2019 TE Larry Hodges commits

Advertisement
WelcometoParty.jpg

As per Andrew Ivins from Inside the U today when asked what his weight was now.

"234 (lbs) is from this weekend."

Last edited:
Advertisement
CMR and the staff is getting an early start with ‘19. Hope we can close very strong for 18, have a great year and just keep piling up on top recruits.

Advertisement
Kid is shifty as **** for a smaller TE & can run. I was actually surprised to see him taking direct snaps and running the ball 6’2” 235lbs is a load to bring down especially when he can make you miss too.

Kid is shifty as **** for a smaller TE & can run. I was actually surprised to see him taking direct snaps and running the ball 6’2” 235lbs is a load to bring down especially when he can make you miss too.

Maybe we can use him at FB from time to time in short yardage situations

Some of you guys are probably too young, but kid could play that Quad Hill role. He haven't had a REAL fullback threat in a long time....Kid might be too short for TE but will be one helluva an H-Back....

Advertisement
Some of you guys are probably too young, but kid could play that Quad Hill role. He haven't had a REAL fullback threat in a long time....Kid might be too short for TE but will be one helluva an H-Back....

Good point.

One of the reasons I am excited about this kid is his versatility. He looks like a weapon that can play everywhere. This is the type of kid Oklahoma has used for many years and why they are so hard to stop. They use kids like this in the hurry up offense and line him up everywhere without substitutions. They'll make the D play him out wide with a small CB and throw a fade, then they'll move him inside on the very next play to chip a LT on a sweep. Then they'll run a wheel route with him out of a HB set. Creates all kinds of match-up nightmares especially when the D can't sub. I hope they use him like this. Brevin can also do all the above.

Per 247 update:

- Hodges has been offered by Oklahoma, Texas, and LSU over the past several weeks.
- May take an OV to Oklahoma this spring, but he says nothing has changed with his UM commitment.
- Will be at Miami's Junior Day this weekend.
- Plans to ink during early signing period.

Great job the staff/Hartley to identify this kid early on and secure his commitment. He has blown up this off season.

Advertisement
Hodges just tweeted that he's received his 4th star from ESPN and is now the #2 TE in the country on their rankings. Zipperer is #1.

It's widely known that ESPN is by far the worst recruiting site and has a $17 budget for their evaluation staff, which I believe is about 2 guys....but still, it's something.

Hodges just tweeted that he's received his 4th star from ESPN and is now the #2 TE in the country on their rankings. Zipperer is #1.

It's widely known that ESPN is by far the worst recruiting site and has a $17 budget for their evaluation staff, which I believe is about 2 guys....but still, it's something.
Man if Hartley gets TE #1 and #2, after getting Brevin TE #1 and Mallory TE #3 (per ESPN) that would just be absurd.

Advertisement
Back