2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement

The good news is that he has been contacted by Miami. I don't know if he was offered a scholarship or not but we should know more in a week or two.

I mean we would be idiots not to offer him a scholarship, he's what we need right now and he would get minutes right away. I'm setting myself up for disappointment but adding this guy to Timberlake and Cross, plus our young core of Wong, Beverly, and Walker, we would have talent as every position for years to come.

I mean we would be idiots not to offer him a scholarship, he's what we need right now and he would get minutes right away. I'm setting myself up for disappointment but adding this guy to Timberlake and Cross, plus our young core of Wong, Beverly, and Walker, we would have talent as every position for years to come.

No, that is a smart strategy. I called it sustained success. It would be very wise for our coaches to use those last two scholarships on two prep bigs.
That would then give Miami 8 returning players for the 2021-22 season instead of the 6 we have right now. Along with 5 freshmen.
My only warning to you is that Coach L does not have a history of playing freshman bigs a lot of minutes. Remember how fast Dewan got his minutes reduced and he is the most heralded and talent big Miami had had under Coach L. Plus, with 5 seniors on the roster, Coach L is going to play those guys more than you would probably prefer.
Expect more 2021 kids to reclassify to the 2020 class so Frank is the first but probably not the last.

Now this leaves Dylan Cardwell and Frank Anslem.
I wanted Batcho because he is from France and he played with Moussa Diabate (2021 prospect) on the National team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Olivier Sarr entered the portal with Manning's firing:

"Sarr, a 7-foot France native, will become the top available transfer this spring. He earned third-team All-ACC honors last season after averaging 13.7 points and 9.0 rebounds for the Demon Deacons. Sarr tallied 11 double-doubles, ..."

Olivier Sarr entered the portal with Manning's firing:

"Sarr, a 7-foot France native, will become the top available transfer this spring. He earned third-team All-ACC honors last season after averaging 13.7 points and 9.0 rebounds for the Demon Deacons. Sarr tallied 11 double-doubles, ..."

In a second.

Advertisement
Back