2020 Recruiting.

Just confirmed, yes.

With Rodney, Nysier and Gak next season along with Sam, Anthony and Matt Cross, some may think it is not needed. I am not necessarily one of those people but playing time will be an issue due to the depth on the roster.

I am not concerned with playing time at all. I am concerned with bringing in talent.

Advertisement
Curbelo just finished a hearty meal with the Illinois coaches and whispers something to one of them, who makes an announcement. Everyone at the table is cheering wildly. Crystal-ballers will hear about this and make Curbelo a done-deal to Illinois.

What did he whisper, a young boy asks his daddy. Dad replies: "he said Illinois is one of his final two choices!"

Happy Halloween All!

Curbelo just finished a hearty meal with the Illinois coaches and whispers something to one of them, who makes an announcement. Everyone at the table is cheering wildly. Crystal-ballers will hear about this and make Curbelo a done-deal to Illinois.

What did he whisper, a young boy asks his daddy. Dad replies: "he said Illinois is one of his final two choices!"

Happy Halloween All!

LOL. Good one.

I wonder if Miami will visit him today since the basketball team has an off day. It could not hurt.

Just confirmed, yes.

With Rodney, Nysier and Gak next season along with Sam, Anthony and Matt Cross, some may think it is not needed. I am not necessarily one of those people but playing time will be an issue due to the depth on the roster.

Exactly why a traditional transfer makes the most sense.

Advertisement
Is Illinois supposed to be good? Thought they suck. How does a PR kid go to Illinois over a Florida school. It’s not like it was Louisville or something

Advertisement
Not good losing Curbelo to Illinois. Even worse is our board seems to be really thin. Who do we turn the heat up on now at PG?

Is Illinois supposed to be good? Thought they suck. How does a PR kid go to Illinois over a Florida school. It’s not like it was Louisville or something
Kid bonded big time with Illinois Asst Coach Orlando Antigua. Ex-Pitt player of note who is from the Dominican. Guess that's close enough.

Advertisement
Exactly why a traditional transfer makes the most sense.

I disagree. Transfers are a replacement if you are not able to build your program through incoming high school freshman. If this was year one through three then I would agree that transfers are the best way to build and experience early success for a basketball team. In year 9, a coaching staff should have enough in-state and out of state relationships built were they always have freshman coming into the program.

Adding transfers every year without freshman is like going to a check cashing place to cash your work check. Yes, it is a way to get paid but at some point, you should have a bank account and have direct deposit. Both will get you paid but one is a sign of your progression in your status.

Just my opinion.

There are still options available on the recruiting board:

Earl Timberlake SF (Already visited) committing soon
Kerwin Walton SG (planning to visit soon)
Dylan Cardwell C (Miami in his top 4 but he has not scheduled a visit)
Cliff Omoruyi C (Miami in his top 13 and he has shutdown recruiting until after the season)
Daniel Batcho F (Miami recently offered him a scholarship so his recruiting is in the early stages)

Miami still has 3 open scholarships left and I expect them to fill them with 3 of the 5 players on this list. Adding Earl Timberlake, Kerwin Walton and one of those bigs would still be a very good recruiting class.

Yes, it would have been nice to have Andre Curbelo committed to Miami and only two scholarships left but Miami still has options to make the 2020 recruiting class a good class.

Advertisement
This sucks. We needed a PG in this class

Timberlake is a must must get, although he isn't a PG.

Yes and no to the notion of this class needed a point guard by title. Even though I feel McGusty and Lykes will enter their names in the draft process (test the draft waters), they will be back at Miami next season along with Isaiah Wong. All three handle the ball well and they should improve this season on their decision making.

Earl Timberlake is wing player who also handles the ball well and he can facilitate the offense so yes, I would have preferred if Andre Curbelo would have committed to Miami but Miami still has guys who can facilitate the offense.

A point guard like Curbelo would have helped the guys who cannot create their own shot like Sam, Rodney, Nysier and Deng.

I think our having Lykes and Wong at the PG position was also a factor in Curbelo not choosing UM. A bit of a logjam there in terms of immediate PT. Not our biggest position of need.

I think our having Lykes and Wong at the PG position was also a factor in Curbelo not choosing UM. A bit of a logjam there in terms of immediate PT. Not our biggest position of need.

I agree. The thought is the Illinois pg is turning pro and Curbelo will be the starter next season. Atleast that is the sales pitch.

Advertisement
Back