2020 S Daran Branch receives offer (commits!)

i like this kid...Ive stated his length is one of the reasons.. his athleticism is pretty good as being a laser 4.6 guy right now. He has the frame to be at 190-195 fairly easily. Also this gives us an "IN" at a school that will produce div 1 prospects. Kind of a no brainer imo.

Advertisement
i like this kid...Ive stated his length is one of the reasons.. his athleticism is pretty good as being a laser 4.6 guy right now. He has the frame to be at 190-195 fairly easily. Also this gives us an "IN" at a school that will produce div 1 prospects. Kind of a no brainer imo.

Gogeta this school spits out P5 products every year.The guy that " handles" all the kids around there doesn't have the love for LSU he once did because Orgeron hasn't shown him the same kind of love/respect lately( I call it kissing his ***) as Miles did.I think it's because LSU blames him for them losing Smith which I heard he had nothing to do with.

I said it when some thought we had a chance with Smith which we never did because of the bags being thrown around that we ought to be visiting Mr. Sanders barbershop on a regular basis.A few hefty "TIPS" to the guy would go a loooong way towards us getting some of that LA talent.

Advertisement
Saw him yesterday. Real rangy frame for a DB. I don’t know if he is a striker (his legs are tooth picks) but he passes the look test.
Agree with that 100%.

I've never felt he fit the mold of a Striker in our Defense, he's barely 170lbs & unless he plans on gaining 25-30lbs by next May-June I don't see him playing Striker here.

His tape is all DB, he plays CB & Safety, and has a very long armed wiry frame that translates to being a very good DB at the next level at a legit 6'1 with a 4.62 40 & 33inch vert.

I think he'll ultimately play Safety for us, but I'd love to see Rumph get a chance to develop him into a CB.

Agree with that 100%.

I've never felt he fit the mold of a Striker in our Defense, he's barely 170lbs & unless he plans on gaining 25-30lbs by next May-June I don't see him playing Striker here.

His tape is all DB, he plays CB & Safety, and has a very long armed wiry frame that translates to being a very good DB at the next level at a legit 6'1 with a 4.62 40 & 33inch vert.

I think he'll ultimately play Safety for us, but I'd love to see Rumph get a chance to develop him into a CB.

I know you're not as high on Washington. Do you think he could end up being the striker candidate from the current DB class?

I know you're not as high on Washington. Do you think he could end up being the striker candidate from the current DB class?
Yeah, that's exactly what he'll be if he ends up signing with us.

Washington is a Striker all the way, he's a Hybrid S/LB, he would do well in short area coverage as a Box S/LB but not rangy enough to play full time Safety.

Advertisement
Agree with that 100%.

Branch seems to be right up Rumphs alley as a cb. Bigger , physical cb’s that can rough guys off the line but can come up in support on the boundary.

Agree with that 100%.

Dude I’m torn on branch , I have a thing for taller cb’s with long *** arms. Long arms are so important , it’s like reach in boxing. I’m just not sure about his hips , speed is a little concern but more of the issue is hips.

Are you completely sold ?

Dude I’m torn on branch , I have a thing for taller cb’s with long *** arms. Long arms are so important , it’s like reach in boxing. I’m just not sure about his hips , speed is a little concern but more of the issue is hips.

Are you completely sold ?
That's why I said I think he ultimately plays Safety for us, he doesn't have the fluid hips & natural recovery movement you like to see from a Corner, but I trust Rumph's ability to coach him up if he were to play some CB.

His tape at FS is high level though, when he knows what he's doing with the play in front of him he can be a big time prototype Louisiana Safety.

He's a long stride runner, not really quick & explosive but is plenty fast straight line speed. At CB his technique would need a lot of work, his footwork isn't there yet, but at FS he could come in & be a contributor on ST's day 1.

At either spot he's got very good upside at the college level. He's the type of player that will play well above his HS rating, he's far from a finished product.

Advertisement

Our uniforms look great
ECAE420F-29DE-4036-B9A7-76D7759B0C4C.jpeg

Attachments

• 5025F19D-90C7-49E6-86A2-41055C1B0700.jpeg
    5025F19D-90C7-49E6-86A2-41055C1B0700.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back