2020 Recruiting.

Isaiah Jackson did not commit on his visit to Kentucky so they are back on Lance Ware. I don't think he cancels his visit to Miami.

Advertisement
Maybe just speaking for myself, but some of "us" are more casual fan than student of the game (or technician) so it's easy to get lost in the observations and jargon. Still finding it interesting, though unable at times to make any intelligent comment... but do appreciate all those that do!

The "Coach L prefers older players" thing perplexes me a bit: does he really seem to appreciate the veteran stability of a third year guy so much more that he would give them minutes over a newer/younger and perhaps more promising or more talented player? Maybe a loyalty thing... "has earned the right to play (seniority)?". Somehow seems like there should be more to it, in enhancing chances to win. Would love to hear elaboration, TY.

Maybe just speaking for myself, but some of "us" are more casual fan than student of the game (or technician) so it's easy to get lost in the observations and jargon. Still finding it interesting, though unable at times to make any intelligent comment... but do appreciate all those that do!

The "Coach L prefers older players" thing perplexes me a bit: does he really seem to appreciate the veteran stability of a third year guy so much more that he would give them minutes over a newer/younger and perhaps more promising or more talented player? Maybe a loyalty thing... "has earned the right to play (seniority)?". Somehow seems like there should be more to it, in enhancing chances to win. Would love to hear elaboration, TY.

Yes he does, I can’t remember the last time a freshman started opening night for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This is great news as I am glad to see the coaching staff has made him a priority. He would be a great addition to the team.

This is a kid I want badly in this class. Kinda kid that will stay 3-4 years and will be very good as time passes. Plus a true point guard for once.

This is a kid I want badly in this class. Kinda kid that will stay 3-4 years and will be very good as time passes. Plus a true point guard for once.

I completely agree with you. He makes everyone else around him better, which is what a point guard should do.

Advertisement

This kid is a good shooter but I would prefer to have Earl Timberlake and Niels Lane since Moses Moody has eliminated Miami. Those three were my picks for wing priority. Kerwin Walton, Jalen Bridges and Donovan "Puff" Johnson were always viewed as fall back options in my opinion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ideal class:
Curbelo
Timberlake
Cross
Lane
Cliff

That is exactly where I stand. Technically, Miami only has four available scholarships for the 2020 recruiting class. To make this work, Nysier Brooks has to get a waiver to be eligible to play this season. That should not be a problem.

I think he has applied but it has not been confirmed. That would explain why Coach L and staff are recruiting a center for this class.

Or they will tell somebody to transfer at the end of the season

That would not be necessary. I think Lykes and McGusty will go through the NBA process. I am not saying both of them would turn pro but Kam is four years removed from high school and if he were to get a first round grade then I think he should turn pro.

Besides, you don't want to get in the business of forcing transfers for scholarships. That is bad for PR.

Regardless, Nysier Brooks needs to get a waiver and play this season. If Miami signs Cliff Omoyuri then Nysier may not play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back