RANK
N/A
6'8" | 210 LBS | PF
UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Who needs to keep him home? Miami
The competition: Barnes has a final eight, but Florida State, Kansas, Ohio State and Oregon look to be the biggest competition.
Why he’s so important? Barnes is a top 10 player from the Miami area who could give the Hurricanes a multiple position playmaker on both ends of the floor unlike any they’ve had in quite some time. The Hurricanes have done well finding and developing talent, but they’d love to send a message by landing an impact guy such as Barnes from their own back yard.

Advertisement

h6fdimkdmkdwn1w44wpg

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
SCOTTIE
BARNES

RANK
N/A
6'8" | 210 LBS | PF
UNIVERSITY SCHOOL
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Who needs to keep him home? Miami
The competition: Barnes has a final eight, but Florida State, Kansas, Ohio State and Oregon look to be the biggest competition.
Why he’s so important? Barnes is a top 10 player from the Miami area who could give the Hurricanes a multiple position playmaker on both ends of the floor unlike any they’ve had in quite some time. The Hurricanes have done well finding and developing talent, but they’d love to send a message by landing an impact guy such as Barnes from their own back yard.

Is this actually a realistic outcome?

Advertisement

From Arkansas but he played at Montverde with Harlond Beverly. I am not sure why it took this long to offer.

Another case of us being late to the game. He already has offers from UF, FSU, Arkansas, Baylor, and many other good P5 programs. Now we have an uphill battle to climb.

We should offer Scottie Barnes best friend and hope he plays basketball as well to get him to come here. We don’t use all our scholarships anyway.

Another case of us being late to the game. He already has offers from UF, FSU, Arkansas, Baylor, and many other good P5 programs. Now we have an uphill battle to climb.

I agree. He played at Montverde with Harlond Beverly so I am not sure how they were just focused on Harlond Beverly and not other players on the team. I am not sure if Miami offered Cade Cunningham but they should have.

Regardless, I think Moody ends up at Arkansas.

We should offer Scottie Barnes best friend and hope he plays basketball as well to get him to come here. We don’t use all our scholarships anyway.

Who is his best friend? Do you think signing Jamille Reynolds would help since they both play on the same travel team (NightRydas)?

Advertisement

I find it interesting that Miami does not currently have an assistant coach at the FIBA U19 games considering Scottie Barnes, Andre Curbelo and Victor Rosa are playing in the games.

LYNN GREER SCHEDULES HIS FIRST OFFICIAL VISIT

sx5dbs5cxghod3grizx3

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
LYNN
GREER III

6'1" | 160 LBS | PG
ROMAN CATHOLIC
PHILADELPHIA , PA
CLASS OF 2020

There was some talk earlier this spring that Greer was close to making his college decision. That still might be the case but that would also mean he would have to cancel a visit that he has planned. On Sept. 7, Florida will host the Rivals150 product. Miami, Temple and Villanova are three others in the picture. The local powers have a better chance than others, but Florida needs more guards, an opportunity that could weigh on Greer’s mind whenever it comes time to decide.

COACHES COME OUT IN DROVES FOR LANCE WARE

yd9diflffgnkpoucd3vt

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
LANCE
WARE

6'9" | 205 LBS | PF
BIG PICTURE LEARNING ACADEMY
CAMDEN, NJ
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Ware is expected to trim his list soon. The four-star forward has become much more consistent with his game and numbers which has made him a top target for some of the top programs along the East Coast. Head coaches from DePaul, Miami, North Carolina and Villanova came out to see Ware this week, with a number of other high-major assistants spotted at his games in Philadelphia. The lefty has become a Tar Heel target and while an offer has not been extended just yet, it would not be a surprise if he lands one next month.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

bqpjrdnqpaucywxdhojl

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
LANCE
WARE

6'9" | 205 LBS | PF
BIG PICTURE LEARNING ACADEMY
CAMDEN, NJ
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Why he's rising: OK, here's the exception. Ware isn't an off-the-radar guy. He's been well known for some time. But, I received more phone calls asking for information about Ware than any other player over the course of the past few weeks. Ware is mobile, quick and skilled and has really started to figure out ways to score on the interior without floating to the perimeter. His recruitment is about to go crazy.
Current recruitment: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, Ohio State, Pitt, Providence, Seton Hall, Temple, Virginia Tech and Wake Foresthave offered. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina, among others, have watched recently and may be entering the mix soon.

10 recruits Miami should focus on for the 2020 recruiting class:

Point guard:

Shooting guard:

Small forward:

Power forward:

Center:

So far, only Matt Cross has taken an official visit to Miami.

Last edited:

1. Matt Cross is a busy man

Rpdiqsbzhkf3r40lfg5c

Matt Cross (Jon Lopez/Nike)

k1mdzciiphlhlrompobl

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
MATT
CROSS

6'8" | 225 LBS | PF
BREWSTER ACADEMY
WOLFEBORO, NH
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

I thought that I was a busy man last month, but then I heard Matt Cross's itinerary, I didn’t feel as bad. Whether it was finishing up his junior year at Woodstock Academy, taking a handful of official visits or competing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp, it was a hectic few weeks for one of the spring’s greatest stock-boosters.

A 6-foot-7 forward that fits the small ball 4-man role to a tee, Cross has never struggled to land quality, high-major scholarship offers. He had a good winter with his high school team, but it wasn’t until he dominated the Nike EYBL circuit this spring that really put things into hyperdrive.
Within the past six weeks, Cross has taken official visits to Butler, Indiana and South Carolina, squeezing in all three during his junior year. He just finished an official visit to Miami that counts towards his senior year, leaving four more available. Cross could potentially take official visits to Florida, Iowa and/or Texas A&M. However, none have been scheduled and he could decide that he has seen all that needs to and end his recruitment. He told Rivals.com that he plans on committing in August. There is no leader for him as it is a neck-and-neck affair between the four that have already hosted him. Wherever he does land, one should expect for a ready-made contributor in the frontcourt that competes with a steady motor, can make shots to the perimeter, and rebound at a good rate, adding up to what would be a tremendous addition for any of those involved.

Advertisement
Back