2020 Recruiting.

Miami is not in the final 5 for Cliff Omoruyi. That now leaves Dylan Cardwell and Daniel Batcho on the board.

Rodney and Nysier leave after next season and Deng Gak after that so two bigs are definitely needed this year.

Not that it really matters because he's terrible, but Gak will almost certainly qualify for a medical redshirt if he wants one. In all likelihood, he has 3 years left.

Advertisement
Not that it really matters because he's terrible, but Gak will almost certainly qualify for a medical redshirt if he wants one. In all likelihood, he has 3 years left.

In fairness, you make a valid point. My point is more about the level of production or lack there of from Deng Gak. Gak has been at Miami for 3 years and he has not played 20 games.
Gak should be viewed as roster depth and not a starter.
That is why those last two scholarships have to be used on two big men. IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope so but Coach L tends to make freshman come off the bench to the start the season. Although I would not mind a grad transfer wing as well.

Miami has plenty of options on the perimeter and with 5 seniors already on the roster, adding another senior only put more pressure on the staff to fill those scholarships.

Normally, I would agree with adding a grad transfer but this year is the rare exception due to the current state of the roster.

Advertisement
This whole thread has devolved to Earl Timberlake highlights and recruits telling us to kick rocks.

Advertisement

Updated ESPN rankings

If my research is accurate (the data is a bit muddy) he went from 28 to 29th to 38th and now to 32nd. Glad to see him move up. I was bit disappointed when I watched his big game a month or so ago, but after this season's Miami ACC viewing, I'm eager to see him join up. Of course, since he hasn't signed (saying he wants to see who the coach is) this could be more fluid than we hope for. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement
Back