2019 TE Larry Hodges commits

Man if Hartley gets TE #1 and #2, after getting Brevin TE #1 and Mallory TE #3 (per ESPN) that would just be absurd.

I posted a couple weeks ago that if Hartley lands Zipperer, he should get a statue on campus.

There is no reason in the world for Zipperer to come here over the other schools courting him, other than Hartley is just a bad *** salesman.

We'll see.

Advertisement
I posted a couple weeks ago that if Hartley lands Zipperer, he should get a statue on campus.

There is no reason in the world for Zipperer to come here over the other schools courting him, other than Hartley is just a bad *** salesman.

We'll see.
No reason in the world?

No reason in the world?

Meaning depth charts. Miami just signed 2 of the 5 best TEs in the country last class. Getting the same deal, including the #1 kid the very next cycle is just absurd recruiting, and Hodges looks like he's starting to blow up too. If you're Zipperer, you've got to fight Brevin, Mallory, and Hodges just to see the field, and they're all either in your class or 1 ahead. I won't believe Zipperer is coming until he signs a LOI...it just doesn't make sense when you can go to these other schools and essentially start right away, but clearly Hartley is putting in work.

Advertisement
Meaning depth charts. Miami just signed 2 of the 5 best TEs in the country last class. Getting the same deal, including the #1 kid the very next cycle is just absurd recruiting, and Hodges looks like he's starting to blow up too. If you're Zipperer, you've got to fight Brevin, Mallory, and Hodges just to see the field, and they're all either in your class or 1 ahead. I won't believe Zipperer is coming until he signs a LOI...it just doesn't make sense when you can go to these other schools and essentially start right away, but clearly Hartley is putting in work.
So weather, location, tradition, alumni connection, quality of education, local culture, local nightlife, chance to compete with the best to be the best are still reasons to come here right, cause you said no reason in the world.

Ever think that he believes competition makes him better. If he wants to be great why not compete against greatness!

So weather, location, tradition, alumni connection, quality of education, local culture, local nightlife, chance to compete with the best to be the best are still reasons to come here right, cause you said no reason in the world.

Most of the time playing time trumps all those when you’re an elite player. Tough to enjoy those things you mentioned when you’re on the bench. Of course there are reasons to go to UM, you just have to be a lights out recruiter to convince a kid with this ability to look at those reasons over actually playing the game.

Advertisement

Man stop salting up the game. We're by far TEU. Why wouldn't you want to come as a top TE? Why is it OK for Bama to stack the deck at certain positions, but it's taboo for Miami to do the same thing?? Hartley is a sniper....let him snipe and stop questioning the process.

Last edited:
Man stop salting up the game. We're by far TEU. Why wouldn't you? Why is OK for Bama to stack the deck at certain positions, but it's taboo for Miami to do the same thing? Hartley is a sniper....let him snipe and stop questioning the process.

I agree with everything but the last sentence. The man is not a sniper. Snipers hit you from range, using cover. El Sicario Blanco is an assassin. He can come from many angles, and cover all distances.

Advertisement

Did you just start following recruiting today?

By your "logic" Bama could never sign any good player. What top 150 kid wants to wait 3 years just to have a shot at playing linebacker?

I think its very clear what you're trying to say and people are being retarded tbh.

I think its very clear what you're trying to say and people are being retarded tbh.
If his point wasn't complete and total ****, people wouldn't be ******* with him. And if it wasn't complete and total **** 5 star kids would be signing with places like Kansas, Illinois and Oregon state, where the path to playing time for an elite recruit is wide ******* open.

Top tier players go to crowded rosters every single year, at pretty much every single position because top tier recruiting schools have great recruiting systems and total packages to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If his point wasn't complete and total ****, people wouldn't be ******* with him. And if it wasn't complete and total **** 5 star kids would be signing with places like Kansas, Illinois and Oregon state, where the path to playing time for an elite recruit is wide ******* open.

Top tier players go to crowded rosters every single year, at pretty much every single position because top tier recruiting schools have great recruiting systems and total packages to offer.

Yup. Anyone who follows recruiting recognizes this. Alabama signs multiple studs at each spot year after year and the kids just keep signing on.

And of course, we had Portis, McGahee and Gore all on campus at the same time. And it seems to have worked out well for all three of them.

I'm not saying that PT is never an issue. But for most kids, it's way down the list of what they base their decision on.

This guy gets it.

It’s not BS at all. It’s not the only factor, but it certainly plays a big role. My first post on this whole thread was Hartley should be given the key to the city if he lands this kid. It would be beyond impressive and of course Miami is in the game here. But I’ll believe it when I see it. This kid can go **** near everywhere else he’s been offered and start as a freshman. Pass catchers are a different breed. I’ll be real surprised if they can sell him on coming to Miami, but I’m here for it.

Regardless, the thread is about Hodges. Looks like Hartley and Richt might’ve stolen one. I’d bet his offer sheet explodes soon, his film is pretty filthy.

Advertisement
Back