...I'm all for it. When we look back, even if this guy is Robert Burns...its not like having a guy like that on the roster is a wasted spot.

Advertisement
Back