2019 recruiting

Advertisement
Tristan left Omaha without committing to Creighton (supposedly, his last visit; unless one of the big boys suddenly has an opening). Both Omaha and Lawrence/KC-based commenters think he will choose the Jayhawks.

Tristan left Omaha without committing to Creighton (supposedly, his last visit; unless one of the big boys suddenly has an opening). Both Omaha and Lawrence/KC-based commenters think he will choose the Jayhawks.

Creighton was not his last visit. Kansas was. He left all three without committing. People are assuming Kansas because they have so many open schollies right now, but nobody really knows what Enaruna is doing. He's been silent about his recruitment.

Advertisement
The Creighton and KU posters act like Miami is a distant #3 on his list. Probably just a Midwestern perspective.

If he's Catholic, that favors Creighton. If he likes a huge state school and Final Four tradition, that's KU. We've got great academics, the weather and a great shot at starting right away (although I think all three are telling him that).

Advertisement
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/rivals-rankings-week-roundtable-on-final-2019-rankings

Leading the movers inside of the Rivals150, skilled forward Tristan Enaruna of Mt. Pleasant (Utah) Wasatch Valley made the biggest climb moving up 61 spots from No. 105 to No. 44.

The player I hope proves us right and he's not too high is....

Bossi: Harlond Beverly. I could have been talked into going even higher than No. 42 on the Miami-bound guard who is originally from Michigan. Beverly was not good last summer and looked to be on the decline and I worried he would get lost in the shuffle at a powerhouse like Montverde (Fla.) Academy as a senior. Beverly didn’t sink and instead swam like Michael Phelps in his prime as he blossomed into a high scoring guard with athleticism and confidence. I won’t be at all surprised if he ends making an All-ACC team before he finishes up in Coral Gables.

Final Rankings per Rivals.com

Harlond Beverly #42, Tristan Enaruna #44, Isaiah Wong #76 and Anthony Walker (unranked in the Top 150).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ugh. Are we still in play with any other high schoolers? Or just purely transfers/grad transfers at this point?

Advertisement
I think Miami should wait until May 30 before attempting to fill the last two scholarships. That is the deadline for players to return to school after they pull out of the draft process. Miami should be able to add two more players as a couple of schools will be over the scholarship limit.

I would prefer two grad transfers but a good 2019 high school senior might become available. No one thought Boogie Ellis would decommit from Duke last week so who knows what will happen.

Let's wait and see.

I think Miami should wait until May 30 before attempting to fill the last two scholarships. That is the deadline for players to return to school after they pull out of the draft process. Miami should be able to add two more players as a couple of schools will be over the scholarship limit.

I would prefer two grad transfers but a good 2019 high school senior might become available. No one thought Boogie Ellis would decommit from Duke last week so who knows what will happen.

Let's wait and see.
I agree here.

Advertisement
Back