C: Cliff Omoruyi
PF: Daniel Batcho
PF: JaQUan Scott

Florida Players to Consider (Perhaps to Redshirt):

SG: Devin Carter
SG: Roger McFarlan
SG: Tony Sanders

What do you think about this?

With 11 players already on the roster with 10 guys who should play every game, the last two scholarships should be used on players who will take a year to redshirt and prepare to play the following season?

I ruled out transfers since transfers may be able to play immediately without sitting out.

I'd use the two schollys on two bigs who could put Sam and Miller into a reserve role. I know that's pretty much an impossibility at this point but ...

I'd use the two schollys on two bigs who could put Sam and Miller into a reserve role. I know that's pretty much an impossibility at this point but ...

In fairness, it is not an impossibility. Coach L is loyal to those guys so they will play. I actually think Walker could be out Sam at some point next season but Rodney and Sam will start.
Coach L is what he is. He loves seniors.

Advertisement

Miami should start redshirting bigs as freshman. A redshirt year can turn a 3 star player into a 4 star by his senior year if done correctly. The only difference in a 3 star and a 4 star player is how soon and how much they can contribute to your team.

MIAMI
The Hurricanes made three-straight NCAA Tournaments between 2016 and 2018 before taking a step back in 2019. It’s been another tough year in 2020 but there’s plenty of reason to be optimistic in Coral Gables. Of their top seven scorers, only guard Dejan Vasilijevic is a senior. Leading scorer
Chris Lykes could be one of the most dynamic scorers in the ACC next season and freshman guards Isaiah Wong and Harlond Beverly have both had flashes of future brilliance.
On the recruiting front, five-star wing Earl Timberlake is a true tail-kicker on both ends and four-star forward Matt Cross is both skilled and tough.

Two bigs (Dylan Cardwell and Daniel Batcho) would complete and make this recruiting class better.

2. SOTTO A NO GO

e7bee2ts6dtvdribvpbo

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
KAI
SOTTO

RANK
N/A
7'1" | 215 LBS | C
THE SKILL FACTORY PREP
ATLANTA, GA
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Is it going to be Auburn? DePaul? Georgia Tech? Kentucky? USC? A wildcard school? Maybe none of the group. The ongoing recruiting process of this winter’s breakout, Kai Sotto, might not be won by a school at all.

Sotto, a star in his native Philippines who boasts over 140,000 followers on Instagram, made the move to the United States in the fall. Since then, he has made some entertaining mix tapes that have earned a huge following of fans and also made for major interest from the college coaching side. However, the chances of seeing Sotto on a college basketball court might be lower than previously believed.

Sources have told Rivals.com that Sotto is leaning toward skipping college entirely and instead training for the 2021 NBA Draft. If Sotto chose to attend the Skills Factory in Atlanta, he would not be the first to decide on such a route. Last summer, top-50 wing Marjon Beauchamp made a similar decision by declining the college path. Once he graduates in the spring, he will begin a 12-month training program with Chameleon BX.

Maybe Sotto ultimately decides against such a decision and makes a college fan base excited for its late-year addition. While Sotto does need further on-court experience, this decision could be another case of a highly touted prospect going against the grain and choosing a route other than college during his time between the prep ranks and the NBA Draft.

Advertisement

Ok. April 15th is when on and off campus visits can occur. Phone calls are still permissible.
I hope Coach L does not use the Coronavirus as the reason they did not fill those last two scholarships.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back