2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We may just have to accept that this is the roster we're going into the season with.

1. Chris Lykes 5'9
2. Kameron Mcgusty 6'4
3. Isaiah Wong 6'3
4. Nysier Brooks 6'9
5. Rodney Miller 7'0

6. Harlond Beverly 6'5
7. Deng Gak 6'10
8. Sam Waardenburg 6'9
9. Earl Timberlake 6'6
10. Matt Cross 6'6
11. Anthony Walker 6'9

This team will be good enough to finish in the top half of the ACC. Another early NCAA exit.

We need 3-4 commits in the 2021 class.

Advertisement
We may just have to accept that this is the roster we're going into the season with.

1. Chris Lykes 5'9
2. Kameron Mcgusty 6'4
3. Isaiah Wong 6'3
4. Nysier Brooks 6'9
5. Rodney Miller 7'0

6. Harlond Beverly 6'5
7. Deng Gak 6'10
8. Sam Waardenburg 6'9
9. Earl Timberlake 6'6
10. Matt Cross 6'6
11. Anthony Walker 6'9

This team will be good enough to finish in the top half of the ACC. Another early NCAA exit.

We need 3-4 commits in the 2021 class.

Never settle.
In fairness, you lose 5 seniors and if the plan is to add 3 or 4 players then you will only have 10 scholarship players max for the 2021-22 season.
Let's see if the staff adds two of the reclassified kids from 2021 with the last two scholarships for this season and the expectation should be to replace the 5 seniors with 5 incoming freshman for the 2021-22 season.
Honestly and this is not a shot at you. I am tired of the one good season and wait three years to rebuild for another one mentality.
Miami needs to experience a run of sustained success. That happens when you use all of your scholarships every year to ensure you have plenty of talent and depth on your roster to compete at the highest level.

Never settle.
In fairness, you lose 5 seniors and if the plan is to add 3 or 4 players then you will only have 10 scholarship players max for the 2021-22 season.
Let's see if the staff adds two of the reclassified kids from 2021 with the last two scholarships for this season and the expectation should be to replace the 5 seniors with 5 incoming freshman for the 2021-22 season.
Honestly and this is not a shot at you. I am tired of the one good season and wait three years to rebuild for another one mentality.
Miami needs to experience a run of sustained success. That happens when you use all of your scholarships every year to ensure you have plenty of talent and depth on your roster to compete at the highest level.
I agree that this would be a good time to bring in 5 guys. I just don't see it happening. Coach L was willing to bring in 5 players in one class only once since he's been here. Realistically you'll only get value out of half of them. He's brought 4 in on a few occasions.

Wouldn't mind seeing him recruit a few more local projects.

I agree that this would be a good time to bring in 5 guys. I just don't see it happening. Coach L was willing to bring in 5 players in one class only once since he's been here. Realistically you'll only get value out of half of them. He's brought 4 in on a few occasions.

Wouldn't mind seeing him recruit a few more local projects.

We are on the same page. I agree with everything you said.
An interesting question is what is the role of assistant coach Bill Courtney?
I know Coach Caputo is the defensive coordinator and he recruits the DMV area mostly. While Coach Fisher is the offensive coordinator and he recruits the state of Pennsylvania mostly.
It has not been stated where Coach Courtney focuses his recruiting efforts nor his role on the team?
I am not speaking bad about him but I think if he would focus on recruiting in the state of Florida then Miami would not have the depth issues that impacted the team for the past two seasons.

Advertisement
We are on the same page. I agree with everything you said.
An interesting question is what is the role of assistant coach Bill Courtney?
I know Coach Caputo is the defensive coordinator and he recruits the DMV area mostly. While Coach Fisher is the offensive coordinator and he recruits the state of Pennsylvania mostly.
It has not been stated where Coach Courtney focuses his recruiting efforts nor his role on the team?
I am not speaking bad about him but I think if he would focus on recruiting in the state of Florida then Miami would not have the depth issues that impacted the team for the past two seasons.

courtney does the scouting of opponents.

Of course he recruits all the coaches do let’s use some common sense

Former assistant coach Pooh Williamson was suppose to be a midwest recruiter.
Even Coach L has the Northeast as his recruiting focus area.
I am asking where is his focused area?
If he does not have one, in-state recruiting would be a good place to start.

Advertisement
Back