2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement

Interesting development related to the Taggert firing that could benefit the basketball team. Malachi Wideman is a 4 star football and basketball player. He is a better football player but he could also play basketball in college. If he flips to Miami, he may also play basketball at Miami. Plus, he will be on a football scholarship, which makes football his priority but he could play a few games of basketball. He would not count as one of the 13 basketball scholarship allotment.

Last edited:

FIVE-STAR EARL TIMBERLAKE SET FOR MONDAY AFTERNOON DECISION

nrix1gnlbkzajsbunlje

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
EARL
TIMBERLAKE

6'5" | 205 LBS | SF
DEMATHA
HYATTSVILLE, MD
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Another five-star prospect will be coming off the board late Monday afternoon when Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha wing
Earl Timberlake announces his college decision.
A physically imposing wing who is among the country's top defenders and a tough finisher off the dribble, Timberlake has visited all of the schools --- Miami, Pittsburgh, Providence, Seton Hall and South Carolina -- that make up his Final Five.
So, where does he land? On Sunday I logged my FutureCast for Miami and that's where most of the people in recruiting circles are looking for him to end up.

Coach L said in last week's press conference that the team has not played good defense since Bruce Brown was on campus, Earl looks like someone who will improve Miami on both the offensive and defensive end of the court.

Advertisement

Cross looks really good here. Like really good. Automatic shooter. His clean stroke couple with his height, we're talking about a player who can hit the 3 like DJ but is at least half a foot taller. Also looks comfortable bringing the ball up the court and moving around the rim. What we all wanted Waardenburg to be.

dohply4oievpfpji23sz
Corey Evans • Basketball Recruiting
@coreyevans_10

Miami tapped back into the talented DMV region on Monday which became one of Jim Larranaga’s top recruiting wins to date. Five-star wing
Earl Timberlakeannounced his commitment to the Hurricanes, giving the Canes a versatile and tough-nosed weapon along the perimeter.

Timberlake chose Miami over Pitt, Providence, Seton Hall and South Carolina. He is rated as the 26th best prospect in the 2020 class, and as the fifth best small forward nationally. Attending the prestigious DeMatha Catholic High program, Timberlake joins junior standout
Chris Lykes in calling the region DMV region as home.
A 6-foot-5, strong and well-built wing that can arguably play all three positions in the backcourt, toughness will never be lacking with Timberlake. He is a well-rounded playmaker that can be used on and off of the ball. The lefty is ready-to-go perimeter defender that is one of the top competitors in his class.

Not a great perimeter shooter, Timberlake is a more than capable mid-range scorer that can create for others and himself. A top standout on the Nike EYBL circuit this summer, Timberlake showed the ability to flourish in whichever role that he was placed. He posted per-game averages of 18.3 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 2.4 assists.
He becomes Miami’s first five-star commitment since
Lonnie Walkerpledged to the program three years ago. Next fall, four-star forward
Matt Cross will join Timberlake at Miami which creates a top-25 recruiting class entering the early signing period next week.

Advertisement
Timberlake just committed to UM.

Josh White

@_JoshRWhite

·
39s

"I chose [Miami] because of the rich tradition for guards my size. And I feel like this is the best place for me to develop and help achieve my long-term goal." - Earl Timberlake
Quote Tweet

AIoqIJBh_normal.jpg

Josh White

@_JoshRWhite
· 3m
2020 consensus top-35 recruit Earl Timberlake (@easyyyooo) commits to Miami. Timberlake picks UM over Pitt, Providence, Seton Hall & South Carolina. The 6-foot-6, 215-pound forward, who is a five-star prospect by Rivals, attends Dematha Catholic in MD.

Advertisement
Projected roster for the 2020-21 season:

Projected Starters
PG Chris Lykes, SG Harlond Beverly, SG Kam McGusty, Stretch F Sam Wardeenburg and C Rodney Miller. Remember, Coach L favors experience.

Bench
PG Isaiah Wong, SF Earl Timberlake, SF Matt Cross, F Anthony Walker, PF Deng Gak and C Nysier Brooks.
Actually, Beverly and Timberlake could switch.

2 Scholarships left for next season. Miami is waiting on SG Kerwin Walton to schedule an official visit and they are also recruiting C Cliff Omoruyi, C Dylan Cardwell and PF Daniel Batcho.

Who do you fee are the next two as far as priorities for the last two scholarships? My vote goes to SG Kerwin Walton and C Cliff Omoruyi as they are the two best players available but the question then becomes, does Miami have enough playing time for them. A good problem to have.

Advertisement
Who really knows but we need a big man.

I agree but is it a big who will play immediately like Cliff Omoruyi or a potential redshirt player like Daniel Batcho or Dylan Cardwell? With Miller and Brooks still on the roster, minutes become an issue.

Advertisement
Back