2020 S Daran Branch receives offer (commits!)

Advertisement
The obvious counter to that is to make a Miami offer mean something by not just handing them out to everyone.

Miami offer always means something. No other school wants to see us return so anyone we offer gets attention and, if worthy, bigger bags just to keep them from us. They know what happens if we get a grip. If they forgot, 2017 reminded them just how fast we can catch fire and how god the fire gets when we do. I am in favor of refusing to offer kids from local school that always send thier studs to others. We can punish them for that and should. Kids want our offer even if they don’t want to come here.

Last edited:
My offer always means something. No other school wants to see us return so anyone we offer gets attention and, if worthy, bigger bags just to keep them from us. They know what happens if we get a grip. If they forgot, 2017 reminded them just how fast we can catch fire and how god the fire gets when we do. I am in favor of refusing to offer kids from local school that always send thier studs to others. We can punish them for that and should. Kids want our offer even if they don’t want to come here.

There has to be a delicate balance between giving out enough offers to fill the class, keeping the offers exclusive so they mean something, and showing coaches/kids we mean business by not offering kids we think are trying to clown us.

I was just pointing out that for every person who says they like that we're giving lots of offers, there's another who wants us to give fewer offers so they mean more to the kids who get them.

Advertisement
There has to be a delicate balance between giving out enough offers to fill the class, keeping the offers exclusive so they mean something, and showing coaches/kids we mean business by not offering kids we think are trying to clown us.

I was just pointing out that for every person who says they like that we're giving lots of offers, there's another who wants us to give fewer offers so they mean more to the kids who get them.

I have no problem with limiting our offers, I just don’t think giving out a bunch hurts thier value because of who we are. Heck, I want to use NOT making offer a tool to punish schools or coaches that send everyone elsewhere. I’m not talking the Randy thing of personal reprisal but rather selective strikes against places like U school when we couldn’t get anyone or AH lately.(except our next great DT).

Per Ivins

Attachments

• 886B02A3-5B6A-4E79-AA17-E6E12D28FF27.jpeg
    886B02A3-5B6A-4E79-AA17-E6E12D28FF27.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 267
Advertisement
putting db’s in the league means something apparently

Last edited:
He's LSU's if they want him obviously, but they have several DB's ahead of him right now they're after.

At Safety there's 4-star Eric Reed, 4-star Bud Clark, 4-star Major Burns (TAMU commit), 4-star Jordan Toles & 3-star Donovan Johnson.

At CB they already got 5-star Elias Ricks from Cali committed, they're after 4-star Dwight McGlothern from TX & lead for 4-star Lorando Johnson from TX.

So it comes down to who they get first or if they have room for him. Again he probably commits to LSU if they want him, but if LSU fills up their DB class Branch is a prospect we should keep in contact with down the line.

Thanks for the 411 on Branch El. Sounds and looks like a stud. Amite is a great feeder school to LSU is it not? Hopefully with all the DB talent in the local area plus what they’re looking at nationally that Branch slips under the radar, and loves his visit to Miami.

Advertisement
He's LSU's if they want him obviously, but they have several DB's ahead of him right now they're after.

At Safety there's 4-star Eric Reed, 4-star Bud Clark, 4-star Major Burns (TAMU commit), 4-star Jordan Toles & 3-star Donovan Johnson.

At CB they already got 5-star Elias Ricks from Cali committed, they're after 4-star Dwight McGlothern from TX & lead for 4-star Lorando Johnson from TX.

So it comes down to who they get first or if they have room for him. Again he probably commits to LSU if they want him, but if LSU fills up their DB class Branch is a prospect we should keep in contact with down the line.

In my mind I always assume LSU takes like 10 db’s every class lol

Advertisement
Huge pick up!

I know most of our fans probably think he's just waiting on a LSU offer but if you check page 1 on this thread, they have other players they're after on their board.

I think we can keep him throughout the year, either way good job by Coach Baker opening up a pipeline to Louisiana that can be a big time player in this scheme.

Welcome to the U! 🙌🏾🔥🔥🔥

Advertisement
Back