2019 recruiting

Seems to me Justice Sueing was the plan B for Enaruna, so I would think we'll be trying to get him on campus shortly. Looks like he recently visited Ohio State and San Diego State.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems to me Justice Sueing was the plan B for Enaruna, so I would think we'll be trying to get him on campus shortly. Looks like he recently visited Ohio State and San Diego State.

Assuming we’re taking someone to sit out, I’d like it to be someone like Sueing, LJ or Brown. Not that any play similar positions.

I still have my reservations about regular transfers. I do not want any more sit outs to get kicked out in a year. I would prefer grad transfers at this point.

Of course, this viewpoint is subject to change depending on what 2019 freshman decommits and re-opens his recruitment.

If we can't sign anybody else in this class you know it's because of shady dealings, and Coach L needs to look into Sueing.

Advertisement
IMO, signing Sueing would be the wrong move because if Brooks does not get a waiver then Miami would have two sit out transfers. Miami needs players who can contribute and play immediately.

You make a valid point and Sueing is a very good player but Miami really needs to win next season before some fans want to replace the head coach.

I am sure there will be more player movement and new players becoming available. The news just has not broken yet.

before some fans want to replace the head coach.

That is the last reason to do or not to do something. There is zero chance that Coach L is gone before his contract runs out in 2023.

before some fans want to replace the head coach.

That is the last reason to do or not to do something. There is zero chance that Coach L is gone before his contract runs out in 2023.
Unless Blake James were to go in the next year or two. That might change things..

Advertisement
University of Michigan's head coach took an NBA job which likely means that Michigan's 4 star SF Jalen Wilson will decommit. We should pursue him hard

Good point. The coaching and recruiting carousal continues. It is a good thing Miami has two scholarships available.

May 30th is an important date also as kids will exit the draft process to go back to school. Kansas may be a team to watch as they could run out of scholarships.

Advertisement
Today, May 15, is the last day of this signing period. Are we gonna hear anything??
Highly doubt it. I don't think we are in play for any more high school recruits.

Overall, with the addition of Beverly, this is a very nice class and shows the FBI crap is finally in the past. Still, would've really liked to add one more guy (a big). We need a huge class next year.

It depends on who is available. If I was on the coaching staff, I would see if Jalen Wilson decommits from Michigan or if Tristan Enaruna decommits from Kansas then I would pursue them. If not, I would use the last two scholarships on grad transfers so Miami would have 4 or 5 scholarships available for the 2020 recruiting class.

Advertisement
As we all know, recruiting success feeds off winning, and vice versa. We need to make the NCAAT this season although I doubt the experts will give us much chance of doing so. Fingers crossed for a last minute big man recruit who can play immediately.

The way the roster is currently constructed, Miami will make the NCAA tournament barring injuries.

PG Lykes and Wong
SG Vasiljevic and Beverly
SF McGusty and Stone
PF Wardeenberg and Walker
C Miller, Gak and Brooks

Walk-ons: Herenton and Proctor

Miami still needs to use those last two scholarships on a grad transfer wing or grad transfer big especially if 2019 HS recruiting has been completed. I am patiently waiting until May 30 as some school will be over the scholarship limit and someone will decommit.

The way the roster is currently constructed, Miami will make the NCAA tournament barring injuries.

PG Lykes and Wong
SG Vasiljevic and Beverly
SF McGusty and Stone
PF Wardeenberg and Walker
C Miller, Gak and Brooks

Walk-ons: Herenton and Proctor

Miami still needs to use those last two scholarships on a grad transfer wing or grad transfer big especially if 2019 HS recruiting has been completed. I am patiently waiting until May 30 as some school will be over the scholarship limit and someone will decommit.

Ehhh, looks like a borderline Tourney team. Although our backcourt looks to be improved from last year, at the moment it looks like we have taken a big dip up front with the loss of Amp and Izunda.

Ehhh, looks like a borderline Tourney team. Although our backcourt looks to be improved from last year, at the moment it looks like we have taken a big dip up front with the loss of Amp and Izunda.

Considering Miami lost 7 to 10 games by 10 points or less last season, I feel they have added more scoring and depth to the roster to compete in a weaker ACC. With a strong non-conference schedule, no injuries and players play up to their abilities, I see no reason why this group will not make the NCAA tournament.

Advertisement
Back