2020 Recruiting.

Advertisement

One of Miami's targets for the 2020 class. He may stay in Texas for college. Jamille Reynolds would be a good alternative, plus he is a Florida kid.

Advertisement
PG Andre Curbelo, SF Scottie Barnes, F/C Jamille Reynolds and C Elijah Hutchins-Everett would be a good recruiting class for 2020.

This is my June prediction and it is subject to change.

BEST PLAYMAKER

okzwdfj3roblvqwhvmzu

ANDRE
CURBELO

6'0" | 170 LBS | PG
LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN
GLEN HEAD, NY
CLASS OF 2020

Arguably one of the very best college-ready guards in the high school game, Curbelo is known, first and foremost, for his speed and for just how hard he plays. However, it was nice to see Curbelo grow even more into a playmaking role. His change of gears and abilities off of the high ball screen are second to none.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty alarming that this is the first recruit to visit for the 2020 class, but better late than never. I like his film, would be a great get.

Advertisement
I REALLY would like to know the rationale for all these prospects to view UM as an undesirable school/location. You'd think the opposite would be true, but ...

If they don't want to visit/don't end up signing, I'd like Coach L to divulge what they are telling him and his staff as to "why." What is "killing us" with HS recruits? For the past 30+ years (with a couple notable exceptions). Hardly a recent state of affairs.

Last edited:
Pretty alarming that this is the first recruit to visit for the 2020 class, but better late than never. I like his film, would be a great get.

Yes and no. It varies with each school as some school have had kids on campus for unofficial visits. Auburn had a recruiting weekend with multiple prospects from 2020 and 2021 on campus at the same time. I think Auburn is planning on doing another weekend like that in the fall.

That is something Miami needs to try. IMO.

I REALLY would like to know the rationale for all these prospects to view UM as an undesirable school/location. You'd think the opposite would be true, but ...

If they don't want to visit/don't end up signing, I'd like Coach L to divulge what they are telling him and his staff as to "why." What is "killing us" with HS recruits? For the post 30+ years (with a couple notable exceptions). Hardly a recent state of affairs.

I have read that part of the recruiting strategy is to target kids in the NE, DMV and Philadelphia area to sell them on coming to Miami for the warm weather.

The obvious omission is selling more kids from the state of Florida on staying home and playing basketball in the best college basketball conference in America.

The coaching staff cast a pretty wide net (40 offers approximately per year) however they need to focus more on the kids from the state of Florida. IMO.

Advertisement
Back