2019 recruiting

Advertisement
I know Allen Field House and the KU winning tradition count for a lot but ... Miami vs Lawrence, KS as a place to live; and pretty much guaranteed starter right away vs. fighting for PT? To me, it seems simple but ... last visit often wins out. Fingers crossed.

I know Allen Field House and the KU winning tradition count for a lot but ... Miami vs Lawrence, KS as a place to live; and pretty much guaranteed starter right away vs. fighting for PT? To me, it seems simple but ... last visit often wins out. Fingers crossed.

I agree. That would be part of my sells pitch along with the 4 exhibition games Miami plays in Italy in August. His family can see him play his first four college basketball games. A flight from the Netherlands to Italy is 1.4 hours (787 air miles).

IMO, tradition is overrated. Playing time matters more than anything.

https://www.distancefromto.net/distance-from-italy-to-netherlands

Advertisement
Anybody see the flaws in Wong's offensive game? Nice handle, can jump, finish at the rim, outside shot. I can see him needing to add some size, but I'm extremely optimistic about him being a major contributor immediately.
I think he's really underrated. Our back court is a little thin on depth and not the tallest or strongest, but we have a lot of diverse weapons.

Wong and Beverly are clearly the backcourt of the future. Both will play immediately as McGusty is the only other guard on the roster. If Miami adds Tristan Enaruna then the overall depth will improve drastically compared to last year. Don't sleep on Anthony Walker getting playing time either.

August will help them grow alot with 4 games and 10 practices in Italy.

Advertisement
Wong and Beverly are clearly the backcourt of the future. Both will play immediately as McGusty is the only other guard on the roster. If Miami adds Tristan Enaruna then the overall depth will improve drastically compared to last year. Don't sleep on Anthony Walker getting playing time either.

August will help them grow alot with 4 games and 10 practices in Italy.

You forgetting Lykes and Dejan?

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-texas-tech-ncaa-s-goat-rodeo-tristan-enaruna

By the time you read this, undecided four-star forward Tristan Enaruna will be wrapping up his official visit to Kansas. The visit was his third and final after previous trips to Miami and Creighton.

With his visits out of the way, I would expect a decision to be coming in very soon. Kansas has gone strong on Enaruna since getting involved during the winter, got the last chance to impress him and offers the blueblood pedigree. Creighton has been recruiting him the longest, has established a deep relationship and plays a wide-open style on offense. Miami, well the Canes are known for coaching, have the great weather, are in need of a difference maker in their frontcourt.

Though Miami snuck in and surprised everybody when it landed four-star guard Harlond Beverly, I think the Hurricanes are on the outside looking in on this one -- though a few sources told me that his visit to Coral Gables was strong so I'm not completely counting them out. I see this one coming down to Creighton and Kansas and I would expect a decision to be forthcoming in the very near future. At the beginning of the late signing period I predicted Kansas and as of today I’m sticking with that prediction but it is far from the most confident pick I’ve ever made and it’s almost a 50-50 proposition between him landing in Lawrence or Omaha.

Whoever gets him is getting a heck of a pickup. Currently ranked No. 105 nationally, look for Enaruna to make a giant leap when we finalize the 2019 rankings next week. At around 6-foot-9 with athleticism and skill, he should be considered a legitimate top-50 type recruiting score for whichever program lands him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back