2021 4-Star RB Cody Brown Offered

Advertisement
Why are people complaining lol **** yeah bring him in.

Also, reminds me of a J.K. Dobbins type back.
Stop it. He does not the same kind of explosiveness. He has a good stride and pace but his lack of acceleration and burst leaves a lot to be desired. He is a bruiser type of RB so I can't knock him too much.

JK was not as explosive as you think at OSU. I live in Columbus. I’ve watched almost every buckeye game.

u need to stop it 🖐🏿.... like u I'm an Ohio native and watched every Jk carry for OSU ....2 completely different skill sets...Dobbins is a one cut monster with good vision who is more quick than fast. Brown seems to be a power back with excellent balance and feet.

I like he runs like Fred Taylor & Curtis Martin.... smooth
Dude Fred was a monster. He was 6’1 -6’2 and 230 but ran like a god **** deer. I’d say legit 4.4 speed. Put in FSU 97 yo watch him leave an unreal FSU secondary in his dust. He’s a gator but maybe one of the best combination of speed , size and being complete as you’ll find at the position.

Advertisement
Dude Fred was a monster. He was 6’1 -6’2 and 230 but ran like a god **** deer. I’d say legit 4.4 speed. Put in FSU 97 yo watch him leave an unreal FSU secondary in his dust. He’s a gator but maybe one of the best combination of speed , size and being complete as you’ll find at the position.
Best high school back I’ve ever seen in person.

I finally found the time to watch his film.

He’s not explosive and lacks acceleration, it takes him time to build speed up but once he does he’s actually pretty fast. I see good vision and very good balance. Runs a little high for my taste but he’s physical as ****, he searches out mofos. Good luck with him and Thad in the fourth quarter. Those two would be a good mixture with 2 and 4. I think the Elijah Hood comparison by 247 is the best one. He’s definitely a take , I personally like these types, because I know tackling them for four quarters has you wanting to quit by the fourth. Thad is a tad better imo but they’re close , same style.

Last edited:

He’s not explosive and lacks acceleration, it takes him time to build speed up but once he does he’s actually pretty fast. I see good vision and very good balance. Runs a little high for my taste but he’s physical as ****, he searches out mofos. Good luck with him and Thad in the fourth quarter. Those two would be a good mixture with 2 and 4. I think the Elijah Hood comparison by 247 is the best one. He’s definitely a take , I personally like these types, because I know tackling them for four quarters has you wanting to quit by the fourth. Thad is a tad better imo but they’re close , same style.
I've watched him be fairly dominant at a high level in a big-time Ga. program because of his strengths - power and balance. That said, how concerning is the lack of acceleration?

Advertisement
I forget his recruitment, but how locked into UF was he?

I remember he was paired with another RB (Elijah Williams) who was also a big time recruit
Completely. The glades bag men (and a dude I know from Riviera Beach) had the muck locked down in those days. Taylor and R. Anthony were UF’s before their senior season.

Completely. The glades bag men (and a dude I know from Riviera Beach) had the muck locked down in those days. Taylor and R. Anthony were UF’s before their senior season.
If Taylor wasn’t a knucklehead at UF there’s no telling what he’d done there. That dude would’ve been kicked out of 90% of schools. Before his last year I was like “ how is this guy worth all this trouble”? Then 97 happened , and I was like “ oh” .

I've watched him be fairly dominant at a high level in a big-time Ga. program because of his strengths - power and balance. That said, how concerning is the lack of acceleration?
I care about acceleration and short bursts vs long speed at Rb. It matters , but his strengths are necessary as well. He’ll just make up for acceleration with stiff arms and running guys over to get to the second or third level. He’ll pound on a d then 4 or 2 will rip off runs because of it. There’s no one way to get it done at Rb.

Advertisement
I care about acceleration and short bursts vs long speed at Rb. It matters , but his strengths are necessary as well. He’ll just make up for acceleration with stiff arms and running guys over to get to the second or third level. He’ll pound on a d then 4 or 2 will rip off runs because of it. There’s no one way to get it done at Rb.

No kidding. Acceleration/burst are what matters. Long speed is hardly worth mentioning. In fact when I hear someone evaluating a prospect's "long speed," it's pretty obvious they aren't worth listening to.

If Taylor wasn’t a knucklehead at UF there’s no telling what he’d done there. That dude would’ve been kicked out of 90% of schools. Before his last year I was like “ how is this guy worth all this trouble”? Then 97 happened , and I was like “ oh” .
First time I watched him, it was in the jamboree against Lakes (coach Field was a TE on that team) and he had — no exaggeration —175 yards on 4 carries. Elite speed and acceleration and pound-for-pound one of the strongest guys in football. I think he broke some bench press records in high school. Knew him while he was at UF a bit and he was a complete ******* and a special level of dumb. You’re 100% right. If he had the work ethic of a Gore or even a drop of maturity, he may have given Emmitt Smith a run for his money.

Advertisement
First time I watched him, it was in the jamboree against Lakes (coach Field was a TE on that team) and he had — no exaggeration —175 yards on 4 carries. Elite speed and acceleration and pound-for-pound one of the strongest guys in football. I think he broke some bench press records in high school. Knew him while he was at UF a bit and he was a complete ******* and a special level of dumb. You’re 100% right. If he had the work ethic of a Gore or even a drop of maturity, he may have given Emmitt Smith a run for his money.
I always said if you built a Rb from scratch with every tangible he’s the guy. Big, fast , strong and could catch it. His explosion was unreal then mix in being huge. Ok, that’s enough slurping the gatuh lol.

Him and Thad give a different look to knighton and Cheney even tho Cheney can do all they both are speed and guys who make u miss those 2 punish u 4th quarter after chasing those 2 then boom Thad sits u on ur but and then boom brown blasts u backwards. All depending on our o line play of course tho

I always said if you built a Rb from scratch with every tangible he’s the guy. Big, fast , strong and could catch it. His explosion was unreal then mix in being huge. Ok, that’s enough slurping the gatuh lol.
Willis Mcgahee was Fred Taylor reincarnated. For the guys who didnt see Fred play.

Also found out from my old man that he is Bahamian recently. (We were watching I AM ATHLETE PODCAST) and my old man told me Fred said he was of Bahamian descent..so im bias to him. One of my favs to watch growing up..remember him killing the dolphins when the sprinklers came on during the playoffs.

Advertisement
Back