2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement
April 15th is the first day of the late signing period as long as it is not effected by the Corona virus lip

Another issue is that teams cannot do any official visits on campus. I know Dylan Cardwell has already visited but Daniel Batcho has not.
Are those pretty much the only two high school guys that are actually considering us?

Advertisement
April 15th is the first day of the late signing period as long as it is not effected by the Corona virus.
Timberlake is the cornerstone of this class. I'll feel better when he signs.

I could see the Covid 19 thing playing with the heads of many recruits and their families, from the standpoint of wanting to maybe stay closer to home.

Timberlake is the cornerstone of this class. I'll feel better when he signs.

I could see the Covid 19 thing playing with the heads of many recruits and their families, from the standpoint of wanting to maybe stay closer to home.

I thought the same thing but the transfer portal has changed my mind. The fact that these kids are entering the portal and some have committed to schools with even visiting means playing time and fit come first.
The interesting part is that I have not seen Miami mentioned with too many kids. Just one actually and they did not offer him a scholarship. So either they feel it is early in the process and they are waiting or they will use the scholarships on high school seniors.
I hope the plan is not to stay at 11 players.

2. SOTTO A NO GO

e7bee2ts6dtvdribvpbo

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
KAI
SOTTO

RANK
N/A
7'1" | 215 LBS | C
THE SKILL FACTORY PREP
ATLANTA, GA
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Is it going to be Auburn? DePaul? Georgia Tech? Kentucky? USC? A wildcard school? Maybe none of the group. The ongoing recruiting process of this winter’s breakout, Kai Sotto, might not be won by a school at all.

Sotto, a star in his native Philippines who boasts over 140,000 followers on Instagram, made the move to the United States in the fall. Since then, he has made some entertaining mix tapes that have earned a huge following of fans and also made for major interest from the college coaching side. However, the chances of seeing Sotto on a college basketball court might be lower than previously believed.

Sources have told Rivals.com that Sotto is leaning toward skipping college entirely and instead training for the 2021 NBA Draft. If Sotto chose to attend the Skills Factory in Atlanta, he would not be the first to decide on such a route. Last summer, top-50 wing Marjon Beauchamp made a similar decision by declining the college path. Once he graduates in the spring, he will begin a 12-month training program with Chameleon BX.

Maybe Sotto ultimately decides against such a decision and makes a college fan base excited for its late-year addition. While Sotto does need further on-court experience, this decision could be another case of a highly touted prospect going against the grain and choosing a route other than college during his time between the prep ranks and the NBA Draft.

We should be looking at him. I dont get it

Advertisement

We should be looking at him. I dont get it

From what I read, either he or his advisory team want him to be a one and done so if he goes to college, he needs to start and be showcased to the NBA.
Honestly, IMO. He is not a one and done impact NBA player.

From what I read, either he or his advisory team want him to be a one and done so if he goes to college, he needs to start and be showcased to the NBA.
Honestly, IMO. He is not a one and done impact NBA player.

That's what they want but not the family. They want him to get an education.

It would be nice if Miami plays Rutgers in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

Advertisement
Coach L still taking Ls on the recruiting trail for big men. Really hope Brooks is the answer.

For next season, we all hope Brooks, Miller and Gak combination will be the answer at the 5.
Coach L still has two scholarships left to use on two high school bigs. Dylan Cardwell and Daniel Batcho are still available. Both are 6'10 and around 220 lbs.

For next season, we all hope Brooks, Miller and Gak combination will be the answer at the 5.
Coach L still has two scholarships left to use on two high school bigs. Dylan Cardwell and Daniel Batcho are still available. Both are 6'10 and around 220 lbs.
We need big men no doubt, but signing bodies for the sake of just having bodies is how you end up with players like Waardenburg and Miller.

We need big men no doubt, but signing bodies for the sake of just having bodies is how you end up with players like Waardenburg and Miller.

It is more of a skill development issue at this point. Sam and Rodney have not developed and Coach L is loyal to his players so expect them to start next season.
Getting good bigs requires our offense to allow our bigs to do more than set screens and watch the guards dribble the basketball.

Advertisement
It is more of a skill development issue at this point. Sam and Rodney have not developed and Coach L is loyal to his players so expect them to start next season.
Getting good bigs requires our offense to allow our bigs to do more than set screens and watch the guards dribble the basketball.
They haven't developed because their ceilings were as low as a crawl space coming in. Their athletic profiles were terrible. The reason a player like Buka or Jekiri were able to at least make positive impacts on the team and appeared to have developed is because physically the belonged on a Power 5 roster. Miller does not. It's debatable with Waardenburg at this point as well because of how soft he his. I am not a fan of just taking a big because we have one and there's an open scholarship.

They haven't developed because their ceilings were as low as a crawl space coming in. Their athletic profiles were terrible. The reason a player like Buka or Jekiri were able to at least make positive impacts on the team and appeared to have developed is because physically the belonged on a Power 5 roster. Miller does not. It's debatable with Waardenburg at this point as well because of how soft he his. I am not a fan of just taking a big because we have one and there's an open scholarship.

It is really two parts. You have to understand what is the players skillset and how well you develop talent along with how well your strength and conditioning coach can change a player's body.
The most successful bigs at Miami under Coach L were 6'10 and over 230 lbs.
You have to narrow it down to a particular height, weight and skillset.

Miller was a consensus top 100 player as a recruit and Waardenburg was a top 150 player and one of the best prospects in New Zealand. This is an awful take

Miller was a consensus top 100 player as a recruit and Waardenburg was a top 150 player and one of the best prospects in New Zealand. This is an awful take
Miller was overrated because of the high school he went to, and his offer list was terrible. He also wasn't a consensus top 100 player.

Waardenburg was top 150, but we were somehow his only offer.

Advertisement
Back