2020 Recruiting.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...on-2020-talk-and-what-s-next-for-boogie-ellis

If you were a college coach and were targeting one player in the 2020 class, who would it be?

Evans: This might sound a bit crazy but I would take four-star Andre Curbelo . We have seen just how important it is to have an efficient lead guard that can create for others, have a consistent approach and can defend their ground in the backcourt. Curbelo personifies each trait perfectly and his value is even more important because he is not a one-and-done type, nor is he even a two-and-done sort of prospect, but rather will have a multiple-year stay in college but produce from the get-go. He raises the ceiling for his team and betters his teammates each time out which is why his recruitment is expanding by the day.

Miami just offered and the new staff at St. John’s will be doing all that they can to attain his commitment. Florida, Pitt, and South Carolina are just a few others that continue to track the NY Jayhawks product heavily, though a commitment remains out of sight.

Advertisement
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ten-takeaways-from-the-under-armour-association

John Ojiako is one of the best kept secrets in America
nzgb686grcafkiijdag1

JOHN
OJIAKO

6'9" | 209 LBS | PF
ADMIRAL FARRAGUT ACADEMY
ST. PETERSBURG, FL
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Ojiako is one of the top names that come to mind as to who might break out the next time college coaches can get back out onto the road. Virginia Tech is the lone power conference program to offer. That will change. Ojiako is long, strong, has a good motor and rebounds. He has the chance to earn a slot in the Rivals150 before the 2020 rankings are completed a year from now.

A big recruiting class in 2020 should be the plan. To do so, the coaching staff should be focused on adding grad transfers to have multiple scholarships available for 2020.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...Pennsylvania-standout-Puff-Johnson-131997940/

As for other schools Johnson is considering, he said, “I was just at Miami the other day. I’ve been to Pitt and Penn State. I will take one to Michigan soon and Notre Dame, just the schools that offered like Alabama.

“(The Miami visit) was good. They have a great campus. They have a great coaching staff with Coach Larranaga. He said the game is changing for guys like me who can play all five positions and also step out and make threes. He just wants a player who can be plug-and-play at any of the five positions.”

Advertisement
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-eybl-indianapolis-awards

THE BALANCING ACT: ISAIAH TODD

rqyeeny5fcoxspo4kusr

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
ISAIAH
TODD

RANK
N/A
6'10" | 210 LBS | PF
TRINITY
RALEIGH, NC
CLASS OF 2020

The award: One of the toughest things for a prospect - especially an elite one who people want to tug at - is to balance playing your game with what is best for your future. It can often be difficult, but after watching Todd over the weekend, it really looks like he has found the right balance of playing on the block, facing the hoop and knowing when to do what. His effort and playmaking were tremendous during a key Sunday game, and with 17.4 points and 9.4 rebounds per game, nobody can knock his production.

His recruitment: Baylor, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Miami, Memphis, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, Wake Forest and many more are among those involved in what is currently a pretty wide-open recruitment.

Rumor has it Isaiah Todd is moving down to south Florida for senior year of high school. Don't think we get him but couldn't hurt if its true

Rumor has it Isaiah Todd is moving down to south Florida for senior year of high school. Don't think we get him but couldn't hurt if its true

I would guess he would be attending University School with Scottie Barnes. I see him going to Kentucky but relocating to South Florida can only help Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-a-dozen-spring-stock-boosters

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content/prospects/236677/embed

JOSH
HALL

RANK
N/A
6'9" | 190 LBS | SF
MORAVIAN PREP ACADEMY
HICKORY, NC
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

Recruitment: Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Maryland, Miami, NC State, Pittsburgh, Texas, Virginia Tech and Xavier have all offered since early April.
Why he could rise: The secret is starting to get out on Hall and after just cracking the 2020 Rivals150 in the winter he has moved up some thanks to players reclassifying. Pushing 6-foot-9 he has a pure jump shot, moves effortlessly around the perimeter with the ball and looks to have a very high ceiling. He's in position to contend for five-star status.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content/prospects/213319/embed
inwtj0wsf2lopldqn7m2

DONOVAN
JOHNSO
N

Recruitment: Arizona, Auburn, Cincinnati, Illinois, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh and TCU have all offered in the last two months.

Why he could rise: When you can shoot it from deep like "Puff" can, you are going to attract a crowd. It doesn't seem like he's missed a jump shot in the past few months and he's got some crafty offensive game to go along with hit. His older brother Cameron Johnson
was a late bloomer who developed into a legitimate NBA prospect at UNC and little bro is way ahead at this point in his development.

Advertisement

Bump 'N Grind: Clifford Omoruyi

xbgxcdo3zpnosos31lde

CLIFFORD
OMORUYI

6'10" | 230 LBS | C
ROSELLE CATHOLIC
ROSELLE, NJ
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

The award: I didn't see many guys who appeared to enjoy creating contact on either end of the floor. Omoruyi has a lean strength about him and will be a monster after a college weight room. His energy was great, he rebounded, finished when he got chances and showed improving hands.
The recruitment: Kentucky offered earlier in the spring joining the likes of Florida, Illinois, Miami, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia and more.

Prettiest Jumper: Josh Hall

l3xso7mvwbotw6tasouy

JOSH
HALL

6'9" | 190 LBS | SF
MORAVIAN PREP ACADEMY
HICKORY, NC
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

The award: This one is right to the point and Hall had the best-looking jumper I saw at Pangos Camp. I just wish I had gotten to see a bit more of it but unfortunately he wasn't feeling the love from his teammates. As smooth as he shoots it from distance, it's hard not to see some flashes of young Joe Johnson (or Rodney Hood) in his game.

The recruitment: Florida, Kansas, Maryland, Miami, N.C. State, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh, Providence, Rutgers, Tennessee, Texas and more are giving heavy chase.

Matt Cross and Anthony Leal are the two to watch. Cross took his first official visit to Indiana this past weekend and Archie Miller and his staff have made him a top priority this spring. Cross told Rivals.com last week that he is in no rush to make a college decision but getting him onto campus before anyone else is a major step in the right direction. He will take official visits to Miami and South Carolina in the coming weeks, and a variety of programs up and down the East Coast continue to recruit him.

Leal, the top local product, took another unofficial visit to campus last week. The close proximity to the program and the fact that it was his favorite school growing up definitely helps, but many believed that an IU offer would have been immediately followed by a commitment. That was not the case and Leal has been adamant about waiting the process out but, ultimately, Indiana is the team to beat and should win out whenever things finally do complete.

Advertisement
Back