2020 S Daran Branch receives offer (commits!)

see my post in the other thread.

Most all these kids in Amite are looked after by Vincent Sanders.From all accounts he's a straight up guy who doesn't play the bag game and didn't have any part of the Smith bidding war and from what I heard doesn't have anything to do with DeVonte or his mom after all the sht went down with LSU ( who thought they had him to the point he was driving around in a yellow mustang) and Bama who gave the mom a house and smith a new Charger.

Kid can play and That school puts out a lot of ballers even though as LCE said LSU usually gets who they want .

Advertisement
see my post in the other thread.

Most all these kids in Amite are looked after by Vincent Sanders.From all accounts he's a straight up guy who doesn't play the bag game and didn't have any part of the Smith bidding war and from what I heard doesn't have anything to do with DeVonte or his mom after all the sht went down with LSU ( who thought they had him to the point he was driving around in a yellow mustang) and Bama who gave the mom a house and smith a new Charger.

Kid can play and That school puts out a lot of ballers even though as LCE said LSU usually gets who they want .
Only time will tell, but I think this kid wants to leave home & come ball out at a big program like ours.

He seems to have a Chip on his shoulder & I believe his connection with Coach Baker from the La Tech days is strong enough to keep him committed.

But then again, it's crootin' so you never know lol

Only time will tell, but I think this kid wants to leave home & come ball out at a big program like ours.

He seems to have a Chip on his shoulder & I believe his connection with Coach Baker from the La Tech days is strong enough to keep him committed.

I hope so kid can play.LSU can only take so many from around here and just like S.Fla. there's plenty of studs to go around.

Woukld love for us to open up a little SE La. pipeline.

It's been noted a few times today regarding Baker recruiting Branch from LaTech. Reminds me of the one recruit that followed Al Golden south to Miami. And he's still in the league. Just signed a new contract with the Giants.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There's a weird dichotomy with our fanbase. Some posters are scared LSU/Bama will offer, so we shouldnt take him. Others dont want him because he doesnt have a Bama/LSU offer yet.

People who have seen him live say he's a high upside player who looks like a 4* live and could very well get there after his senior season. He's a far better athlete than either Bermudez or Hodges, and I'll take a guy the 247 scouting director compares favorably to Michael Jackson.

Who knows if we can keep him but I dont see the downside in taking him now is. As always, the key is to keep recruiting other guys. You always have to have your next options ready to go.

Hopefully he comes to Paradise, has a great performance, and loves it here to erase any doubt

He's a strong safety type. Did not really see any plays attacking the ball in the air. I really like that his team played him at DE on several occasions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No problem with this commit. As I keep sayin, it’s about the evals and the plan. If they take his commitment this early, it ain’t a whiff/flail so it’s a clear eval. Time will tell if they’re good at it. But March commitments should be a positive. Means we want the kid, not just that we’re desperate and it’s January.

He's not a guy that flashes with explosive plays on tape. He has really nice physical traits. Plays sound. And seems to move really well in space. He's similar to Keshawn Washington, but looks a little better right now.

I think his movement in space is actually his greatest asset. His traits lend to position versatility. Solid take. Will be interesting to see what position he ends up playing at the next level.

Reminds me of Hannah on tape...I have to watch tape all the way through. I'm not sure he was a must get right now, but if you're looking for long arms and some versatility I can see why they took him. If it's for one spot, I personally would have gave it to Hanna, but as we've argued on this board I like Hanna seemingly more than others.

I definitely see striker here, but who knows...Maybe if we asked to do more as a safety he could. Athleticism isn't bad, and although he isn't making plays against the pass he doesn't look stiff either so he could translate to coverage or safety role.

Reminds me of Hannah on tape...I have to watch tape all the way through. I'm not sure he was a must get right now, but if you're looking for long arms and some versatility I can see why they took him. If it's for one spot, I personally would have gave it to Hanna, but as we've argued on this board I like Hanna seemingly more than others.

I definitely see striker here, but who knows...Maybe if we asked to do more as a safety he could. Athleticism isn't bad, and although he isn't making plays against the pass he doesn't look stiff either so he could translate to coverage or safety role.
Yea you seem to like Hanna more than most. I just dont see it

Advertisement
Back