2020 Recruiting.

Late reply but saw on Rodney Miller's IG story that Lane was at the UM Football game with Anthony Walker and Rodney. He looked like he was having a good time, and the game went really well for UM as they won 63-0. The fan turnout wasn't too huge, but UM is a much smaller school than some of the other football powerhouses.

This....^^^^^^

Advertisement

I don't know if they are related but I am trying to follow the recruiting dominoes.

I am guessing that Caleb Love is option #1 for Louisville and Devion Smith is option#2, maybe.

Is Miami option#3 for Devion Smith behind Louisville or NC State. I always thought he was going to Georgia.

Is Devion Smith option#1 for Miami with Andre Curbelo being option#2. I always had Andre Curbelo as option#1 personally.

Let's see how this plays out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Been following Walton's recruitment from the start (well before Miami even got involved). The one thing I think Miami needs to overcome is the distance from home, as the talk locally is he wants to be somewhat close to his parents (would favor schools like Minnesota/Iowa St. and to a lesser extent Creighton). If you can get past that hurdle, though, Miami has been singled out as a program that has done a great job making a push for him by Ryan James (and he's the guy that would have the best handle on him among any reporters/insiders).

Advertisement
Been following Walton's recruitment from the start (well before Miami even got involved). The one thing I think Miami needs to overcome is the distance from home, as the talk locally is he wants to be somewhat close to his parents (would favor schools like Minnesota/Iowa St. and to a lesser extent Creighton). If you can get past that hurdle, though, Miami has been singled out as a program that has done a great job making a push for him by Ryan James (and he's the guy that would have the best handle on him among any reporters/insiders).

Great post and in-depth information. Distance is always a factor with out of state kids.

After the Miami visit, he will only have one last official visit left. His commitment should be coming soon thereafter.

Advertisement

Oregon, Florida State, Ohio State and Miami are his four official visits with no "blue bloods" on the list to this point. Very interesting.

Miami is close to home, Oregon is his dream school from what I have read and I guess he is cool with the coaches at the other schools.

I feel good about where Miami stands but he will not commit until the Spring of 2020 so that creates a different dynamic.

My dream scenario would be Miami gets commitments from PG Andre Curbelo, SG Neils Lane, SF Earl Timberlake to go along with Matt Cross then Kam McGusty turns pro after this season and Scottie Barnes commits to Miami.

Oregon, Florida State, Ohio State and Miami are his four official visits with no "blue bloods" on the list to this point. Very interesting.

Miami is close to home, Oregon is his dream school from what I have read and I guess he is cool with the coaches at the other schools.

I feel good about where Miami stands but he will not commit until the Spring of 2020 so that creates a different dynamic.

My dream scenario would be Miami gets commitments from PG Andre Curbelo, SG Neils Lane, SF Earl Timberlake to go along with Matt Cross then Kam McGusty turns pro after this season and Scottie Barnes commits to Miami.

FSU sits in a better spot with Scottie then us, but hopefully the OV's will change his mind. I do not think he will go to Oregon

Advertisement
Back