2019 TE Larry Hodges commits

Advertisement
Measurables are lousy, but the kid is a playmaker.

It's pretty obvious he's still developing physically. Still has some baby fat on him. Herndon was the same way in HS.

Give Hodges a couple years in our S&C program and you'll have a NFL caliber TE/H-back

Measurables aren't that important for a college TE. Hodges has plenty of natural ability when you consider his ball skills, body control, balance, hands, nimble feet, etc. He doesn't have blazing speed but like @TheRichtShow said his body composition isn't close to ideal. He also has no clue how to run routes yet. These are low-hanging fruit for the staff to fix and that will take him to the next level.

Advertisement
Quadtrine Hill.

He's going to need to drop a lot fo weight to be Quad Hill. Quad was one of browards best backs his sr year. Hodges honestly looks like a big full back...but his hands are soo soft when i see him on film. But he doesnt have the body type of much kids we have brought in here. He reminds me of a Keith Byars with the dolphins

It's pretty obvious he's still developing physically. Still has some baby fat on him. Herndon was the same way in HS.

Give Hodges a couple years in our S&C program and you'll have a NFL caliber TE/H-back

Herndon wasn’t 6’0 tall (6’3”) and more physically developed... I think He compares more to Delanie Walker in terms of measurables coming out of high school

Herndon wasn’t 6’0 tall (6’3”) and more physically developed... I think He compares more to Delanie Walker in terms of measurables coming out of high school

herndon was an athletic bball recruit. your right..i believe brevin is comparable to delanie walker.

Advertisement
I thought this was about Hodges.. Brevin has more athletic talent than Herndon imo

I already dropped my comparison for Hodges...Keith Byars. Hodges is barely 6'1 and over 230pds.
Brevin is ahead of Herndon at the same age...**** he's almost the same size Herndon left at.Herndon is a bit taller and likely had more straightline speed than Jordan. Jordan is way more sudden and runs better routes

He's going to need to drop a lot fo weight to be Quad Hill. Quad was one of browards best backs his sr year. Hodges honestly looks like a big full back...but his hands are soo soft when i see him on film. But he doesnt have the body type of much kids we have brought in here. He reminds me of a Keith Byars with the dolphins

Keith Byars is a very solid comparison. Not just size and hands, but he also shows balance as a ball carrier like Byars did.

Advertisement
Back