2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement
To follow up Evan Daniels just put in the crystal ball for Curbelo to Illinois, basically confirming the inevitable with that recruitment

Interesting development and conflicting reports. This situation is still fluid so the longer it goes works in favor for Miami. Normally, if a visit is as great as people say, a player would commit within the same week.

The coaching staff really need to do a visit to both Earl Timberlake and Andre Curbelo now.

Let's see how this one plays out.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The coaching staff should probably visit him soon to confirm he is coming for his official visit in November. He visits Carolina this weekend but he is behind Bryce Thompson and Puff Johnson on the Carolina priority list.

Is an Earl Timberlake decision coming soon?

nrix1gnlbkzajsbunlje

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
EARL
TIMBERLAKE

6'5" | 205 LBS | SF
DEMATHA
HYATTSVILLE, MD
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Yes, I would expect a college decision from Earl Timberlake within the next week or so. He is down to a final five that consists of Miami, Pitt, Providence, Seton Hall and South Carolina.

Believe it or not, it remains difficult to select the leader for his services. At one point earlier this year, the thought was that South Carolina was out in front. Things have changed since then and in speaking with various coaching staffs, Miami, Pitt and Seton Hall are brought up the most often. Now, would I be shocked that, whenever it does come time to decide, Timberlake picks Providence? Not at all, but I am going to stick with my current Miami prediction with a commitment that could come at any moment.

Advertisement
Advertisement

If Unc lands Kerwin Walton is Ziaire Williams out? We know it’s either Bryce or Kerwin and not both.

It looks as if North Carolina will want to add two more players before they move on to the 2021 class.

Caleb Love and RJ Davis create a dynamic backcourt, and Walker Kessler and Day’Ron Sharpe will be one of the best frontline tandems in the sport next season. Where the Tar Heels go next should supply even greater offensive firepower to their backcourt with a scoring guard and a bigger wing.

Bryce Thompson and Kerwin Walton could potentially be fighting over the same scholarship. Walton just visited Chapel Hill over the weekend and will head to Miami and Cal the next two weeks before deciding. Thompson is done with his visits, and while UNC has remained strong in its pursuit, Kansas and Oklahoma may be difficult to beat.

On the wing, Ziaire Williams does not seem to be in much of a rush to make his college decision. North Carolina is the lone program not on the West Coast that is involved with him. Stanford and USC are among his other top suitors. Puff Johnson fits the mold of what the Tar Heels are searching for, too, and his visit to UNC this weekend could steer him away from Arizona. The Wildcats are the leader, but Johnson has always been intrigued by following in his brother’s footsteps and playing for Roy Williams.

Thompson and Williams would be the dream scenario for how the Heels fill out their 2020 class, but Walton and Johnson would also do.

Big news that Walton visited Carolina and he still plans to visit Miami. That is good news as most kids visit Carolina and commit within 7 days of the visit.

I don't know much about him but it is good that the coaches are still actively recruiting players to fill out all of the scholarships for next season.

Advertisement
My gut tells me we’re not in good shape with any real big men.

Just confirmed, yes.

With Rodney, Nysier and Gak next season along with Sam, Anthony and Matt Cross, some may think it is not needed. I am not necessarily one of those people but playing time will be an issue due to the depth on the roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back