2019 St. John Bosco CB Chris Steele locks in his OV with Miami

Advertisement
Oregon will have another crap season under Cristobal. USC is hedging on pins and needles, but Helton is not the answer. The dark horse for Steele is UCLA b/c of UCLA's relationship w/ Bosco and the fact that Chip Kelly is now there and UCLA might surprise some in the PAC-12. We have a shot at Steele, especially if our DBs have a good year.

Thats from 2016 bro. There is a new dead period from June 25th-July 24th. The issue this year is how to balance all of the "elite" camps colleges have with the high school schedule because most schools begin late July early August.

Idk when Paradise is but I have read mixed messages between June and late July. I honestly don't care when it is, I just want more top talent at the event this year compared to last year. Simpson need to get a tour bus from Ga to Miami just for the event. We need as many lineman as possible.

Off of assumptions, I do believe Paradise will be the weekend of June 15th-17th. Why else would they host an official visit? Think back to when they hosted Kevin Harris, it was an alumni weekend. You get Chris Steele and anyone else who may be attending Paradise camp around the U legends to really press the brotherhood upon them and the family.

If I was staff, I would just hold 2 big premier weekends.
1.) Paradise camp in June
2.) Invite only event in late July to introduce the IPF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thought I read somewhere Paradise will be the weekend of July 27th-29th.

This. Ivins has said he is under the impression it is late july - after the dead period.

Also - Chris Steele will be in north florida for a tourney with his 7v7 team before he has his ov with us. That's why he is coming that weekend

We haven't had the best outcomes with Cali kids. I was so excited about Vaughn Telemaque back in the day, and while he was a starter, he grossly underperformed expectations. Kaaya same thing. Milo can't make second string. DJ Johnson just transferred out. Is Steele the exception to the rule?

We haven't had the best outcomes with Cali kids. I was so excited about Vaughn Telemaque back in the day, and while he was a starter, he grossly underperformed expectations. Kaaya same thing. Milo can't make second string. DJ Johnson just transferred out. Is Steele the exception to the rule?
Yes

Advertisement
He is... Cali kids and Texas kids are typically locks to USC/Texas if they come calling and their half decent. We don't have a chance if USC is really interested in this guy.
I wont even get into what i know. Ill just say this and anyone from cali can feel free to confirm or disagree. Obviously the cali area is broken up into many different fan bases. Usc & ucla have the majority of it all locked down & those two fan bases absolutely hate each other. Ucla gets the more uppity kids maybe cause its in westwood who knows and usc gets the more urban kids maybe cause its in the hood. Chris steele was already a ucla commit. He backed out when chip kelly came in. Very few kids that wanna go to ucla also wanna go to usc usually because they were raised to hate each other.

I wont even get into what i know. Ill just say this and anyone from cali can feel free to confirm or disagree. Obviously the cali area is broken up into many different fan bases. Usc & ucla have the majority of it all locked down & those two fan bases absolutely hate each other. Ucla gets the more uppity kids maybe cause its in westwood who knows and usc gets the more urban kids maybe cause its in the hood. Chris steele was already a ucla commit. He backed out when chip kelly came in. Very few kids that wanna go to ucla also wanna go to usc usually because they were raised to hate each other.
You saying Rumph gonna pull this off? Lol. I hope so, he would be a nice addition along with Stevenson. We land these 2 kids and we can stop fretting over DB recruiting

That is correct. Spot on, actually.

Advertisement
Been on the Steele bandwagon kid is a dog, he’ll get in your face and let you know it. He belongs here and will fit in fine.
Exactly, kid has that old school cane attitude. Watching Rivals camp LA , he was getting in the face with most of the receivers. my fav quote from him thus far “If a team has a No. 1 guy, my coaches can trust that if they put me on him I'll hold him to little or no yards," - Steele

Makes sense but I'm not gonna hang on that because kids from Miami always say Miami is their dream school then go to FSU or Florida even though we recruited them hard. We'll see.

Advertisement
Back